Page 52 of 100 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1997
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Wow! The skinks lost, and to the slowest team o.o

I've advanced the day. The next provisional deadline is the 22nd November. Just two games left before the play-offs!

Network Hub
    Ntw - Afraid I'm away a lot of the next week. Thursday or next Tuesday are probably the best bets if you can make either?

@Dolphan, ntw may be out of the competition, as he's mostly taking time off from playing BB at the moment. Partly as a courtesy to him and partly because it would be pointless to get a replacement at this late stage, his team is still in the league. If ntw doesn't should the match will be defaulted to a draw.

@Helio - So we meet at last. I assume I can expect a horrible amount of inducements against me? I'm free any time this weekend.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Screwie whats the thinking on underworld with gobbos and troll only in the stunty? If its legit then bagsy a slot for next season

Right now I am definitely leaning towards allowing Underworld.

With the 0-12 limit on UW goblins, removing skaven and the lack of star player support it is literally impossible to field a team of 16, which is a bit weird but certainly not overpowered.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    @Helio - So we meet at last. I assume I can expect a horrible amount of inducements against me? I'm free any time this weekend.
    I'll see you on steam, I'm sure. I'm falling out with inducements, I have decided I'd rather be bloated as such I have deemed that non of my rotters shall be injuredhence forth!
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Skinkulous (Skink, Dolphan) vs. The Philanthropists (Gobbo, me)

Well, to coin a phrase it was a game of two halves. The Philanthropists were still licking the wounds they'd picked up from the barrage of laser guided bombs the Bully Culprits had hurled their way in the last match, but with Skinkulous being a new team they still gave away enough inducements for the lizards to hire a chef (who stole an underwhelming one re-roll per half, each time followed by the gobbos picking up a re-roll on kick off) and a babe.

The Philanthropists won the toss and elected to receive. With their bomber out injured the only secret weapon on hand was the chainsaw loony, so a cunning plan was immediately formed - receive and spend all the half chopping up lizards into kitty kibble. Sadly as a plan this proved to be a bit of a flop. The loony successfully stunned the krox on the first turn, but got sent off stunning him on a foul on the second. Prince Kahrim Aga Kahn, one of my sidestep/diving tackle gits, caught a severe case of the deads from a skink block, while one skink was KO'd and another badly hurt on a dodge. The gobbos ran it in on turn 8 (after surviving some spirited 1 dice in-cage blitzing from the skinks) then braced themselves for two turns of unopposed bashing.

The first few turns of the second half proved critical. Setting up aggressively Skinkulous pressed forward hard, KOing a troll on the way, but a deep kick left the skink with the ball slightly exposed near the line of scrimmage. Throwing caution to the wind the gobbos legged it towards the carrier, failing to blitz him down but marking him up with two gobbos and the remaining troll while semi-screening the rest of the skinks. Nuffle smiled on the gobbos as the carrier failed a dodge and spilled the ball early in the turn, allowing The Philanthropists to cage up half way into the lizards half. A sudden onslaught of injuries (including the Krox) left the skinks reeling with only 5 or 6 players left on the pitch, giving the gobbos an easy run in. Kicking off again another quick turnover allowed the gobbos to pile around the ball, before Walt Disney, star pogoer extraordinaire, topped off the first game in which he'd earned his pay check by grabbing the ball and sprinting over the endzone for another touchdown. A couple of turns of bashing proved indecisive, leaving it 3-0 to The Philanthropists at full time.

After a massively lackluster first half I was concerned that the skinks superior speed was going to be my undoing, but fortunately Nuffle saw fit to injure half of them across a couple of turns. That, coupled with being able to steal the ball at the start of the second half and score a quick defensive TD, largely put the game out of Dolphan's reach, with the third TD being the icing on the cake. It was a good game, and I was very happy to see that I've not entirely lost the ability to win with these guys.

Gorm, we need to play but it might be tricky. I'm in Japan on my hols for the next couple of weeks - I've got a good net connection for now but I've no idea if I can play BB over it (no access to ports of course), and even if I can the +9 hour time difference will be tricky. It's meant to rain here from Friday evening to Saturday afternoon so that might be a good time for me, but it's hard to say in advance - how are you set?

