Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1997
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Thinking about it mobility is rarely an issue, the lack of ability to knock down dodge equipped enemies is.

The brutality checklist is block, tackle, frenzy, horns and pro. The non block benefits of pro seem tempting (stuff like catching spilled balls and re rolling dodges). I know pro is unreliable though.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Sunday night should be fine Screwie, I'll probably be online to catch on Steam or we could just set a specific time.

After picking Tackle for my blocker with kick and block for my novices I checked who my next opponent was. GroovyChainsaw and a 1000 TV deficit.... Buh? What do I even do with that.

Chef, the 300TV Chaos blocker guy and morg? Almost, but either way I will certainly reflect on the best way to use this value gap.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 27-10-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Okay back from my break. NieA7, I should be available any time for our match.

Network Hub
    My Skinks managed a respectable 1-1 draw with Low-Key's skeletal horde on their first outing. Despite demonstrating their heroic multi-dodge gauntlet-running abilities to full effect in the first half, they had to contend with quickly diminishing numbers in the second (including an unfortunate KO on the Krox) and were unable to stop the late equaliser once they were reduced to a team of three. No actual injuries though!

@Dolphan once you get a few skills or a blessed +AG it will all come together. You actually might find the krox a liability, especially vs the zombie and rotter teams who only need 3 assists and a block/wrestle player to deal reliable smackdown. Add to that bonehead and it's consumption of rerolls. Other big guys come in pairs (treemen, trolls) or more (ogres) and can cover each other. Once you get break tackle he might be something special but if a double tempts to to get block you'll find him spending most of the match marked or worse until 16spp and break tackle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Gorm - I remember organising a time with you, but can't quite remember when - was it tonight, 9pm, by any chance?
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    You actually might find the krox a liability, especially vs the zombie and rotter teams who only need 3 assists and a block/wrestle player to deal reliable smackdown.
    I'd be more than happy to bind that many players to my Prehensive Tail guy. *vanishes from the subforum like a ghost from the past*

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I'd be more than happy to bind that many players to my Prehensive Tail guy. *vanishes from the subforum like a ghost from the past*
    They are not strictly bound when the krox is flat on his back.

A Krox that works as a Zombie magnet (MA4) is pretty close though. Also, he might get up again, Bonehead is much less worse than Really Stupid or Wild Animal.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm not sure groovy but that sounds fine

Network Hub
    I haven't seen ntw and someone in the DoD thread said that he'd be away until Thursday, I think. So if groovy and Gorm get their game played, that leaves only our match hanging.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just played Groovy, managed to win 2-1. I got really damn lucky.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Yeah, i probably should have done a bit better, but the dice were a little against me. I'm not going to be too bitter, gorm played well and stalled my whole second half nicely, and I never got the break I needed. I started the second half against 9 players, 2-1 down. I didn't manage to get more than 1 off the pitch in the whole second half, being plagued by triple skull-type results, whilst his block goblins proved very resilient. A lucky 2 dice against on my ogre got the ball free and I never got it back, tied in a mass of bodies as it was.

Well played gorm, nuffle was with you today, but regardless, you've got a good team and hung on well to get the win :-).
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Screwie and I played.

He won 3-0.
    Last edited by NieA7; 29-10-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Nuffle and I played.

He won 3-0.
    Fixed that for you... I was only there to watch! :P

It was truly a car wreck of a game for NieA7, but one you just couldn't look away from. For my part I took Bomber Dribblesnot to double-team bombs with my team's permanent bombardier with Accurate, Fetch. That was super fun. I nearly cleared the pitch of opposing players twice, within 4 turns in the first half. NieA7 was just bleeding goblins, nearly every roll that could go wrong did with awful consequences - failed dodges and failed TTMs claimed several of his little guys.

Oh and both MVPs went to each of our chainsaw looneys, despite the fact they both eliminated from the match by turn 2!

Better luck next time mate.

We on the next day now?
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    I haven't seen ntw and someone in the DoD thread said that he'd be away until Thursday, I think. So if groovy and Gorm get their game played, that leaves only our match hanging.
    Ah, so we wait?

We wait. I'll always delay the next day deadline (within reason) as opposed to defaulting things here.

Network Hub
    The Megalosauria vs. Friendly Little Fellas will be played on Thursday. Probably. Keep your fingers crossed!

Network Hub
    Guess ntw failed that 2+ roll to make it in the agreed upon time. Although I was busy myself as well and probably wouldn't have played either. I'll see if we can find another time to play, but he did mention being a bit fed up with Blood Bowl at the moment.
    Last edited by El Cubo; 02-11-2012 at 02:15 PM.