Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1997
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Now that I've had some sleep and am able to think straight, I'm with groovy on the ogres. Ogres likely to do any dodging will be better off going for break tackle instead (most of mine already do), giving them 2+ even into a tackle zone. Dodge is just a waste of a double, especially as it'll take most teams half a team just to get a 2 dice block on one. Two of mine have guard specifically for countering enemy Big Guys - why would I bother with dodge when they'll hardly ever be outmuscled, and are pretty injury-proof anyway?

The skill restriction thing (no player may have more than 2 etc) doesn't really matter to us, then.

I'm not in favour of banning doubles for other teams. It's boring, and defeats half the fun and uncertainty of levelling. Granted, it'd work in my favour, but it just seems a bit joyless.

I think underworld are slightly overpowered, but not enormously. I'm not sure that the rats are the reason why - it's the mutations that give them access to ball handling skills that are the problem - but removing mutations would make the team pointless, so removing the rats might actually work, as it's not a huge change but would make some difference.

'course, it's not really fair on the existing UW teams, who will now have to drop some of their developed players.

I'm also starting to think that maybe we should give it another season before changing things, or we risk falling into the old political spiral of "x isn't working! Piss around with it constantly so nobody can ever tell why it's not working!".
    Last edited by sinister agent; 09-09-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Avoiding a knee jerk reaction is a noble cause.

No changes whatsoever? What about bringing in the vampire test team?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Vamps are in regardless.

I'll be playing a new team again this season (somewhat unsurprisingly), my choice is fluttering between Vamps and Ogres at this point.

I think UW are a little overpowered, but then I also think skinks and ST3 teams are somewhat overpowered too: I'd like to reign them in a touch if possible, as I imagine another season would just entrench their advantage as the players level up more.

The thing with no doubles = no fun is that personally I think two rats are much more fun than doubles on gobbos. Two different players who open up new tactics and can be developed for specific roles is way more interesting than a 1/6 chance to develop a freak who can sap the colour out of other teams (see the strip ball play against Zoraster in the final). No doubles forces you to be creative with your skill choices, build a team that runs like clockwork together. Doubles give you game-breaking stars or amusing oddities depending on your choice: different strokes for different folks, but I find the former is more enjoyable. All the other teams can take doubles, but given the aim is to pull UW back a little the limitation should bite.

Of course I'm happy to go with the majority view, I don't mean to give the impression I'm digging my heels in or something. I just think that the problem with UW specifically is the combination of mutations and stunty - better to try and limit the options around that than cut off another part of the roster.

Ogres can't run like clockwork, unless it's very rusty clockwork with a few missing teeth and a tendency for whole cogs to fall off.

I also thought skinks were overpowered, but it might just be a question of experience (both team and coach), and since we've only had one team in there... my final vote is for an unchanged season, just to test for consistency. Not keen on thralls, but don't strongly object to them either.

All teams work like clockwork when you're looking at the roster, it's the bloody and unedifying spectacle of that contraption exploding into a million pieces on the field that makes BB so much fun (though mostly in the Dwarf Fortress sense of "fun").

Oh, in the interests of transparency I've got three rolls pending on Tunnel Vision - a normal on the blackle rat, a double on a rookie gobbo and an 11 on a Two Heads gobbo. Were UW to be limited to one rat I'd fire the ST4 blodge one, as if he somehow didn't violate the other skill rule thing (whatever it is) he probably ought to.

Might I pen my interest now at this early stage? I was rather keen on the hobgoblin/mino team, but as that has been deemed unworthy I think i'll go for ogres..

Can't decide what team, but Ogres have that fresh smell.

Ogre season!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    You do all realise it's nigh-on impossible to score as ogres? On the other hand, the best counter to some strip ball underworld monster is to give the ball to an ogre and put him in a diving tackle snotling cage ;-).
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

My favourite counter to a strip ball goblin is a 5 assist foul.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Well, obviously that's the ideal! A good player will prevent that until that first hit on your ball-carrier. At least 2/3 dice against gives you a better chance....
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Scoring? Whaaaaa? My plan was to ruin all your pretty little positionals that are oh so fragile. Although, if everybody is playing ogres, this could get interesting..

If everyone plays ogres, one person will pick skinks and destroy us all.

And I was starting to think that horns on the troll would be a waste >.>

Now accepting applications for Season 5!

The OP has also been updated.

Yaaaaaaaay!

I have added my details, but I'm not sure what status to put. Returning team, for what it's worth. My boys are going to squish many squishies this season, I can feel it in ... oh haha, look at the pretty birdies! HELLO BIRDIES!

Eh... I cant decide, do Papa's favourite Chemists hang up their gloves. They are at a point in development they will never pass without doubles and stats, and the rules are narrowing on that. A level 6 Orgre with a few doubles is a legend, a rotter with any skillset is a mess on the carpet waiting to happen. Now with any hope of blodge banned (is dwrestle banned?) they are kinda doomed to stall.

I'm back in. The 'flings are primed.

Just read about the hold on the rules.... I hope I don't roll any doubles because then I'll want dodge. I need to look at alternate options as I'd hate to retire player if that kicked in.