Page 53 of 100 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1997
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    @Lowkey/Groovy, did you meet in the end? No result on the spreadsheet.

Deadline is tomorrow night, if the aforementioned match is done and we don't hear from ntw by then I'll advance it to the final day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Oh sorry, we did play and it was a big old 0-0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Yup, sorry Screwie, meant to mention it in here, but slipped my mind :-(.

GG tho, 7 injuries caused by my big fellas. 7! Of which 5 regenned :-(. Which, coupled with a few boneheads, slowed me down enough that I never really got anyone in range of a TD. Still, SPPs galore, meaning I have obtained 2 level 5 ogres.....

AND... both rolled doubles....

So I now have a block,tackle,pro,multiple block ogre....(whaaa?!)

And an AG3, strong arm, break tackle, block ogre (my thrower)!

This team is becoming really quite good now :-D. If only they could move fast enough to score.
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 21-11-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Wow! I'm surprised you went Block and not Pass, actually.

But that Block/Tackle/Pro has to die.

Pass? Who is she going to pass TO? She's the only ag3 ogre. And she is the only one who can pick up the ball. I nearly got sure hands, for that reason. You have to forget snotlings for the ogre game. They are missiles/trip hazards ONLY.

Really, no snotlings? Slippery little AG 3 gits with Agility access? I would've thought that would be worth exploring.

...Or you could have given your Block Pro monster Diving Catch instead - DC gives them +1 for the accurate passes and they already have Pro to cover catching if you're out of TRRs. :)

Whoops, neglected to check this yesterday after all. The day is moved on! Final game before the play-offs!

El Cubo's skinks, groovy's ogres and Gorm's goblins are definitely through at this stage, but three teams are competing for the final play-off position. I might even have to deal with a tie-breaker!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ag 4 goblins ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Ag 4 goblins ftw
    Both of mine died :(

Activated Node
    Gorm me and you must engage in the sacred art of blood spilling and I must warn you; I may take not winning for an answer, but only with the heads of ag4 goblins being an acceptable replacement. What would be a good day for you to play?

Really must try to write up my matches before the day rolls on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Ag 4 goblins ftw
    Ain't that the truth. The match up with Gorm finished 1-1, after a rather Nuffle-influenced two halves. In the first half Gorm swiftly reduced my team to five or so players but couldn't pull off a TD, thanks to ridiculous strings of failed dodges, pick ups and blocks. At one point I managed to grab the ball and leg it, only to fail a GFI with a re-roll, it was just that kind of drive, best summed up by how the gobbo who assisted the blitz on my carrier on the last turn ended up catching the ball when it was dropped, making a TD impossible.

The second half kicked off with Gorm getting a blitz, running his Ag4 gobbo under the ball (passing a diving tackle gobbo on the way), catching the kick despite being in a tackle zone, surviving two three dice blocks and then escaping from another diving tackle gobbo before scoring a quick defensive TD. I tried to level the score quickly to give myself a chance of winning but Gorm's defense was too strong, forcing me to stall out to turn 16. I really needed a win here but a 1-1 tie keeps me in the game at least. I was pretty unlucky to concede a TD at the start of the second half, but I was stupidly lucky to prevent a TD in the first so it all balances out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    El Cubo's skinks, groovy's ogres and Gorm's goblins are definitely through at this stage, but three teams are competing for the final play-off position. I might even have to deal with a tie-breaker!
    I think since Helio and I are playing each other only one of us can qualify - if I win I go through, if it's a draw or Helio wins he goes through. Speaking of which, Helio, we must play! I'm still on my hols and I'll be traveling lots over the next week so I won't be able to get the match in any time soon, can you make Sunday 2nd? I'll be back home by then so I should be able to make from the early afternoon onwards.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Any weekday after 7 is fine for me to play Zenohero.

Network Hub
    Screwie - thursday/friday?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    NieA7, hey, time for the final match, I didn't realise the league had moved on. When suits you? Sorry I missed today, I added you on steam.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Hello el cubo! Looks lieke we didn't catch each other on steam over thee last week. You free tonight? 8pm?

Network Hub
    Yeah, I'll be online then.

NieA7 I'm mega sorry but i semi have to bail on our time tonight, I've not seen the wife all day and pissing off for an hour to" play that game i always lose" has come across as unpopular, i'll be about the rest of the week surely, so we'll manage something i'm sure.

No problem Helio, providing it is that game you always lose it's no problem whatsoever. Ping me on steam if you see me about, I'll probably be out Thursday but should be free apart from that.

WORST VICTORY EVER
    The ball was in the touchdown zone, in T16, the goblins only needed to hold it to secure their victory, that had injured and killed 5 rotter players, all with skills, the chainsaw foul knocked out about 4 others, the trolls didnt stupid when it mattered most and delt 2 dice cas against the block rotters with disturbing regularity. 1 touchdown to secure their place in the playoffs.

But... picking up the ball was too much to ask. to when the rotters woke up a few hours after the match and collected their missing parts they noticed that no-one had scored, 1 point on the league table assuring them entry to the playoffs.

My +ag is -ag, my leader is dead, my mvp my only promotion, and a favoured blocker is -ag too (he I might keep)

But, I'm in the playoffs, so that's nice.

Sounds really brutal! I wish I'd had that kind of luck against you.

Just Gorm and Zenohero left to play each other this round!