Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1997
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    Which is why I have 2 ogres with tackle. And 5 snots with diving tackle :-).
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Thanks for the write up it all got a bit blurry for me there.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    That sounds a glorious epic!

Best of luck to both groovy and El Cubo in the final. Take all the time you need.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Nuffle, I dont think I'd have the stamina

Errrrm, El Cubo, we still need to complete our epic fight to the DEATH. How are you set for say, sunday morning?

Pssst! How are you guys doing?

As a semi finalist I get a shot at the final if both the finalist go more missing right?

Hi Screwie, I haven't seen El Cubo online for a long while. Last time I checked (probably about a week ago), he'd been away from steam since the new year. I'd obviously like to play the final, but I haven't seen Cubo around.... I think he took one look at my ogres and fled ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Hi Screwie, I haven't seen El Cubo online for a long while
    Did you not open the package I sent you? I know El Cubo did.

It's been a month now, looks like El Cubo's not going to show I guess. Either declare Groovy the winner by default or play off against Gorm?

I would have reseeded the final to include the 3rd place guy, but El Cubo actually talked to me on Steam last night. He is looking to arrange his game with groovy now.

I haven't heard from el_cubo yet (to be fair, I haven't been on steam a lot), so I'm posting here. I'm free thursday night for our smackdown cubo?

Network Hub
    Sorry, today wouldn't have been okay. But on weekend I should be able to play pretty freely and Friday evening after five o'clock or so.

Network Hub
    The final score was 2-0 for the skinks. I'll post a more detailed story later. Apologies for making you all wait like that!

Soo.... Now the dust has finally be kicked up (and can begin to settle) what is the judgement on the new sides?

Are skinks OP, are rotters too capable of brawling are undead sides going to prove to be a menace in the long term?

Personally, I think rotters and skinks are both carry potential for disruption of this leagues development. AG4 on both teams causes unique problems. But this disruption is not necessarily a bad thing. With rotters/undead people can no longer expect a shortage of tackle and block in the division and rotters are quite capable at the passing game. With skinks mv8 forces more careful positioning, and their capability to rapidly groom player advancement by out pacing the other teams.

The next season will likely be telling, will rotters stall in advancement as deaths take their toll, will skinks plateau at higher TV and suffer from the consequential inducements, will the undead rise in notoriety once their skills develop, a zombie team with some +AG, ball handling skills and lots of blockers can probably move the ball about as well as anyone and the roof for their advancement is that much higher with regeneration.

Yeah, I'm not sure yet, but I'd disagree with any suggestion that undead teams were unreasonable.

Network Hub
    The undead and rotters seemed like the counter teams against skinks. The TV difference between my team and the undead teams was always such that I couldn't induce Slibli so with with only one big guy it was considerably harder to gain the strength advantage by swarming.

Overall the impact of mv8 is considerable. It makes skinks hard to outplay and reduces the effect of attrition. I think they're clearly superior to the other stunties but I'm unsure about by what margin. I guess thinning the skink team is the way to play against them as they probably don't have that deep a bench. Complement the blocks with fouls.

Walking dead are fine, if anything perhaps somewhat under-powered due to their slowness and clumsiness. Skills will get round that somewhat, but it'll take Nurgle-levels of devotion to level them into real competitiveness.

Rotters appear to be fine, more powerful than the dead out of the box but very prone to early retirement. I'd be surprised if a rotter team could get any momentum behind it in the long term, despite Helio's heroic efforts.

Skinks are hugely powerful as a rookie team, the question is how much of an issue TV bloat will be for them. In theory injuring them is a great idea, in practice most teams in this league will struggle to achieve it with any regularity (with rotters and the dead being exceptions as El Cubo points out). I'm inclined to think my initial instincts were wrong and they're too powerful, but I'd be happy to give them another season to see how things develop.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I still think the lizards are too fast, but not uber fast so i think they should stay. Maybe the Undead need a buff? They seem way too boring to play. Rotters i'm not sure about either way.

1 mummy/flesh golem for corpses? keeps them slow?