Threaded View

Obscure Node

Solium Infernum: "This Way A Good Soul Never Passes..."

Howdy folks,

First off, credit to the other SI game threads. Being a newb, I'm basically just ripping them off for this. So thanks, guys.

Looking to get a game together. Recent purchaser during the ShowMe sale and the multiplayer seems grand. Newbs and vets are all welcome, of course.

So far we have:
    1. HooblaDGN (me) - Hosting GMT-8
    2. Dolphan
    3. Jarvis
    4. Baboonanza
    5. Easy
    6. Realeh

We'll be playing on version 1.07e beta, which you can grab here (http://www.crypticcomet.com/blog/)
    Note that the patch is not an auto-run application, you just drag and drop the files into your game folder.

Please make sure you have dropbox installed as we'll be using that to transfer turns and the like.

We're going to be moving at a slower pace to give everybody time to ruminate and torture themselves over their decisions, so plan on playing a turn once every 2-3 days. In addition, I'm GMT-8 here, so files may arrive at odd times. But at this pace, that should not be a problem.

If you're interested in joining this game, please PM me your email and reply with your votes for game settings by bolding your preferred option:

Options (defaults in bold):
    Map Size: Choose between 12/14/16 hex width. Height is always 12.
    Map Type: Picks between major map features. Great Rivers tends to be more open. Acheron's Locks has many small areas. Dante's peak has a large mountain and chasms to channel conflict. The Lake of Fire is also open, but adds a special place of power, The Palace on the Lake of Fire, which grants +1 order slot, in addition to prestige.
    Place of Power: None, Rare, Uncommon or Common. Determines the number of places of power that will be generated. Public objectives and the Lake of Fire can override the None value.
    Game Length: Determines number of tokens to be drawn to end the game (10/15/20/25). You can estimate a turn length of 4x the number of tokens.

I'll be sending dropbox links out to players who have signed up and getting the game started tomorrow. Today is rather busy.

Any advice for hosting from veterans would be greatly appreciated!

Let's get this going, eh?
    Last edited by HooblaDGN; 18-11-2011 at 02:14 AM.