Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Obscure Node

Solium Infernum: "This Way A Good Soul Never Passes..."

Howdy folks,

First off, credit to the other SI game threads. Being a newb, I'm basically just ripping them off for this. So thanks, guys.

Looking to get a game together. Recent purchaser during the ShowMe sale and the multiplayer seems grand. Newbs and vets are all welcome, of course.

So far we have:
    1. HooblaDGN (me) - Hosting GMT-8
    2. Dolphan
    3. Jarvis
    4. Baboonanza
    5. Easy
    6. Realeh

We'll be playing on version 1.07e beta, which you can grab here (http://www.crypticcomet.com/blog/)
    Note that the patch is not an auto-run application, you just drag and drop the files into your game folder.

Please make sure you have dropbox installed as we'll be using that to transfer turns and the like.

We're going to be moving at a slower pace to give everybody time to ruminate and torture themselves over their decisions, so plan on playing a turn once every 2-3 days. In addition, I'm GMT-8 here, so files may arrive at odd times. But at this pace, that should not be a problem.

If you're interested in joining this game, please PM me your email and reply with your votes for game settings by bolding your preferred option:

Options (defaults in bold):
    Map Size: Choose between 12/14/16 hex width. Height is always 12.
    Map Type: Picks between major map features. Great Rivers tends to be more open. Acheron's Locks has many small areas. Dante's peak has a large mountain and chasms to channel conflict. The Lake of Fire is also open, but adds a special place of power, The Palace on the Lake of Fire, which grants +1 order slot, in addition to prestige.
    Place of Power: None, Rare, Uncommon or Common. Determines the number of places of power that will be generated. Public objectives and the Lake of Fire can override the None value.
    Game Length: Determines number of tokens to be drawn to end the game (10/15/20/25). You can estimate a turn length of 4x the number of tokens.

I'll be sending dropbox links out to players who have signed up and getting the game started tomorrow. Today is rather busy.

Any advice for hosting from veterans would be greatly appreciated!

Let's get this going, eh?
    Last edited by HooblaDGN; 18-11-2011 at 02:14 AM.

Network Hub
    Count me in. Same settings votes as in the OP.

Count me in, though I'll be able to start playing only on the 22nd because of a vacation.
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

Network Hub
    I'm in and if everyone else who expressed interest in the main thread replys here that should make 6 of us.

I'll vote Archeon's locks with everything else default.

Network Hub
    I'm in. PM sent with my email.

Network Hub
    I'm in too :) will send email via pm
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Obscure Node
    Howdy guys.

As a reminder I won't be sending dropbox links out today as it's rather busy. Those will be tomorrow.

However, I'll still be updating our player roster.

We can either wait until the 22nd to start so that MasterBoo can join in...

Or we could invite that new realeh fellow from the main thread and get him in?

Let me know!
    Last edited by HooblaDGN; 15-11-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Obscure Node
    Howdy guys,

2 things:

1. Still waiting for a confirmed fifth member. I'm going to message MasterBoo and see if he wants in for sure. In that case we'd be waiting until the 22nd to start, but that's no biggie. I'm also going to message realeh to see if he wants in. Whoever gets back first will be joining. We can always have the other join in the next terrifying game, or just in another concurrent game.

2. I'm currently setting up dropbox to host the game. Do people usually just run one big shared folder, one folder for each person, or just link to individual files in emails? I could definitely use some advice there.

Thanks, and I'll keep y'all posted.
    Last edited by HooblaDGN; 16-11-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Obscure Node
    Alright guys, current update is that we're still waiting for a confirmed sixth.

Network Hub
    I personally prefer one folder with all the files in because it means I can set up a NTFS Junction that links to the SI multiplayer folder and means that I don't have to copy the files around. Just keep a copy of the .anc file somewhere else for backup.

But really it doesn't matter, copying the files only takes a second so just do what you fancy. Dropbox should keep backups automatically so I'm not sure that's even necessary (though I do keep my own backup on the games I host just because I don't yet trust the Dropbox backup).

Network Hub
    And I think we should get the game created so we can start submitting our avatars. Even if we can't start until the 22nd it will mean we're ready to go when MasterBoo joins in.

Obscure Node
    I'm definitely up for that, but I'm still waiting on a sixth e-mail for a confirmed player and to my understanding you cannot add them once you've gotten it going. Should we just go with 5?

Even though it asks for an email when creating the game it seems you can just enter any unique name, so you should be able to enter "MasterBoo" or even just "player6" if you're not sure he will be joining. You'll need the email sooner or later for dropbox though.

Obscure Node
    Invites are in dropbox, guys.

If anybody wants to join in as the sixth player, pm me your e-mail

Obscure Node
    And... we have a sixth, with Realeh joining us.

Shoot your files back in dropbox as time permits, no hurries.

Network Hub
    I'm in as Sundrance.

Obscure Node
    Hello everyone,
    I've gone through the arcane instructions and put the turn in. Yay!..I mean..you shall all burn!
    (Realius)

Obscure Node
    I'm in as "Mr. Srs Bsnss, Bro." Couldn't bring myself to a serious name that didn't sound corny.

The main game file is in under 'current turn'.

Get to plotting doom!

Oh man. Something that I love and hate about this game is that you're always in the center and surrounded on all sides. Eff.

Also, realeh and I are newbs and could use some evil tips... or are they tips?
    Last edited by HooblaDGN; 19-11-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Obscure Node
    Turn 2 main file is up.

Network Hub
    Shit. I miscalculated and completely screwed my character build. This is going to be a painful game...