As for Underworld teams, I've been thinking about it (mostly because I'd love to have a go with them I must admit). 12 gobbos and the troll is unlikely to be unbalanced due to the rather thin roster, and I think there's a case for allowing a troll, gobbo and skaven linemen team in too. The best comparison would be with a standard gobbo team:

Goblin Underworld
    2x Trolls, S access, 110k 1x Troll, S/M access, 110k
    16x Gobbos, A access, 40k 12x Gobbos, A/M access, 40k
    1 Pogoer, A access, 70k -
    3 secret weapons, 40k, 40k & 70k -
    - 2 Skaven linerats, G/M access, 50k
    60k Re-Rolls 70k Re-Rolls
    50k bribes 100k bribes
    Morg, Ripper, Scrappa and Bomber Morg and Bomber

Even ignoring the strictly superior selection of star players, re-rolls and bribes, 2 trolls (220k) are not much better or worse than 1 troll and 2 skaven linerats (210k), and the goblin player gets a pogoer on top of that (just as fast, agile and tough as a linerat with more useful skills out of the box). Access to general skills is useful in a stunty league, but given there are already rotter and zombie teams allowed in it's nothing the stunty teams won't have dealt with before. Don't forget, in a one-on-one a troll/ogre/treeman is more likely to knock over a dodge-less player on 2 dice than he is a dodge player on 3 dice, and linerats have no normal A access and armor no better than a gobbo. The speed is important too, but there's just two rats compared to a team full of MA8 skinks. Mutation access makes a big difference (although again it's nothing we've not already let in thanks to the Rotters), but that's assuming the players live long enough to get a couple of skills under their belt.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Doesn't seem too unreasonable to me. Although mutations could make them scarily effective, I still think lizards are the biggest threat in the average stunty game, with high movement and dodge AND stunty in a league where most teams find tackle hard to come by.
    Biggest concern would be block and str3 straight away on the linerats (after a level-up), they'd be hard to bring down then (my ogres prefer 3 dice blocks.... ;-D), and MA7 would make them good ball carriers. Tentacles would make them handy to hold up many of the low str - high dodge players here, too, moreso than the goblins would be able to, but doesn't sound game-breaking when there's only 2 of them and they're only AV7 on a pitch full of fouling stunty types :-).
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

I'm cautious about it as suddenly your'e representing a team that is nearly full capacity tactics-wise, not to mention the combination of high MA and high ST. However as groovy points out there are some interesting other ways you could go when the linerats can potentially fulfil a bunch of roles.

I'll put it up to a vote when the time comes.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hmmm Nie i work Saturday between 10 and 4, so i doubt we can make that day work. I am no working Friday but will probably be out until about 1 in the afternoon. Which would make it 10pm for you? Or 9pm? I'm not sure. But that seems like it might work.

Gorm - that'll be 10pm here which should be OK, let's try that. If I'm not online at the time don't worry about waiting too long, I'll probably be trying to understand which platform to get to somewhere a long way away.

As for Underworld, including the two Skaven linemen would make it nearly a full strength UW team but Underworld are a tier 2 team anyway (along with Vamps if I remember correctly). The blitzers and throwers are key players in UW, by removing them even without comparing the side to gobbos I think they'd be comfortably tier 3 with the gobbos, 'flings and snots. Happy to put it to the vote :)

Network Hub
    Megalosauria vs. The ogre special forces

The skinks were in a vicious mood in tonight's match against the snotlings and ogres. During the match they killed two snotlings and injured about five more, while the skinks themselves stayed mostly upright when being hit. The snotling slaughter rendered the ogre team immobile and permitted the skinks to gang up on them. 2-0 was the final score.

Me and screwie tried to play a game but nuffle stepped in and cruely beat Screwies team, by turn 8 when his bribes were all 1's and every single secret weapon left the pitch (I scored on turn 7 and his bench wasn't deep enough to keep the weapons off the pitch)

I found no glory in such a result, we will be replaying.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I found no glory in such a result, we will be replaying.
    Are you saying that you felt pity?

Who are you and what have you done with Helio?

lowkey - I believe we're up next and im free tomorrow night, 8pm? What say you?

Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    Are you saying that you felt pity?

Who are you and what have you done with Helio?
    All I had achieved was a niggle, it was pointless! Anyway, replayed, performed awesome elfball, won 3 - 0 non of my skilled rots took any negs and no one died at all.

Got an up on a skillless, praying for +St,+ag or a double, I need some utility players now I've got my extra handed ball collector and all my blockers.

Hail Mary pass, yes please.

edit: got another extra arm on a reg, ah well. picking up the ball of useful too :)
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 19-11-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Sounds good groovy

Great lowkey, i'll see you on steam tonight, about 8pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    All I had achieved was a niggle, it was pointless! Anyway, replayed, performed awesome elfball, won 3 - 0 non of my skilled rots took any negs and no one died at all.

Got an up on a skillless, praying for +St,+ag or a double, I need some utility players now I've got my extra handed ball collector and all my blockers.

Hail Mary pass, yes please.

edit: got another extra arm on a reg, ah well. picking up the ball of useful too :)
    Yeah it was still a crushing defeat for me, but despite some cruel dodge rolls I still had an opportunity for some shenanigans at least.

And both my trolls levelled up! I now have a Block/Pro/Guard monster :)