Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Christmas Sales 2014

This is the talk you UP thread for buying stuff. The sale is soon upon us, Ive "heard rumours itll be sometime very soon."

WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE

Let me begin by saying that Im looking forward to nothing much, really. I have EU4 and I just bought the most important DLCs which I was waiting to buy since I took a break from playing half a year ago. That CK2 expansion sounds interesting, but I havent touched the game properly for quite some time. If youre interested in EU4 and its machinations, buy buy buy. theyve done 5 sales before, Im sure itll happen again.

As for other recommendations: if youre into that kind of thing, Space Engineers should be 50% off still but Im sure theyll stop as soon as the sale hits and then itll only be 25% or 35% or something. http://store.steampowered.com/app/244850

As for plugging my stuff: my game, The Shopkeeper, will be 20% off, costing only 1,5/2/2,5 quid/euros/dollahs. You could play and add another negative review on steam!!!!111!!!11111
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    I've decided that I'm not buying even one game next year... so if there's anything else that I need to play in the next year or so... it has to be purchased in the next few weeks. That said... what could I possibly still need?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    My big recommendation would be Dungeon of the Endless - http://store.steampowered.com/app/249050/ - It is on sale now for 50% off. BUY IT!

Its a weird mix of genres, its sort of roguelike, tower defence game. There is a WIT here that I agree with. It will take a while to get into the flow of the game but when you do, it really has that one more turn feel to it. It is also the only game recently that was really called to me for a quick 10 min run before I had to go somewhere, only to find myself 30 min late.
    Last edited by Kiril; Yesterday at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    This is the talk you UP thread for buying stuff. The sale is soon upon us, Ive "heard rumours itll be sometime very soon."
    1800 GMT tommorow by any chance?

There isn't much I am after and most of the games I am interested in are still in early access so probably won't be heavily discounted anyway. I am sure I will pick up some shite I may play for about 10 minutes and forget about, just like every year.

Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    1800 GMT tommorow by any chance?
    I cannot confirm nor deny that.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

A very good game on sale right now is Sanctum 2. All of the DLC is also on sale.

Go buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    I cannot confirm nor deny that.
    Reddit already has :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    Reddit already has :P
    All reddit can confirm is the wretchedness of humanity.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Totally forgot to post that the date of Dec 18th was leaked what... a couple weeks ago? but then again my trumpeting announcement of the fall sale sounded a little hollow to myself too, so let's just call it a subconscious exercise in restraint.

It's all down to what will get crazy cuts, but this time I'll be conducting an experiment: what happens to fabric of time and space when you buy two huge, hugely successful time sinks set in fantasy worlds in the same month. The colliding particle selected will be Dark Souls (unless you know, crazy cuts on other huge, hugely successful time sink RPGs)
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    I've decided that I'm not buying even one game next year... so if there's anything else that I need to play in the next year or so... it has to be purchased in the next few weeks. That said... what could I possibly still need?
    The best way to make your resolutions last is to enact them immediately, and I don't mean on January 1.

Nah - I did the same thing last year and I kept the resolution!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    So you're not going to buy the new *Colour TBA* Box from Valve containing Half Life 3, Portal 3 and Left for Dead 3?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

I'd just like to remind everybody that DARK SOULS IS FREE FROM THE CORRUPT BLIGHT THAT IS GODAWFUL/GFWL. And I'd like to test the netcode.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens89 View Post
    So you're not going to buy the new *Colour TBA* Box from Valve containing Half Life 3, Portal 3 and Left for Dead 3?
    While slightly tempting... I'm thinking about playing the first two of the first and third games before buying 3. ;P

Lesser Hivemind Node EPICTHEFAIL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I'd just like to remind everybody that DARK SOULS IS FREE FROM THE CORRUPT BLIGHT THAT IS GODAWFUL/GFWL. And I'd like to test the netcode.
    Do I still have to mod it so it doesn`t look like a game from 2001? Or have they finally got around to setting up proper PC options?
    Guild Wars 2 - Failbaddon, Mars Baneblade, Vulkan Hellhammer
    Elite: Dangerous - EpicTheTrumble
    Steam - EPICTHEFAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    I would like to see your mod bits.

Quote Originally Posted by EPICTHEFAIL View Post
    Do I still have to mod it so it doesn`t look like a game from 2001? Or have they finally got around to setting up proper PC options?
    Look, you can make excuses forever, or you can just plug your controller in, download DSFix (which is far more painless than your average Quake source port...) and play the game. I'm betting $3.75, so go sell some gems or something.

Lesser Hivemind Node EPICTHEFAIL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Look, you can make excuses forever, or you can just plug your controller in, download DSFix (which is far more painless than your average Quake source port...) and play the game. I'm betting $3.75, so go sell some gems or something.
    Oh, it still doesn`t have working KB+M controls? Fuck that, I`m not buying a 360 controller just because the devs were too lazy to port it properly.
    Guild Wars 2 - Failbaddon, Mars Baneblade, Vulkan Hellhammer
    Elite: Dangerous - EpicTheTrumble
    Steam - EPICTHEFAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    I would like to see your mod bits.

From what I understand, there are top-tier PVP players who use a mouse. But given your shown tendency for impatience, perhaps Dark Souls is not for you for slightly different reasons.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Any doubters may be assuaged by the fact that the email you get if you win an Auction on Steam is entitled

"The Steam Pre-Sale Auction"

Thursday 6pm UK then?