Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1997
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Dolphan you are the first to get the opportunity to laugh and stunty slalom your way around my shambling horde. I've just had my plans for Wednesday night get canned so any chance of a 19:00 GMT meeting? If not we are looking at the Easter weekend. I could do the afternoon on Friday but no later than 16:00 start. The rest of the weekend is yet to be finalised.
    19:00 GMT tomorrow it is.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I should add, lowkeys first touchdown was scored after crowd surfing his own (heavily surrounded) ball carrier and collecting the thrown in the ball.

THIS DID NOT CAUSE A TURN OVER.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    He crowd surfed his own player? I would guess they didnt think anyone would ever do that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Hah yeah i misclicked (meant to click the rotter next to him) seems like it should have been a turm over

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Hahaha, that sounds like a fantastic play. But yeah, I'm sure that would be a Turnover in the letter of the rules.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Oddly, crowd pushing your own player isn't a turnover... unless they have the ball. Did it get caught by one of LowKey's players as it got thrown in or did he have to move and pick it up?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    It landed onto the pitch, i would of thought it followed rules on if you TTM with ball off the pitch, i feel a bit bad about it tbh

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    It landed onto the pitch, i would of thought it followed rules on if you TTM with ball off the pitch, i feel a bit bad about it tbh
    Do the right thing. Next game at the first opportunity foul an opponent, preferably one with a level up. Maybe you get sent off, maybe you cripple an opponent. But you are morally absolved either way.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Stood up twice in one day. A new BB record. Yay me.

Put a pretty dress on and I'll take you to the Discotheque.

Network Hub
    I'm here now! Very sorry, landlord unexpectedly arrived. In-game if you can still play.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Cogito Ogre Sum (Ogre, sinister agent) Vs Puppets Who Kill (Goblins, TechnoJellyFish)

Hokay, so neither of us has played with ogres or gobbos before. And on the first turn almost all the ogres stand around stupidly, scratching their skulls, and the goblin fanatic mercilessly slaughters the air around the other team. It's almost poetic.

With the gobbos favouring trolls over weapons, it's a bit one-sided once the ogres wake up. Basic smashy gameplay doesn't change much even if your players are idiots, so while Jelly had to get used to managing all those player types plus the odd controls and rule implementations, I only really had to learn to make contingency plans for every move. The result was half a dozen badly hurt goblins to one KO'd snotling, and 1 - 0 to the ogres.

The second drive was slow and gruelling, and at half time Jelly has to burn both bribes on the fanatic, who remains KO'd until the last turn anyway. The second half looked set to go the same way again, until one of six remaining goblins, XOX, pulled off a perfect 1-die block against the ball carrier, then picked up, ran both GFIs, and fled upfield with the ball, only to be cornered against the sideline by three ogres, with a snot just in case. Three.

He got out of there alone. No boneheads. No support. He just charged straight through four enemy players and somehow came out standing and in one piece... then ran two more GFIs for the touchdown.

It was beautiful. I couldn't be angry, even when my last ditch attempt to hurl a snotling at him failed. 1 - 1!

Somehow the surviving trolls and gobbos kept getting back up again and all in my grill, and after foolishly giving the ball to an ogre, I was left one space short of a TD, but fortunately the gobbos just couldn't mark everyone despite a valiant attempt, and a handoff to a snotling allowed me to run a winner in right at the death.

XOX is surely the player of the tournament so far. I almost feel bad for winning after a show like that. Great fun. I suspect the ogres may prove overpowered for this league in the long run, but having an opportunity for people to play the underdog teams should be a good laugh and well worth it. A fun start, here's to many more crazy runs.

2 - 1 to Cogito Ogre Sum. Hurrah for XOX! Hurrah for fearless, reality-warping XOX!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Awesome stuff.

Mrchinchin and I fought to a 1-1 draw yesterday. I was dogged by some dreadful bashing dice:
    • Spent one turn dishing out no less than six 3D blocks on a single snotling, failing to knock him over.
    • Failed to beat AV with a chainsaw attack against a snotling. Twice, on consecutive turns. Do the maths on that.

I took an early lead with my pogo, and -despite the kick landing in the hand of an ogre - managed to prevent an equaliser before half-time.

In the second half, I stole the ball by trapping and surfing the snotling ball carrier, but then after my goblin reclaimed the ball he failed a GFI while trying to get within reach of my unmarked pogo. Mrchinchin swarmed the ball and, despite another valiant goblin blitz, he was able to pick the ball back up and cross the line on Turn 16.

