Page 65 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1997
    I work in local government - that's distressingly like the conversations I occasionally overhear between councilors and managers, only with a little more sense and a little less overt racism.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Welp, Dolphan and I had our rematch after cyanide's incompetence screwed us. And then we had another rematch after cyanide's incompetence screwed us again. And then I spent 17 turns watching nuffle take the piss, and then rub it in by having my ogres suddenly remember how to cause injuries in the last few turns, by which point I was 3 - 0 down and had nobody left standing, and then of course, come turn 15 I became incapable of causing a turnover, running six or seven dodges in a row with no rerolls, using up every GFI just for the hell of it, and finally, killing a skink, which was buzzed to another death, as the very last action of the game.

A farcical blocking game and both teams repeatedly falling flat on their faces regardless of their dodging skills. But the skinks captialised on their opportunities better, and even outblocked the ogres every other turn. Bitter tears for Cogito Ogre Sum, but at least they'll live to fight another day.

3 - 0 to Skinkulous! I'll get you next time, skinkdget. Next time!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Yay, screwtop, roll that day on. My rots have a date with destiny some day soon, its going to be beautiful.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I'm away until Sunday night, so you'll have to wait unless my glorious admin comrade groovychainsaw can sort it out.

Network Hub
    The sight of 5 skinks teaming up to haul an ogre to the turf brings a tear to my eye. And probably to Sinister Agent's, for somewhat different reasons.

A few rules curiosities that came up - if I make a successful dodge re-roll using the skill, then fail a further dodge as part of the same move, should I be allowed to use a team re-roll? It was letting me in these games but I swear I've never seen that before.

The other was on throw team mate - if you hit your own player, who is already prone, and stun them (SA - when I was saying the snotling was KOed yesterday I meant stunned, brain fail), should it be a turnover?

Yes, you can team reroll(or leader) 1 dodge, use dodge on a second and pro on a third.

Some things are not turn overs that should be, for example if you crowd push your own ball carrier off the pitch it is not a turn over.

if a player is already prone them getting hit by a thrown player shouldn't be a turn over, but I might be wrong.

I think throw team mate only results in a turnover if someone on your team carrying the ball falls over.

Apologies for the delay, I've validated the outstanding match and rolled the day on now.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    I think-
    Shush now, less thinking, when can you Bowl your Blood? My Rotter have been anticipating this game for a while, a few even had extra limbs grow on them they were so exited... Yeah, the less said about that the better.

Mayhap all our extra limbs can entwine under Nuffle's gentle auspices, conflict put aside in the enfolding wave of love.

Let's find out! Other half has her match tomorrow and Wednesday's not great, how's Thursday at 20:00 sound?

Call it 9PM and I'll be the one in the fedora with a putrid yellow rose in my button hole.

Mr Chinchin! We're up next and it's ogre vs ogre, which should mea... oh hey look at that tree. Heh. Trees are nice. I like trees.

Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Mr Chinchin! We're up next and it's ogre vs ogre, which should mea... oh hey look at that tree. Heh. Trees are nice. I like trees.
    OOH a tree!

How does this weekend sound? Anytime Sat/Sun/Mon?

(*anytime basically means after I've managed to have a brew and put on my gaming pants)
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

I can do Sunday afternoon anytime after 5. Saturday might be an option, but I probably won't know until the day.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchinchin25 View Post
    (*anytime basically means after I've managed to have a brew and put on my gaming pants)
    True gamers have no need for pants.

Network Hub
    Technojellyfish - I could play tomorrow evening or anytime Saturday, but I'm off to Europe on Sunday so if you're not around before then I'll have to default.

I'll definitely have to default my match against Mrchinchin in the next round as I won't be back till the 18th.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan View Post
    Technojellyfish - I could play tomorrow evening or anytime Saturday, but I'm off to Europe on Sunday so if you're not around before then I'll have to default.
    Friday evening should be fine. How about 6 p. m. GMT? I can do a bit earlier or later if you have something else in mind.

Ethelred, I should be around most of the day on Sunday or Monday if you want to play anytime then.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Ethelred, I should be around most of the day on Sunday or Monday if you want to play anytime then.
    Break them for me Screwie, do not disappoint me again!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Friday evening should be fine. How about 6 p. m. GMT? I can do a bit earlier or later if you have something else in mind.
    That's 7pm BST (8pm German time) right? Sounds good.