Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Most hours played so far is probably The Witcher 2 or TF2 although Skyrim will almost certainly overtake both before the year is at an end.

As GoTY I'd say probably Portal 2 although The Witcher 2 is close in terms of overall enjoyment, Skyrim has been lots of fun so far and Trine 2 looks like it might be a perfect nugget of loveliness based on playing the first two levels. For me 2011 has been an excellent gaming year and I really can't choose one.

Honestly? I think Atom Zombie Smasher might be my GOTY.

Most played is probably Battlefield 3 [already] or Starcraft II.

Network Hub
    Easily Witcher 2 for me, and it might end up being my most played game as well because I suspect I'll get bored with Skyrim long before I reach the total time of all my Witcher playthroughs. I love almost everything about it, the environments are gorgeous, there are so many great moments, great characters and great dialogue. The game feels inspired, you can tell that CDP aren't a bunch of guys who have been making RPGs for a decade and a half just going through the motions.

Deus Ex was good but looking back on it I think it was slightly overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrieee View Post
    Easily Witcher 2 for me, .... I love almost everything about it, the environments are gorgeous, there are so many great moments, great characters and great dialogue. The game feels inspired, you can tell that CDP aren't a bunch of guys who have been making RPGs for a decade and a half just going through the motions.
    I'm in complete agreement.

Skyrim is probably game of the year for me. I'm finding it more enjoyable than The Witcher 2 which I at first thought would take the crown, but left me disappointed by the end.

Most played is however World of Tanks. I can for some reason not stop playing it.
    BobHound - EVE Online

Banned
    Most played is probably BF3 Multi-player (88 hours 22 minutes played at the time of writing...). GoTY? Well I haven't looked at Skyrim yet, but I'm thinking DX:HR or Portal 2 are the stand outs with TW2 a little behind in the running (the boss battles were far worse than those in DX:HR imho).

Most played is Dragon Age: Origins. Revisited it for a second playthrough, since I now have the DLC and Awakenings and wanted to see if I could become the regent instead of, you know, a dead mage. Add those in and you're approaching 150 hours of play between them all.

Best game is between Portal 2 and Skyrim. If Skyrim keeps on going like it is...then damn, it's one of the best three or four games I've ever played. It'd be difficult to overtake DA:O in sheer time played, but I've had Skyrim for 3 days, was gone for one of them, and have already put in 15 hours, so...we shall see.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Am I the only one who doesn't think Portal 2 is a worthy candidate for GotY?

I mean it was good, but it had more wasted potential than anything else I've played this year. It never quite reached the brilliance of Portal, and the single-player was less challenging and more bloody awkward during the harder parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingstalker View Post
    Honestly? I think Atom Zombie Smasher might be my GOTY.
    You, sir, are awesome. What a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post

I mean it was good, but it had more wasted potential than anything else I've played this year. It never quite reached the brilliance of Portal, and the single-player was less challenging and more bloody awkward during the harder parts.
    The reason I picked Portal 2 as my GOTY is mainly because of the co-op campaign. I think if I had only played the single player portion, then I'd probably pick Human Revolution as my game of the year.

The single player is good, but with the brilliance of the co-op, Portal 2 becomes an amazing experience.

Well, most played game still defaults to TF2 for me, so the distinction between that & GotY is pretty easy to make.

GotY would probably be DX:HR, though I'm willing to admit that I'm just so pleased with a good DX game that I'm overlooking better candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post

Nope, I fully agree. As per an earlier thread on Portal 2, I actually think the choice to continue Portal's story (as opposed to just having another game with similar themes & mechanics) is the biggest mistake they made. The rest following from that is a lot of trying too hard, turning everything up to 11 to justify the sequel. The co-op campaign was quite good though.

I think my most played is probably Deus Ex: HR. Which would probably my GOTY. But my memory is a little bit filmsy.

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleLikeFrank View Post
    GotY would probably be DX:HR, though I'm willing to admit that I'm just so pleased with a good DX game that I'm overlooking better candidates.
    This!
    There might be a better goty but it's a decent deus ex game. That alone clouds my judgement.

Network Hub
    Most played game of the year for me would easily be sc2... and somehow I'm still rubbish at it.

GotY - This one is easy and I'm surprised noone else has mentioned it yet. Bastion! Now to be honest I havent played Skyrim yet and I'm sure it'll be an excellent game, but I cant see it leaving an impression in the way Bastion has.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleLikeFrank View Post
    Nope, I fully agree. As per an earlier thread on Portal 2, I actually think the choice to continue Portal's story (as opposed to just having another game with similar themes & mechanics) is the biggest mistake they made. The rest following from that is a lot of trying too hard, turning everything up to 11 to justify the sequel. The co-op campaign was quite good though.
    I never played the co-op, and I found its inclusion (And that frakking item shop) to be rather bizarre.

:forever alone:

GOTY: Portal 2, it is a very rare thing indeed when humour is handled that well in gaming.
    Most Played: By the end of the year is will have definitely have been Battlefield 3.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Most played: Mount & Blade: Warband
    GOTY: Still waiting on Batman and Skyrim for a verdict, but Witcher 2 is still strong contender, followed by Bastion/Portal 2.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

This year Spacechem stole my year back when it was barely even this year. It gets both quality and most time accolades from me.

Portal 2, however, gets honourable mention as it is the only game to make me shout "you've got to be f***ing kidding me..." in delight at the monitor. That bit at the end where where you *redacted* the portal to the *redacted* and *redacted* into *redacted* and get *redacted* by GLaDOS was a thrill in the most physical sense which caused neighbours to wonder why there was a lunatic dancing in delight.

Even now my dreams sometimes dance in silent, elegantly choreographed loops.
    Last edited by Daiv; 14-11-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Network Hub
    GOTY - Portal 2
    Most played - Skyrim, 30 hours in and still have a long way to go.

Portal 2 had a bigger emotional impact with the amazing writing and was just an all out perfect package. I'm loving Skyrim but there is so much wrong with it that makes me hate the game at times.

These are the only two games I've liked all year, though I have yet to play Batman and SWTOR.

GOTY: Portal 2
    Most played: League of Legends or StarCraft 2

StarCraft 2, however, is the game whose culture I'm most obsessed with. I pay attention to tournaments, casters, players, day in, day out, and I love it.

My most played will inevitably be Civ IV.

As to my game of the year? A quick check shows that I have only half a dozen games from this year, and all of them are quite good. I think it comes down to Portal 2 or Atom Zombie Smasher. I'll go with AZS on the grounds that I think I will get more long term play from it.