Page 64 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1997
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I wont lie, I wont be upset the miss out on dodge rat. I just worry how much team value I will be giving away.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post

Tunnel Vision
    (UW, me) vs. I LIKE CHICKEN (Ogre, mrchinchin25)
    Cracking writeup NieA7. Was a good match too, I feel Nuffle should have let that little hero-snotter score when he was GFI but then where would the fun be in that!!
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan View Post
    Got back pretty late and shattered yesterday. How about tomorrow night? Friday could also work.
    ? 10char

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Gah, sorry guys, I have been caught up in some family crap lately and keep forgetting about this. I can do Friday, but only in the afternoon (will need to finish by about 7). If that's no good I will totally understand, you've made all the effort here Dolphan.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Bear in mind the deadline isn't until the 24th, and can be extended a few days without worries.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Gah, sorry guys, I have been caught up in some family crap lately and keep forgetting about this. I can do Friday, but only in the afternoon (will need to finish by about 7). If that's no good I will totally understand, you've made all the effort here Dolphan.
    No worries at all. At work today I'm afraid, but could play at the weekend or tuesday/thursday next week.

LowKey and I played our match in the yesterdays:

Ratatgooey (UW, Lowkey) vs GOLO (Gob, me)

Both our teams are very fresh, Lowkey had only a lvl 2 goblin with Big Hand, and my lvl 2 looney was sitting out the match - so I spent my 140k inducements on hiring a temp looney and a bribe.

We were then set upon by RAIN, lots of it, for the entire duration of the match. A bit of a bugger for me, then, and for LowKey too because I swiftly chainsawed up his Big Hand fellow for a BH. The first half was completely scoreless and mostly consisted of shoving around small Dodge players without any skills to counter their dodginess. I swarmed the ball and LowKey could never pry me off it, but I could never pick the bloody thing up either.

Some bash did land, though. LowKey BH my looney loner after he got his licks in a few too many times. One of my trolls KOd his only troll. Several goblins fell over and hurt themselves dodging, of course. By the en dof the first half we both had a couple of injured players, plus LowKey had wound up with 3 KOs.

Then something amazing happened!

LowKey's KOs didn't wake up. Including his troll. I had a real numbers and ST advantage I could make use of.

Also, it was still raining after the kick. Bah.

The second half was a little more dynamic than the first. A pitch invasion floored a lot of my team, leaving LowKey a turn to breathe and form up a defensive screen for his skaven ball carrier. My trolls scattered the little goblins but all I could was mark the carrier up only to see him dodge away the next turn.

LowKey made it within scoring distance on my left flank but the rest of his team were occupied pinning me down. I was able to shove some gobbos about and then throw a perfect TTM to land (on his feet) in front of the carrier. Marked up by two more goblins, he was blitzed down (and then stamped on for good measure).

I managed to retrieve the ball and hand it to my pogo, who hopped upfield and almost out of blitz range with 2 GFIs.

Almost. LowKey's other skaven scooted around a goblin marker and piled into my pogo with a Both Down - KOing them both.

There were two turns left on the clock adn the ball was deep in LowKey's half of the pitch, out of the reach of any of his players but just within 1 GFI of one of mine. To back him up, my troll threw another goblin upfield, just in case the first one failed. But he didn't, managing to pick up the slippery ball.

LowKey had no players standing or within blitz range, so passed his final turn, and my goblin took it across the line.

Full Time Score: 1-0 to GOLO

It was a very difficult match. At half time, it was still anyone's game but that KO result really impacted LowKey's options. It all changed on that roll. LowKey was an excellent sport throughout.

Finally my rookie team has a win :D

No worries at all. At work today I'm afraid, but could play at the weekend or tuesday/thursday next week.
    Boo hiss! Terrible people.

Nice one, cheers. Weekend is good, Saturday is 50/50 but Sunday should be fine, if not then next week is good.

Network Hub
    Hit me up any time today, I should be on Steam all day and would welcome a break from coursework.

Hey dolphan, Saw you about today but only had time for one game, and the DoD was first. Again, sorry - I'll be about on Tuesday if that's still good for you.

Network Hub
    No worries, tomorrow's still good, would probably have to be about 9PM (BST) though?

Works for me, ta.

NieA7 I have to give a DoD match priority this evening at 9PM but I'm willing to play both one after the other.

Assuming the season is rolled on today obviously.

Well even if the day has been rolled on a 10:30 start would be a bit late for me, what with being an old, old man and all. Afraid you'll just have to contain your burning desire to foul little ratty to death.

God fucking damn it, Cyanide. First your shitty con of a software system bugs out, screwing with both our lineups, then we have a bloody fun 8 turns each anyway, and it goes and cuts us off right when my snotties were within about a 40/60 shot of scoring. Arseholes!

Network Hub
    We can replay on Sunday if we can have an extension (and if the game can be reset or whatever if that needs doing)?

Extension is fine by me, no reset required this time as the result didn't take.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    10:30 start would be a bit late for me, what with being an old, old man