Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar

Speculation - IndieRoyale DIFFICULT bundle

So, what do YOU think will be in the bundle to be revealed in the next five hours?

There's four games under the hood. Taking the "Difficult"-attribute, I can only imagine VVVVVV and Super Meat Boy being included. But what would the other two be?

Speculate away to pass the time until we know for certain!
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Dungeons of Dredmor, maybe. Also Frozen Synapse.

Activated Node
    The games will almost certainly be on Desura, which narrows things down a bit.

Ahh, I hadn't thought of the possibility of 'difficult' also applying to the games, I had merely been looking on it as a reference to the idea of a 'difficult' second album. Which it obviously is, but the dual meaning also seems a distinct possibility.

I'm hoping like the first bundle they manage four games I don't own already, even better if they hit the two on my wishlist again.

Don't forget that Sanctum in the first bundle was Steam only, so Desura doesn't appear to be a strict requirement.
    My Blog|Steam|GW2 Main: Chakan Khimar

Activated Node
    Sanctum IS on Desura. I can't remember if they gave a code for it on Desura though.

Network Hub
    Registry miners on neogaf found that Time Gentlemen Please/Ben There Dan That are going to be one of the titles (I say one in that Ben There is freeware anyways). Given it is not hard, big, or an alpha, I'm going to wager JamesG is right in that the "difficult" thing is more like a band's sophomore album. It might not be in THIS bundle (all the registry data mentions is Indie Royale) but it'll be in one of the upcoming ones at least.

Given they likely want to distance themselves from the Humble Bundle I doubt we'll be seeing a repeat of a Humble title so soon.

Well, in two hours, we'll know. Hmm, Braid would be another candidate for a Difficult bundle, because I'll hold on to my theory - the other bundles are too descriptive. Limbo, too. Hmmm.

Well, I'll buy it anyway as I find the system fascinating, but I expect I'll have a lot of keys to give away very soon.
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Leach View Post
    Sanctum IS on Desura. I can't remember if they gave a code for it on Desura though.
    they did not

Wasn't the Desura version of Sanctum just a Steam-key anyway?

I may be wrong.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpekata View Post
    (I say one in that Ben There is freeware anyways).
    FYI it's not any more. There's a new 'Special Edition' out that you have to buy instead (free upgrade for Steam owners).

SpaceChem?

Interesting - guess your definition of "Difficult" was better than mine. :)

It's a shame, I'd have bought another two copies of SpaceChem just because it's so much fun.

Now if only people could actually buy it rather then the site constantly timeout.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Big meh for those games.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    It's a shame, I'd have bought another two copies of SpaceChem just because it's so much fun.
    I battled with it for about an hour and decided I wasn't smart enough. Bought a copy of that HIB for a friend so we could play Frozen Synapse and told him he'd probably be smart enough for SpaceChem.

I got this bundle - Fate of the World seemed really interesting, but I couldn't convince myself to buy it previously, Scoregasm looks like a really interesting twin-stick shooter (there's actual level design!), but I'm not sure about the other 2.
    Are Ben There etc annoying in that traditional adventure game way where you have to try every different nonsensical combination of items to make any progress? If so, I don't know how much time I'll have for it, but it's highly-praised and apparently genuinely funny, so I'm going to give it a bash and see for myself.
    NightSky looks interesting, but will depend on how brain-hurting it is.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Spacechem requires a certain...mindset to be played not everyone has.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Spacechem requires a certain...mindset to be played not everyone has.
    Oh a brain altering cancer that makes you really smart like in the movie Phenomenon.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Oh a brain altering cancer that makes you really smart like in the movie Phenomenon.
    I was going for "automaton" brain, which is useful in programming, but yours may work too.

PS: I'm quite sure you can autosolve Spacechem puzzles using genetic algorithms and neuronal networks, but I don't have enough time to code that. I may after finishing @aiclass :p
    Last edited by pakoito; 11-11-2011 at 02:12 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    Are Ben There etc annoying in that traditional adventure game way where you have to try every different nonsensical combination of items to make any progress?
    Not so much, but if you do do that there's at least a different joke for every combination.