My Turn 16 TTM attempt looked bleak - the ball kicked wide and on the opposite flank to my trolls and it suddenly started snowing! I would have to retrieve the ball, hand it off to a goblin in 2 TZs, Block an ogre out of the way with one troll so I could move the other along the line to pick up the goblin and chuck him. Despite all this, I actually managed to reach the TTM attempt before failing a dice roll. So I can't really complain about that.

Anyway, the day has been moved on!

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Awesome stuff.

Mrchinchin and I fought to a 1-1 draw yesterday. I was dogged by some dreadful bashing dice:
    • Spent one turn dishing out no less than six 3D blocks on a single snotling, failing to knock him over.
    • Failed to beat AV with a chainsaw attack against a snotling. Twice, on consecutive turns. Do the maths on that.

I took an early lead with my pogo, and -despite the kick landing in the hand of an ogre - managed to prevent an equaliser before half-time.

In the second half, I stole the ball by trapping and surfing the snotling ball carrier, but then after my goblin reclaimed the ball he failed a GFI while trying to get within reach of my unmarked pogo. Mrchinchin swarmed the ball and, despite another valiant goblin blitz, he was able to pick the ball back up and cross the line on Turn 16.

My Turn 16 TTM attempt looked bleak - the ball kicked wide and on the opposite flank to my trolls and it suddenly started snowing! I would have to retrieve the ball, hand it off to a goblin in 2 TZs, Block an ogre out of the way with one troll so I could move the other along the line to pick up the goblin and chuck him. Despite all this, I actually managed to reach the TTM attempt before failing a dice roll. So I can't really complain about that.

Anyway, the day has been moved on!
    Was a good match - first time I've played as Ogres, had a lot of fun. Bonehead is going to wind me up long term though..

I'm loving the snotlings, dodging past and through everyone. Looking forward to developing a few of them into Hero Snotlings.

And the final drive you attempted Screwie was really good, just a pity the dice shot you down..
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

I was surprised how effective snotlings can be. They'll probably be pretty heroic in this league, since their strength disadvantage is less severe when up against other stunties.

Bonehead is too funny. I think playing weith six boneheads might be the ultimate test of my patience. You just kind of have to accept that things are going to even more wrong than they usually do in BB, I think.

Dolphan.... We are the only returning teams, I have heads to collect.

So, that happened. The skinks received and artfully wheeled around the rotters, and with only a few broken skinks scored. What followed was majestic. The 2 new tackle Rotters (one of which was blackle) were lined up for triple dice blocks, and skink after skink went down squealing. When the rotters finally delivered the ball for a touchdown on turn 8 only 1 skink remained on the pitch.

Indeed many of the broken skinks were from failed dodges, 7 failed dodges in all. The second half saw the rotters score twice against the dwindling lizards, but the second one was special, on turn 16 I had the opportunity to perform a 6 man foul and hope I could run the ball in if the ref didn't notice or play it safe and just run the ball in, I rejected these answers, instead I chose RAPTURE!
    -No, wait, I chose to use the 6 to assist and performed a 7 man foul and scored in the same action. The skinks received one final time, a riot wound back the clock but despite grabbing the ball, and lining up a catcher-scorer for the second turn 16 the passer got up after being knocked down, grabbed the ball and then failed a gfi trying to get a shorter pass.

Dolphan's Lizards 1 - 3 Heliocentric's Rotters

I got away with 1 BH (well,2BH's on one rotter) and one of my extra arms rolled a regular up. It's between block, sure hands and kick off return.

Dolphan's team took 1 death, a niggle on his sprint+MV skink and a - mv somewhere else, alongside a host of bh's.

Right, who's next?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sinister Agent's Ogres... that'll be fun trying to keep tabs on snotlings with the shambling horde. On the plus side I've got a hell of a lot of good dice due after last round so mayhap they will roll lots of snakes. /straw clutching :)

When do you want to get it on Sinister?

Changed my steam name back to Ethelred (my love affair with Starfleet is over) and added you as a friend mrchinchin25. Free most evenings after 8pm or msg me if I'm on steam and we'll play.

Sinister Agent's Ogres... that'll be fun trying to keep tabs on snotlings with the shambling horde. On the plus side I've got a hell of a lot of good dice due after last round so mayhap they will roll lots of snakes. /straw clutching :)

When do you want to get it on Sinister?
    It'll be interesting alright. A couple of bonehead rolls at the wrong moment may decide the whole thing, blocking wise.

Wednesday night (7pm on) would be good for me, I'm busy Thursday and Friday though. If not, sometime this weekend should be fine, if that isn't too late.