Page 184 of 594 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 11866

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    The Farcry 2 dlc is on steam so, yunno, if you like steam i guess thats good.
    No, it's just the Fortune's Edition which is Game + DLC, it's not the DLC on its own.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    I'm confused, aren't both GOG and Steam selling the Fortune's Edition? As far as I can tell it's the same, except GOG gives you all the extra stuff and makes the price $9.99 rather than 9.99.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I'm confused, aren't both GOG and Steam selling the Fortune's Edition? As far as I can tell it's the same, except GOG gives you all the extra stuff and makes the price $9.99 rather than 9.99.
    Yes, they are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    DRM-free Far Cry 2? Curse you GOG, that's more of my money you'll be taking...

Parachute + grappling hook = fly forever

Seriously, I spend probably 60% of my time in just cause 2 gliding over beautiful vistas... Firing an assault rifle at passing cars.
    That's the only thing to recommend the game. I wish someone had told me that, as I don't get much out of flying around beautiful video game vistas with nothing interesting to do.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Parachute + grappling hook = fly forever

Seriously, I spend probably 60% of my time in just cause 2 gliding over beautiful vistas... Firing an assault rifle at passing cars.
    The 'Black Market Aerial Pack' DLC adds so-called Dual Parachute Thrusters, which do exactly what the name says. Just Cause 2 is definitely a great game, if perhaps not necessarily because of its main story gameplay.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 17-05-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    DRM-free Far Cry 2? Curse you GOG, that's more of my money you'll be taking...
    To give Ubisoft some due they actually made it (almost) DRM free when the 3rd patch came out. Once you installed it and put in the CD-Key that was it - no always-on connection, no install limit, no disc required to play. It became like Prince of Persia 2008 was in that regard.

Then they went insane and did the AssCreed 2 DRM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    To give Ubisoft some due they actually made it (almost) DRM free when the 3rd patch came out. Once you installed it and put in the CD-Key that was it - no always-on connection, no install limit, no disc required to play. It became like Prince of Persia 2008 was in that regard.

Then they went insane and did the AssCreed 2 DRM.
    I didn't notice, because I'd picked it up in a Steam sale so it was already DRM'd all to hell. Glad that Ubi did the right thing for once (shame it wasn't a trend) but regardless, it'll be nice to have a copy that's free of nonsense.

I had zero trouble with the Gamersgate version of FC2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    That's the only thing to recommend the game. I wish someone had told me that, as I don't get much out of flying around beautiful video game vistas with nothing interesting to do.
    It saddens me that you think this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    It saddens me that you think this.
    Yeah, while its no Red Faction Guerrilla the destruction is good in places. And grappling hooking people to passing cars or cars chasing you to lampposts or towing a scooter below your helicopter for use as a wrecking ball.

Eh, I enjoyed it most of all in the helicopters raining hell with cannons and missiles. Officers immunity to running over pee'd me off though.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

There's an Ubisoft weekend sale at Steam. And Far Cry 2 is $6.99

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Ghost Recon Series is 75% off today on steam, it's not bad but honestly unless you want to play the old ones. Really lives in the new vegas games shadow.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Can anyone tell me how the Ghost Recon games run on 64bit Win7? I'm eyeing up that Ghost Recon Pack on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Me too. Although I hear the PC versions of GRAW were pretty rubbish (quite different too?) I should remember, I had/have the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Rex View Post
    Can anyone tell me how the Ghost Recon games run on 64bit Win7? I'm eyeing up that Ghost Recon Pack on Steam
    I've run GRAW 2 on win7 x64 with no problems, iirc. I don't think I ever tried the older ones on the new OS (they worked great on my xp laptop though).

Having said that I got it running, I never went back to it after about 3-4 hours. Never could get into it.

I remember the GRAW games being superb multiplayer fun on the 360, I wonder if it still stands up today?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Hard to believe GRAW was released six years ago, ugh! In any case, I can't speak to GRAW2, but I thought GRAW was pretty decent - I do agree though that the Vegas games were probably more enjoyable and interesting.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Ubi Soft Week!

I'm hoping Assassin's Creed Brotherhood will finally hit the under 10 dollar range, but I doubt it.

I would suggest that even if it doesnt, it is still well worth it.