Page 97 of 100 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 1997
    Due to ongoing internet shenanigans I'm not really able to do much for a few days at least. I should be available by the end of the week though.

Well... my 2nd level up for my gobbos is a wee Goblin who's only gone and rolled a Double 6....

Now, given the current league environment (urgh, Ogres), I'm not sure whether a ST3 gobbo is actually the best choice... what does the jury think? (given that it's SWG next, he's going to try and snotling foul him to bits whatever...)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Be grateful of the double and take block, he'll be a star until his unfortunate death.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    NieA7, lets get this over with?
    You can't fool me, I know you'll love another chance to add a fouled-to-death-rat to your rotters. Wednesday or Thursday (pretty much any time, with notice) would be good for me, after that in-laws will be here so I'm not sure what time I'll have.

Quote Originally Posted by Shards View Post
    Well... my 2nd level up for my gobbos is a wee Goblin who's only gone and rolled a Double 6....
    If you don't care about managing your TV at all then you could consider the strength - it takes a stunty hit to two against and a big guy hit to only 2 for: handy for a carrier. I'd probably lean towards the double, but there's loads you could pick from.

If you want to benefit the gobbo you could get block (ball carrier, sidestep, catch and sure feet in some order after) or wrestle (safety). Tackle is really useful both for hitting and marking, and with sidestep and diving tackle on normals it's really easy to build him into an utter bastard. Guard is surprisingly handy too, lets you throw lots of unexpected two dice blocks with stunties in a ruck, plus he makes a great friend for your trolls.

For the team you can either look to leader for a cheap re-roll (I took that, certainly useful but kinda dull to be honest), kick to scupper one turn touchdowns, kick off return to help your own or dirty player for the other kind of kicking. Course, chances are he'll die a comical death pretty shortly (especially if he takes dirty player), so if I were you I'd just go with whatever sounds most amusing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Wrestle is very good option, potentially better than Block since you have access to Jump Up as your next skill.

So tempted by Dirty Player... but I'll probably take Wrestle

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Poor Laneford's freshly minted goblins met the might mighty sunny day snotling creche last night. 990,000 gold pieces for players and bribes were not enough to save his team from:

A team of 3 snotlings with block bullying his goblins
    3 ogres with block generally being annoying
    5 ogres with break tackle being especially annoying
    AG3 ogre proving difficult to get a hit on
    Me targeting all the fun special weapons and star players IMMEDIATELY so their use was limited

2-0 to the mighty Creche, and top of the league now...looking forward to Laneford's team coming back with more skills for the inevitable rematch.

Booooo you leave the weapons on the pitch and let his own bad dice take them out, it's more fun for everyone that way! :(

I finish the season against Groovy... any chance someone could break his team before then?

Right. I'm finally operational. Shards, you free any time soon?

Just the following games to play!

Shards vs SWG
    Helio vs NieA7

oops! Sorry.

Scared rotters are scared.

Busy tonight and tomorrow, but Friday evening and any time over the weekend should be good.

I'll see you friday evening then... 9.30pm okay?

Great, see you then.

*edit* Just had a power cut so I'll lurk on the laptop for a bit, if you want to get our game in tonight Helio ding me on steam.
    Last edited by NieA7; 31-01-2014 at 10:08 PM.

Missed that. Ill keep an eye open for you.

Mr SWG, we should play a game sometime...

We should. I've been trying to find you on steam, but to no avail. My weekend's fairly packed, could you manage Saturday evening?

Hi, sorry to take so long to reply. Might be able to do late on Saturday (GMT), but I'm driving back from friends during the day so don't know exactly when I'll be back :/