Page 3 of 589 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-snukk View Post
    I expected LA Noire in the post this morning and instead recieved and application form for a job in the local fish factory.
    That's the beginning of the ARG. Wait until they dump a dead hookers in your bed, the police kick in your door and as long as you don't resist arrest they hand you a copy of LA Noire.. And a roll of bin bags, a shovel and a hack saw for disposing of the bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    People that read forums and see that there's an easy fix?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1053329
    thank you kind sir

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
    thank you kind sir
    Happy to help. Much as the Steam forums are a wretched hive of scum and villainy, they do sometimes contain useful solutions to problems like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jackspade View Post
    Brink 14.99 - http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/pc/brink-...oductpage.html

I paid a full pre-order price for this :(. Doh.
    I know. I am disgusted about how much that game has lost value. Its a shame really. To much hype not even bang. Like most games these days
    Official RPS Thread argument catalyst.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Happy to help. Much as the Steam forums are a wretched hive of scum and villainy, they do sometimes contain useful solutions to problems like this.
    and that's a shame 'cause that's really the last place that I'd really try to get any help from, but nonetheless: is this Dirt any good? I don't like racing games, have no wheel in home and I just wonder whether it's better to buy this thing or to save this money for whatever comes tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by slick_101 View Post
    I know. I am disgusted about how much that game has lost value. Its a shame really. To much hype not even bang. Like most games these days
    To be fair you can get Portal 2 for 15 retail so I'm not sure it really says anything about the quality vs post-release price. Seeing how quickly prices drop these days, and given the game backlog I've yet to clear, after Deus Ex its going to take something pretty phenomenal to get me to preorder again, when you can just wait a few weeks/months and get them at a fraction of the price. Patience is a virtue. And also, cheaper.

Yes, I've played DiRT on Windows 7. Never noticed any problems with it.

I will endorse it by saying that I am TERRIBLE at 'realistic' racing games, and DiRT is a game that I really, really enjoy (on easy). Other racers in the niche (ToCA; GRID) I can put on easy and they're still incredibly difficult to me, so I'm fond of DiRT. That said, those who are good at racing games can pump DiRT up to ridiculously hard levels. Pretty good looking game for its time, too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Man, that's cheap for an awesome game. That being said, I think I may wait till 3 comes down in price. For those who do get DiRT, it is a hard game, but ever so rewarding.

Edit: Just saw Dirt 3 on offer through savygamer. 21 quid? Not gonna argue with that!
    Last edited by The JG Man; 05-06-2011 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Telltale games have 75% off almost everything in their store.
    If you buy Poker Night at the Inventory you can go to this page and get a key that registers on Steam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Dead Space 2 is $12 on GamersGate.
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DS2/dead-space-2

20% off of preorders of E3-Games at bee.com with code "PREORDER20"
    eg. BF3 LE for about 23
    also good for CoD:MW3, AssBro:Rev, Dead Island etc.

Link: http://www.bee.com/e3-games-2011/
    German article: http://www.preisjaeger.at/40650/alle...mass-effect-3/

Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    Dead Space 2 is $12 on GamersGate.
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DS2/dead-space-2
    or 20 in the uk.... WTF

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSilence View Post
    If you buy Poker Night at the Inventory you can go to this page and get a key that registers on Steam.
    but don't because its terrible.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 06-06-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    20% off of preorders of E3-Games at bee.com with code "PREORDER20"
    eg. BF3 LE for about 23
    So very tempting, but I've never heard of bee.com before. Not much chance of it going cheaper though, is there?

EDIT: As a point of reference, you can pick up Space Marine at the same place for under 28, as well as getting the limited edition which would be 63, which is also the cheapest I've seen them available for.

I'm just so damn hesitant about pre-ordering, 1, from a place I've never heard of before and 2, so far in advance. I dunno.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 06-06-2011 at 11:43 PM.

Steam sales hooooo!

Daily - Wings of Prey - 75% off, down to 5. (There is a demo so you can try before you buy!)

Mid-week:

50% off Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. CoD4 (10), Modern Warfare 2 (15) and two of its map packs; Resurgence Pack and Stimulus Package (both 5.50).

85% off the Frozenbyte Complete Collection. This includes Shadowgrounds (6), Shadowgrounds Survivor (8) and Trine (17) for the complete price of 3.30. (The pack cost is 22, which is what the discount is off, amazingly.) All 3 have demos and are Steam Play.

(As an aside, I'd appreciate if anyone has any experience using bee.com, re. my questioning in the previous post. Feel free to PM me. Ta!)
    Last edited by The JG Man; 07-06-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    That's the beginning of the ARG. Wait until they dump a dead hookers in your bed, the police kick in your door and as long as you don't resist arrest they hand you a copy of LA Noire.. And a roll of bin bags, a shovel and a hack saw for disposing of the bodies.
    And if you do resist?

For anybody who had been interested in Wings of Prey but had been put off by the DRM, it would seem that they have finally patched it out. Still have to create an account for multiplayer, though, or something.

Dead Space 2 is no longer on sale at GG but is now $12 at D2D.
    http://www.direct2drive.com/10210/pr...ace-2-Download

OMG!

And if you are not usa/canada?

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post

I'm just so damn hesitant about pre-ordering, 1, from a place I've never heard of before and 2, so far in advance. I dunno.
    I agree. Preordering in advance these days is too risky. For example, I cancelled my Red Faction Armageddon pre-order just last week, deciding it'd be a bargain bin/steam sale pickup instead, and shifted my deposit onto another preorder. Unfortunately, that other preorder was for Dungeon Siege 3, and judging by the bizarre controls and lazy voice acting (for a primary character!) evident in the demo, I'm not sure I want to pay full price for it either. I may end up just taking my money back and waiting for November releases.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSpiral View Post
    Preordering in advance
    *Head explodes at how broken videogame words are*

Not your fault, it's just pre-order is already redundant (what's wrong with 'order'? ) so pre-order in advance amused me...