Page 69 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1997
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Flings have some of the best throwing going, no loner, no stupid, but sure roots. But if you do not plan for moving it doesn't have an impact.

You had a great roll on +mv but strongly consider guard next. If the break tackle tree dies don't hurry to get breaktackle again, it's a bit meh with such a low movement and roots. Catch Flings should be considered for the many hand offs you'll need to make with mv5, but be sure to get chef whenever you can, except vs ag4 sides (such as the rotters effectively) because an opponent who can't reliably pick up the ball will struggle to score and even punching gets dicey.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I've not played Halflings enough to make a really informed comment, but halflings can end up a very scrappy team with a strong running drive - its very difficult to remove treemen from a cage and if they have Guard then all the halflings around them are tougher too.

I would say that TTM can be used quite well on defence, giving your halflings a much greater effective range (when it works). It is a risk in itself, but sometimes it's worth a shot.
    Treemen with their default MA are utterly useless for cages. Not to mention the roots, for which I rarely bother to spend a rr. I prefer getting Multiple Block and/or Grab for their first normal-roll skills. If I need more strength for a block or for their defence, I throw in a fling or two, they dodge really well and best of all they're expendable. Actually they're so expendable for me that I actually fire them when they do a normal-roll level up. No point in bloating my team when I can get so many inducements and flings are dirt-cheap. If they get a double roll or a stat [never had that, though], they get to stay.

In short, 1ttd, dodge, murder people with your trees and just be a dick with your opponent, that's the key of playing halflings.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    G.O.L.O. (Goblins, Screwie) Vs Cogito Ogre Sum (Ogres, sinister agent)

Screwie and I have had our game, and it was absurd. My ogres opened by KO'ing the chainsaw and it just got crueller from there. For most of the game I was able to ride my luck while screwie's smart moves down my flank failed due to ridiculous failures, mostly from his revived chainsaw, who failed three fouls and eventually got himself killed while trying to take down a snotling.

The ogres were mostly in good luck, with only a failed break tackle dodge causing any real problems, and everything else being solid bashing, sneaky snotty dodging, a mangled snotling or two (as is a snotling's wont) in exchange for a wounded pogoer, and a very close attempt at a second touch down that failed due to a bad landing. Oh, and another snotling was injured when an ogre picked him up, then dropped him.

1 - 0 to Cogito Ogre Sum! Hurrah for snotlings! Bah to shoddy chainsaw manufacture!
    Last edited by sinister agent; 13-05-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I only really failed 1 foul.. the others simply didn't get worse than a Stun. Mostly it was the terrible block dice difference that undid me - it wasn't until late in the first half that I was able to hurt any snotlings, while you rolled a pow on almost every block against a goblin.

So Gottasaw is dead - he was bloaty anyway having taken 2 MVPs. I don't like my looneys to be higher than level 1. May his brother, Gottabettasaw, live a while longer!

Good news - I rolled a +ST on a Jump Up goblin - not that I'll take it, but the double roll will be handy. Wrestle is the awesome obvious choice, but Piling On might be worth a laugh or two...

Bad news - Nuffle's influence has almost certainly taken me out of the running this season at this point. :/

It's true, I rolled an absurd number of knockdowns. Hardly any stumbles or even both downs. Your fouls seemed failed to me mainly because they'd have been huge game changers if they'd done serious damage, but you're quite right. It was a fun game, I think we both deserved another TD out of it.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    So, LowKey! It's my miscoached Gobbos vs. your competently managed bunch up next.

I'm available most evenings starting this Thursday; when would it suit you?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Unfortunately I am not avaliable until Saturday evening at the earliest, after that any weekday evening would be fine!

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    How about Monday/Tuesday evening, then? Around 7/8 p. m. your time?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Monday at 8 its a date mate...fate

Tunnel Vision (UW, me) vs. Magnificent Makeweights (Dead, Zoraster)

Playing the strength 3 sides is always problematic. Fortunately the Makeweights aren't particularly skilled yet, but unfortunately they're still more than enough to reduce gobbos to fine paste on a good day. Vision won the toss and chose to receive, partly to get some damage in first, partly to stall out time if possible, partly because it'd give them the last turn of the match for a TTM attempt if needs be. A riot got things underway in fine style but didn't change too much on the field: with the twin aims of stalling and maiming in mind Vision secured the ball, screened off the undead and went about troll blitzing (when he didn't go stupid) and fouling (which KO'd one skeleton but achieved little else).

