Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Activated Node

How about another Plain Sight Night?

I do feel that Plain Sight is a rather neglected, yet beautiful game. And i've managed to miss the time RPS gathered people to play it. So i suggest: why not do that again? I sure feel like the game deserves it, and i sure want to play with some actual people for once, rather than bots. Who's with me on that?

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Yeah, that would be cool. If one of the hivemind is reading this, is there anything we forumites and commenters can do to increase the frequency of Game Club events? Perhaps if you were notified of them in advance, some official RPS blessing could be given?

I've bought but not yet played Plain Sight. So depending when it was I'd probably get in on this and get my face kicked in.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I'd probably turn up for a bit of this. Make it so.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

I'd join in! I love Plain Sight Nights, if only because it's such a slim game that I can redownload it within minutes of hearing about everyone playing. Also, the game is a good time.

I have never played it yet. Would I be better getting practice or just going in cold and rofling at my own ineptitude?
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    As another newbie (played 5 minutes) I suggest the latter.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I have never played it yet. Would I be better getting practice or just going in cold and rofling at my own ineptitude?
    Definitely the latter. I bought Plain Sight when the previous Plain Sight Night was announced and went in blind. It's simple enough to pick up quickly, but it still takes some time to become good at it.

Agree on a date and a time, and the RPS steam group will have a magical event notification for you.

Does Plain Sight require dedicated servers?
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    My prefered method of combat is going in cold naked and blind.
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imirk View Post
    I prefer it when you go into combat like that, too.

I would be up for this. I've not had a chance to play Plane Sight on multi yet.

Quote Originally Posted by imirk View Post
    AND IN THE GAME!

[/obligatory]

I'm also up for this, and also inept (and in the game).

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    I read this topic and thought you guys also loved that show on USA network about federal marshals doing witness protection.

Activated Node
    So... okay. I see quite a bit of popular support here, so perhaps we can get this off the ground. I wrote to the hivemind suggesting we should do another Plain Sight Night, but recieved no reply so far.

I don't know how demanding the game is bandwidth wise. Could someone with a good connection set up a server?
    You can "create" a game in Plain Sight so I guess you don't need a dedicated server.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    Agree on a date and a time, and the RPS steam group will have a magical event notification for you.

Does Plain Sight require dedicated servers?
    I'm fairly certain it does not require them. I've played Plain Sight at LAN parties where I'm fairly certain it was hosted locally. On the other hand, the RPS Plain Sight nights were hosted by (I think) Multiplay, so dedicated servers are possible.

Sidenote: Playing Plain Sight on servers located on the wrong side of the Atlantic isn't worth bothering with. It's fine for FPSs, for the most part, but Plain Sight doesn't seem to handle it well.

Right. Well.

I've played a bit of this now (about ten minutes) and am thoroughly in favour of an RPS evening being organised.

I suspect I'm shit, but who cares? It was a hoot.

Activated Node
    Okay, i'll bump this thread again and hope someone of the RPS hivemind will see it. Because i really do want another Plain Sight Night.

Presumably if we're wanting it to be a front-page-organised thing (I've no idea how these things are normally done) it'd be easier dropping them an e-mail.