Page 262 of 571 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,240 of 11407

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Origin is kind of the opposite of the rest of the internet. Steam and the like all favor Americans and screw over everyone else. Origin is the opposite, where all the best sales are for the UK.

Yeah, nobody really wants to talk about it because it is confusing as crap and is almost assuredly a scheme by EA to destroy the world.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Origin is kind of the opposite of the rest of the internet. Steam and the like all favor Americans and screw over everyone else. Origin is the opposite, where all the best sales are for the UK.

Yeah, nobody really wants to talk about it because it is confusing as crap and is almost assuredly a scheme by EA to destroy the world.
    I don't get why it would work either way. If you're selling it to half your userbase at that price, why not sell it to all of them?

It sucks though because it's not even like you can just buy it from the foreign store. You have to buy it from your country's store.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    There are some arguments as to why it might be (VAT, special deals with distributors, etc) but it all basically boils down to what is always the answer: Most companies still think selling digital copies is like selling retail copies.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    I can't seem to find OMD2 on Gamefly US. Is it only on Gamefly UK? Can people in the US buy from Gamefly UK?
    Sorry, should have chosen only part of the post I was responding to. Although you don't need the answer anymore, I'll answer anyway. I tried to create a GameFly UK account with my main email address but the store detected there was already an account. So I logged in with my GameFly US account and now the UK site keeps redirecting me back to my own shores. I suppose I could create a whole new account for the UK store with a virgin email address, but since I found the US discount code I didn't see a point.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Am I the only one who sees "preorder a season pass for all the DLC!" and reads it as "wait for the GotY?"
    No. I did the math on the alteration to Max Payne 3's season pass, and if my understanding was correct (based on the information available at the time) it was rendered a significantly shittier deal after the DLC consolidation. The discount changed from 35% off to ~17% off, but they still list it as a 35% savings at $30. The full cost is either $36 (if Local Justice was purchased during the first week after launch) or $38.

I had no interest in season passes to begin with, but if the number of DLC they contain is mutable and dependent upon the success of a game, wowsers are they a stupid purchase.

I've already pre-ordered Borderlands 2, but I'm comfortable waiting eons to buy DLC, if ever.

Edit - burp, unrelated:

It was my understanding that the Plentiful Paradox pack was going to be on sale until 9/3 (mostly interested in SotS). I guess not. Oh, Amazon, why do you not know how to use the expiration of a promotion as part of the promotion?
    Last edited by internetonsetadd; 02-09-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    It was my understanding that the Plentiful Paradox pack was going to be on sale until 9/3 (mostly interested in SotS). I guess not. Oh, Amazon, why do you not know how to use the expiration of a promotion as part of the promotion?
    I think it will be on sale again from the 3rd untill the 7th of september but at a slightly less awesome discount. It was mentioned in a cheapassgamer (or whatever it's called) link posted a few pages ago.

EDIT: Checked it again, it apparently mentions the big discount will indeed run until the 3rd and the lesser one (at $13) will run from 4-9 september. Don't really know what they're up to now.

The link again for your convenience:
    http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=317580
    Last edited by mrwout; 02-09-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Incoming GMG code for 25% off anything for 9/2 to 9/4: GMG25-LABOR-DAYGO
    Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    Fingers crossed I can get GW2 during that time.
    GMG have physical copies in stock for 37.99 but I tried that code and doesn't work with it unfortunately, valid for downloads only I think. Digital copies still out of stock. 34.99 for a box from Play or Amazon looks to be the cheapest at the moment which is what I'll probably do now.

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Is the Amazon downloader equivalent to GamersGate, or is it a big hassle?
    When I got the ArmA2/CO bundle on Amazon it was really messed up and confusing. I eventually discovered they had more than one system, and the old site-centric downloader didn't work for recent stuff. If they provide a downloader exe per game, save and run those. IIRC, they have no options for where to save, but you can find and move the resulting folders afterward.

Waveform is the daily deal on Steam. You can get it for a fart and a half.

Also, Gamefly has for some reason blocked my e-mail address's domain - microsoft's @live.nl - from any more purchases. So that means no Quantum Conundrum for 2.00. Screw those guys.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Waveform is the daily deal on Steam. You can get it for a fart and a half.
    I love Waveform - it's the only game I've played in YEARS which actually re-wired my brain to accept a new concept (of fitting your Waveform around the obstacles).

It's so unique and so smart it hurts - there's a TONNE of content and the author is awesome because he threw the DLC in 'free' for everyone who bought it on-or-around release!!

If you don't have it - GET IT

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    As long as it's not about constructing Fourier series by hand on the fly... :S

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    As long as it's not about constructing Fourier series by hand on the fly... :S
    Are you saying they're boring and that Fourier knew nothing about good game design? I say, reconsider your words, sir. And check out the DLC, "Transforms from the Time Continuum". :)

Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    Are you saying they're boring and that Fourier knew nothing about good game design? I say, reconsider your words, sir. And check out the DLC, "Transforms from the Time Continuum". :)
    I don't know, is it good eigenvalue for money?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    No. Stop it. Stop it right now. That man and his fucking transforms, integrals and domain have been abusing me on a daily basis for the better part of the last 8 years. I'm only a few tilde signs and exp[i.\omega.t]'s away from a full breakdown as it is.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    No. Stop it. Stop it right now. That man and his fucking transforms, integrals and domain have been abusing me on a daily basis for the better part of the last 8 years. I'm only a few tilde signs and exp[i.\omega.t]'s away from a full breakdown as it is.
    Aleph Null?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    I don't know, is it good eigenvalue for money?
    Sure was last time I measured.

Half-Life 2 is 2'5€ on Steam (Daily Sale). Well worth it, in case somebody doesn't own it yet.

EDIT: Sorry, 2'38€.
    Last edited by AlexClockwork; 03-09-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Half-Life 2 is 2'5€ on Steam (Daily Sale). Well worth it, in case somebody doesn't own it yet.
    Looks like a quick back-up as it was ORION: Dino Beatdown with a 50% off sale when I checked it just after 19:00 local time. Given the resounding 4/10 Metacritic score, it doesn't seem anybody is missing much.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    It's 3.06€ here (Denmark).

Activated Node
    Cliffs of Dover for GBP 2.95 at GameFly.