The Makeweights were content to cut off any sneaky routes through while tightening the noose on the carrier, whose increasingly desperate switches from one side to the other never gathered any forward momentum - even with two players off the field (after the troll finally managed to injure something) the dead were never overstretched. When a gobbo failed a one dice block to secure the cage the shambling hoard grasped the opportunity and piled in, getting a mummy next to the carrier and marking up most the rest of the gobbos. Things looked grim for Vision when a dodge to provide support for the escape blitz failed, letting the Makeweights down the carrier and get two tackle zones on the ball.

A slightly desperate recovery actually worked as one of the extra armed gobbos snuck the ball out, but another failed dodge left things precarious. One careless gobbo was immediately surfed and the carrier downed again, though luckily for Vision it was a both down causing a turnover. With time running out Nuffle smiled on the mutants as a series of blocks opened an escape route, allowing the dodge rat to grab the ball and leg it. The Makeweights turn came to a swift end on a failed two dice block leaving it an easy run in on the last turn of the half, 1-0 to Tunnel Vision.

A short kick followed by successful pickup behind a massively thick screen of corpses made for a good start to the second half for the dead, while a rapid fire series of turnovers rendered it impossible for the gobbos. First the troll downed himself on a blitz, leaving most the rest of the team up close and personal with the dead (in the following turns brutality one gobbo was KO'd and another killed). Then a series of dodges failed horribly (and injuriously) without the carrier every being put under pressure, giving the Makeweights an easy stroll towards the endzone. By turn 13 there were only 6 living players left on the field. Casting a weary eye at the murderous mummies and spiteful skeletons the remaining Tunnelers decided discretion was the better part of valor. The dead cast a similarly weary eye at the clock: with three turns left it was very unlikely they could score twice, but there were enough Vision subs and KOs that a retaliatory touchdown was a distinct possibility. Thus it was that the last three turns consisted of an undead camping holiday just in front of the endzone, while all the remaining Tunnelers merrily kicked a downed skeleton. The Makeweights walked it in on turn 16 making it 1-1, which, after the inevitable failure of the throw team mate attempt, was the score at full time.

With my touchdown being scrappy at best while Zoraster's was a textbook example of bashy play a draw was probably rather flattering, but I'll take it. Neither of us were keen on stalling, but under the circumstances nothing else really made sense. Both the troll and dodge rat got a level up out the match and the dead gobbo was a rookie, so all in all I'll have to count it as pretty successful. I certainly hope someone else knocks the Makeweights out before they've got a chance to get a few more skills on board though.

That draw changes the dynamic of the score board with dolphan capable of pulling ahead, what did your players roll? I assume you'll make the dodger block, that'll make fouling him that bit more alluring.

Guard troll? If double take block?

Indeed. I'm starting to get illusions about a top four finish again. Unfortunately for me, most of my remaining games are against players who I'm pretty sure will wipe the floor with me even without my ogres getting distracted by a nearby blade of grass.

I am glad that so many teams are still in with a shot, though. It makes things much more interesting.

Still fairly happy with my chances to get through, but a win would be nice I must admit. Haven't made the rolls yet, game's not validated (*ahem*). Troll will be getting block or claws (ST6 is too bloaty, and the need for guard is somewhat reduced thanks to the ST3 rats), on a normal dodge rat will certainly be getting block. I'd take Ag, but I'm not sure about a double, MA or ST. ST is kinda neither here nor there in a stunty league, while MA8 is hugely appealing but doesn't really let him do anything new. A double would be tricky: mighty blow would be great but without block or tackle he won't be knocking much down. Sidestep or catch would be nice, and juggernaut and grab have fringe appeal, but none of them feel better than block or tackle. I'm thinking I'd let it pass, but I'm also hoping I don't get the choice.

*edit* I'm surprised to find myself saying this, but goddamnit the bloody rat rolled a double 6.
    Last edited by NieA7; 17-05-2013 at 12:04 AM.

St4 does makes him a tricksy rat to bash. Consider it.

Network Hub
    Well, I'm back and day 5 still seems to be going, so mrchinchin - if you can play this weekend I'm around. Otherwise I'll still default as I've been gone for a fortnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan View Post
    Well, I'm back and day 5 still seems to be going, so mrchinchin - if you can play this weekend I'm around. Otherwise I'll still default as I've been gone for a fortnight.
    A personal appeal to Mr chinchilla (thank you auto correct) please make an effort to play with Dolphan as should he win he would be the League leader and it would be wrong for NeiA7's* disgusting filth ridden pus filled filled vermin to lead the league on the basis of a default.

*I will claim his rats as rotters and then get them murdered on the LoS if it's the last thing I do.

It's almost as if someone's sore they played an entire match against just one rat and managed nothing more than a miserable little knockout.

I cut you.

But not the rat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan View Post
    Damn I've only just seen this... can you play this week in the evenings? I've promised a DoD bb match sometime this week too so I'll have to juggle them both
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs