Page 85 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1997
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    It's an interesting prospect. I am a little worried about the ghouls being ST3 and Dodgy in a league with very little Tackle, though.

But as you say, the speed of the rest of their team would probably really hamper them or expose them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Linerats with no racism trait, dodge and surrounded by high strength and high AV regeneration linemen.

Where do I sign up?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Linerats with no racism trait, dodge and surrounded by high strength and high AV regeneration linemen.

Where do I sign up?
    Well, high av for a stunty league, anyways.

Survey time!

I tried to include everything mentioned in this thread. Let me know if it doesn't work or if I missed anything.
    Last edited by Screwie; 19-08-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Might be awkward, but could you add an "unsure/no firm opinion" option?

Nope! Form an opinion, dammit! :P

(If you have no strong feelings then vote for the status quo)

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Nope! Form an opinion, dammit! :P

(If you have no strong feelings then vote for the status quo)

Lost it, tea everywhere!
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

I think the survey is slightly different that what Zoraster suggested. The suggestion was "A universal rule saying each player can only have two of ST3+, dodge and block/wrestle", but the survey says "A team may have no more than 2 players with all of the following: - ST3 or higher - Block or Wrestle - Dodge".

It gets a bit complicated with banning doubles for UW - with Zoraster's suggestion I'd say the rats should be exempt from that (mainly because they'd need a double for dodge and would almost certainly take block as the first skill anyway, so the doubles would be more marginal skills like MB), but with the survey I'm not sure if "no doubles" or "two with blodge/ST3" would take precedence.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    I think the survey is slightly different that what Zoraster suggested. The suggestion was "A universal rule saying each player can only have two of ST3+, dodge and block/wrestle", but the survey says "A team may have no more than 2 players with all of the following: - ST3 or higher - Block or Wrestle - Dodge".
    Hmm, can you explain how those are different? I'm not seeing it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You're reading player to mean coach rather than member of team. That is rather a big difference :)

"No ST3 player may get both Dodge and Block/Wrestle, nor may a ST2 Blodger/Wrodgler take +ST"?

I'd understood Zoraster to mean no single player on a roster could have more than two of:
    • St3+
    • Block/Wrestle
    • Dodge

(which is what you're saying above Screwie). So my St4 blodge rat would be illegal.

I'd understood Screwie in the survey to mean that each team could have only a maximum of two players on the roster with St3+/block or wrestle/dodge, so my St4 blodge rat would be legal and would remain so even if my other rat rolled a double and chose dodge. However, if after that the troll was lucky enough to roll two doubles and I chose block on the first I'd not be able to chose dodge on the second.

If my understanding of what Zoraster is proposing is what's on the table I agree with it but think the "no doubles" for UW should be limited to the gobbos only. If my understanding of what Screwie's saying is what's on the table I agree with it but only if no doubles for UW covers both the rats and the gobbos (which'd stop both the rats and the gobbos being ST3/blodge anyway). I prefer Zorasters rule as banning all doubles on the UW rats to stop them turning into blodging maniacs feels a bit OTT.

I might just be getting horribly confused though.
    Last edited by NieA7; 18-08-2013 at 04:22 PM.

I will see if I can edit the survey tonight.

Okay, I've edited the form, but I'm not sure fi you can change your responses. Please let me know either way, and if needed I'll restart the survey.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Completed the survey - I'm interested in seeing other opinions. As I'm coming back in with my mighty ogres, most of these issues don't bother me too much (as my play is basically OGRE SMASH). High movement and dodge is the biggest issue so I think I'm mostly voting against rats completely (apologies to underworld types - maybe they should be allowed one rather than 2?!). I still think one vamp + thralls might be fun to see, possibly overpowered, but I'd like to see it. Hobs + linerats aren't very exciting to me and a little bit more of the lineman league rather than stunty. I want more craziness in the stunty league, not more vanilla. Taking out doubles + level-ups removes some of the fun of a developing team, I like the extreme players, gives you someone to go after and this should be a violent league, it should have a higher attrition rate than most!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Yessss, the ogre ranks swell. Let the tiny gobling feast begin!

Oh sweet Nuffle not those damn ogres again. Go play in the Open bullies!

I voted for no doubles on the UW, but strictly speaking I think it only has to be no doubles on the gobbos. Mutations on stunties is pretty good already, mutations and doubles is why UW are tier 2 rather than tier 3 like all the other stunty sides.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    I voted for no doubles on the UW, but strictly speaking I think it only has to be no doubles on the gobbos. Mutations on stunties is pretty good already, mutations and doubles is why UW are tier 2 rather than tier 3 like all the other stunty sides.
    To carry the same logic over to rotters would you consider then tier 2?

To carry the same logic over to rotters would you consider then tier 2?
    Stunty + mutations + doubles. Strip ball's not so bad if you have to dodge like a mortal, but if you can just waltz into a cage on 2+ with a re-roll it's a different story.