Page 169 of 603 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 12045

Thread: PC Bargains

Activated Node
    it's worth noting that at least here in the UK, Space Marine is cheaper at retail, and in fact was down to around 8 just a few months after release. Also it's steamworks, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    It is indeed. Well, there you go then - cheaper at retail!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Setroc View Post
    it's worth noting that at least here in the UK, Space Marine is cheaper at retail, and in fact was down to around 8 just a few months after release. Also it's steamworks, right?
    Indeed.

On top of that, if you have a slightly poor net connection, retail is good. It's 2 DVDs, and a few GB of patching on top of that.

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar
    Lord of the Rings: War in the North is currently at $10 at Impulse. I don't know if there is region restriction or not but it works fine for me.

So I heard it's quite a good game for some co-op? By the look of it you can play as a Dwarf? Sold.
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by AlonePlusEasyTarget View Post
    Lord of the Rings: War in the North is currently at $10 at Impulse. I don't know if there is region restriction or not but it works fine for me.

So I heard it's quite a good game for some co-op? By the look of it you can play as a Dwarf? Sold.
    Doesn't seem to be available here in Europe. Frontpage says "bunch of games -many%" but none of those games are actually discounted here -___-

This is why I don't like Impulse all that much. Like 75 % of their deals aren't available for real outside NA. Steam never has this bullshit.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Mass Effect 3 for $30 on Amazon, cheapest I've seen it yet. It's a Gold Box deal, so it might be gone soon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref...400_pe_00_head

Obscure Node
    Dead Space 1 and 2 are on sale again on Steam for $5 a piece, are they worth playing on PC? I already have the first one on 360 but I never finished it, I'd prefer to play it on PC if it isn't a shoddy port and if it plays well with mouse+keyboard.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I played it through on the PC, found the controls fairly solid and I can imagine the precision shooting is a good bit better with the mouse, overall I though it was a decent game, haven't played the second one however

The ports are rather excellent bar the weird v-sync glitch (turn off vsync in-game, force through drivers or d3doverrider). They run smooth as butter, have ridiculously short load times, and are all around solid, if sometimes painfully lacking a (working) anti-aliasing solution. I found DS1 pretty repetitive and gave up halfway through, though I hear DS2 is better and has more setpieces to keep things varied.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I'd say they're about the same in quality content, but have different flaws that make neither superior on the whole. That being said, 2 has a lot more polish and plays a little better at any rate. I played DS1 on 360 then DS2 on PC and enjoyed them both. The PC version has instantaneous switch, if I remember correctly, between 360 pad and KB+M if you want to play with a pad. The higher resolution and general clarity means the interface is a lot better on the PC, although that's something of a given.

Worth the prices of admission for both titles.