Page 257 of 603 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,140 of 12045

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Agreed. Spacechem really isn't a poncy game like, for example, Braid is. The chemisty thing is just to try and provide some context as to what's going on in the puzzles, but it could easily be replaced by something else. Any pretentions can be attributed to the fans who go out and do (admittedly kind of cool) things like showing the game can be used to create a computer. This is just peopel playing in the sandbox mode, whereas the game itself it a really great puzzler where there are often many solutions to each level but only some are half-way efficient and only a few are more efficient than what 95% of people did (the game shows how your solution stacks up to those of other people).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Din's Curse is on steam, i cant wait for the steam forum to light up with what a horrible mess the interface is...

*looks*

All's quiet for now.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Din's Curse is on steam, i cant wait for the steam forum to light up with what a horrible mess the interface is...

*looks*

All's quiet for now.
    Looks like the expansion didn't make it for some reason. Oh well.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ahh, Din's Curse. I really want to like it more than I do. It's so flippin' close to greatness. If Din's Curse and Torchlight had a child, and the child had the personality of Torchlight and the brains and creativity of DC I'd have a game I could play for years.

Anyone have any opinions on the bitComposer/Viva media bundle that's 75% off on Steam?

Cargo and Call Of Pripyat are brilliant. The rest, not so much.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

Trine 2 £3.00 http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-TRINE2/trine-2
    Immediately!
    LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 £3.40 http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-LEGOH...tter-years-1-4
    Yes!

I should play Trine 2 soon. Bought it during summer sales.

A friend of mine told me it looks Amazing in 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    I should play Trine 2 soon. Bought it during summer sales.

A friend of mine told me it looks Amazing in 3D.
    It looks bloody good regardless in all honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 £3.40 http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-LEGOH...tter-years-1-4
    Yes!
    Years ago I played a demo for one of the Lego Star wars games (Episode 1 I think), I really enjoyed it at the time, but I can't remember anything about it. How are the 'Lego' games?

is that Trackmania United Forever any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    Anyone have any opinions on the bitComposer/Viva media bundle that's 75% off on Steam?
    Out of those, I've only played Cargo, but it's a really interesting ride. It's really, really weird though.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Out of those, I've only played Cargo, but it's a really interesting ride. It's really, really weird though.
    What Ice-Pick Lodge game isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    What Ice-Pick Lodge game isn't?
    Yeah.

It's pretty much about saving the buddies from killing themselves. Not kidding. One of the first things that happens is they start sending themselves through the turbine of your destroyed plane, and these weird gods that are pretty much just masks on a rail are going on about how they left certain parts of their brain out so they commit "suigenocide".

Under the weirdness is a really cool game though. You build vehicles, you complete tasks, all in an open world. It's kind of like a simpler version of Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. It's also really colorful.
    Last edited by johnki; 23-08-2012 at 02:27 PM.

GOG has completed the Ultima series, and they're having a promo. 30% off individually, 50% off if you buy the set.

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/ultima_series_promo/

I would pay good money to have everything related to Ultima 8 and 9 thrown into a volcano.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    GOG has completed the Ultima series, and they're having a promo. 30% off individually, 50% off if you buy the set.

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/ultima_series_promo/
    Now where is my old Vodoo 3 GPU..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LutherBlissett View Post
    is that Trackmania United Forever any good?
    Yes! It has tons of content, a fantastic track editor, is great fun to drive, and since the stadium scenario is free (TMF) it should still have a pretty active multiplayer community.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Years ago I played a demo for one of the Lego Star wars games (Episode 1 I think), I really enjoyed it at the time, but I can't remember anything about it. How are the 'Lego' games?
    Most of them are about bashing things and collecting coins, batman added more complicated relationships between characters and harry potter had a better lay out to seamlessly merge hub and level.

They are not hard games as you have unlimited lives, and a coop partner is required to enjoy them at their best potential, but honestly?They are popcorn games, no investment required. I recommend harry and batman, the others (indiana jones and star wars don't meet the same standards)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    How are the 'Lego' games?
    I very much enjoy them. They are lighthearted and simple, but fun. Not very challenging, but you're probably not playing this game for challenge. I generally hate collect-a-thon games, but I enjoy going through everything in Lego games because replaying levels with unlimited character selection exposes areas not available at first.