Page 182 of 594 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 11873

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Commandos Collection is 2,80€ on Steam, or 1€ each game.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4156/
    For that price it's probably not much of a loss to pick them all up, but are there any fan favourites from that bunch that come particularly recommended?
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Might also be worth verifying they work on modern systems.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    From what I've heard only the first few levels are a parody of modern shooters, no?
    The entire game is brown, but the levels open way up after the first two (which I didn't think were particularly horrible, even.) I enjoyed it for what it was: an excellent way to kill off a bottle of whiskey and a rainy day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    All of Commandos games are excellent, with 2 probably being the most well regarded, 3 being the worst.

If you have any problems, this should be all you need http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1331567

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    A word of warning, they're hellishly hard.

As a personal favourite, I'd go with the first one, Beyond Enemy Lines, but I'm biased as it was one of the first PC games I ever bought.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Definitely a series from my childhood. I sucked at them, though.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Might also be worth verifying they work on modern systems.
    The first two games don't.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1331567

Fixes are here; it was made by a fan on the Steam forums. It was on Megaupload, people have hosted it elsewhere since then.

I guess the link was already posted! Well, I can still add to it and say you gotta go right to the last page to get the fixes since Megaupload is no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss View Post
    Yes.

After Level 5 or so, it turns into regular Serious Sam gameplay. There is even a moment where Sam says something to the tune of "I'm home!" (I don't remember the exact joke) which signifies the end of the modern shooter joke.
    Yeah, it gets really good after about an hour in. The problem with the modern shooter joke is that it isn't really a very good joke so you just end up wasting time until it gets all Serious Sam. And it does.

I loved going back to complete don't give a monkeys maps where you can clearly see where the arena begins and ends. And the giant sandworm that will eat you if you go outside it.

The last level is pretty terrible though. Probably hilarious to write and well into the realms of "how far is too far? this far!" but I just couldn't be arsed gritting my teeth through the gauntlet it lays down. But a pair of minor gripes for hours of solid, smiley shooty bang bang that I truly enjoyed loads.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Just as a heads-up: it seems payment for this game with PayPal is disabled, so you'll have to do so with a credit card. This probably won't be a problem for most people, though.
    This is true - especially the bit about 'credit' card, because GetGames appear to be one of those companies who are blocked by many of the main banks for debit card transactions (see also pcworlddownloads.co.uk and a few other sites).

Worse still is they'll take your card details, send you a confirmation email but nothing else. No warning there's been a problem, nothing (definately not a game).

I've bought 3 things from GGG, 2 of those resulted in having to talk to their support people to actually find out what the hell was going on - won't bother again...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I know it's been heavily discounted in the past, but Just Cause 2 is up for £2.50 on Gamersgate, and the DLC is discounted to a similar level (22p each for the smaller packs, 37p for the bigger ones)

Don't go for the Just Cause 2 complete pack (which includes the game and all DLC) as it's slightly cheaper to add everything individually. A fine way to use up some blue coins regardless.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    I know it's been heavily discounted in the past, but Just Cause 2 is up for £2.50 on Gamersgate, and the DLC is discounted to a similar level (22p each for the smaller packs, 37p for the bigger ones)

Don't go for the Just Cause 2 complete pack (which includes the game and all DLC) as it's slightly cheaper to add everything individually. A fine way to use up some blue coins regardless.
    Do note that the game must be registered on Steam, which is either a plus or a minus depending on your proclivities.

Contemplating getting Dear Esther, which is half off on Steam. Reading through the corresponding Steam forum is hilarious. For people here who've played it, what did you think? I'm well aware of the length and type of gameplay, and they don't necessarily deter me if the game can successfully do what it was trying to do (which is the story, I suppose).

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Contemplating getting Dear Esther, which is half off on Steam. Reading through the corresponding Steam forum is hilarious.
    That can be said about almost any game, but I'm curious now.

EDIT: Read the posts quoted below. Yep, steam forums being steam forums.
    Last edited by Scumbag; 15-05-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Network Hub
    Tbh I found Dear Esther fairly tedious. In terms of source mods telling a story, Stanley Parable did it better. I'm possibly missing something but I really couldn't find a single useful thing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    That can be said about almost any game, but I'm curious now.
    "'Indie game' is a genre and YOU ARE RUINING IT!"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I'll put it this way: I enjoyed the path, but not so sure I enjoyed Dear Esther, and kind of regret purchasing it.
    The cave looks gorgeous though, they've taken the Source engine to it's extreme in that section of the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    I'll put it this way: I enjoyed the path, but not so sure I enjoyed Dear Esther, and kind of regret purchasing it.
    The path annoyed me, skipping sale in 3...2...
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
    Tbh I found Dear Esther fairly tedious. In terms of source mods telling a story, Stanley Parable did it better. I'm possibly missing something but I really couldn't find a single useful thing about it.
    Its a very nice tech demo maybe?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Second Avernum trilogy for $9.60 on Steam, vs. the $45 it costs on his store.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14583/
    Avernum 6 still features the best boss-battles and set-pieces not only of any of the Spiderweb's series, but of nearly any RPG I can think of. If you liked Avadon, you owe it to yourself to play the far superiour Avernum 6. Especially as it doesn't cost anything.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Its a very nice tech demo maybe?
    It's no tech demo because it was made within an already existing engine.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog