Page 269 of 578 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 11552

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by celt View Post
    For the Gamersgate Torchlight 2 4-pack, I'd be willing to be the buyer. I'd just like to know that there's 3 other people ready to purchase before I commit. Payment would have to be via PayPal (that's how I'd be paying and I'd like it to go back to there.) I'm from the US and would be buying on the US site. I've never gifted pieces of a 4-pack via Gamersgate, but I have via Steam. I'd hope that it's equally easy.
    I'd be in - the only thing which mildly worries me is that there's a difference between US and EU keys for Torchlight 2 and that the keys won't work when bought from one and used in another.

That said - I can't see the download/key from Gamersgate being affected by that so worst case is it won't activate on Steam - and I reckon that's a long shot.

So put me down for 1 - happy to pay by PayPal - see if we can get another 2 mugs SORRY punters in eh? :)

All of Vic Davis's games (Armageddon Empires, Solium Infernum, Six Gun Saga) are 50% off if you use the code OCCULT at checkout. For reference, these are those games you wanted to buy but didn't because they were too expensive.

http://www.crypticcomet.com/
    http://www.crypticcomet.com/blog/?p=930

So put me down for 1 - happy to pay by PayPal - see if we can get another 2 mugs SORRY punters in eh? :)
    That's 2 of us. Need 2 more.
    Last edited by celt; 21-09-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Network Hub
    ACKTE-RHATT-RICKS on GMG for 35% off Football Manager 2013 (19.95 total)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but greenmangaming are giving away a game at the moment which can immediatly be traded in for credit against X-Com, makes it 22, linky link -

http://www.greenmangaming.com/xcom-deal/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've cross-posted this into the TL2 thread in case anything is dithering over there - would be useful to know the exact price in $ that you'll want for it too :)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...l=1#post193166

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    For the Gamersgate Torchlight 2 4-pack, I'd be willing to be the buyer. I'd just like to know that there's 3 other people ready to purchase before I commit. Payment would have to be via PayPal (that's how I'd be paying and I'd like it to go back to there.) I'm from the US and would be buying on the US site. I've never gifted pieces of a 4-pack via Gamersgate, but I have via Steam. I'd hope that it's equally easy.
    If you're that worried about that, why not just buy the 4-pack on Steam then? Costs the same, doesn't it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    If you're that worried about that, why not just buy the 4-pack on Steam then? Costs the same, doesn't it?
    Unless he has the GG/IGN 15% discount - and if the $ price is the same - and if no-one wants a non-Steam copy - yes.

Is it with the coupon? $12.75? If so I'll jump in.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Yeah, I might be interested as well. How much each does that work out to?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Yeah, I might be interested as well. How much each does that work out to?
    My maths says that without the IGN discount it's $14.99 a copy ($59.95/4) which is under 10/just over 11EUR (depending on the rates PayPal are doing atm)

With the IGN thing it's $12.74 a copy which is under 8 and just under 10EUR - again depending on rates...

Even without the discount that's cheaper than a UK/EU 4 pack by some margin - with it, it's half-price! :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I simultaneously suggest that you don't want 2 of the titles and you need the third. The latter being Solium Infernum of course.

Elegant in its game flow, complemented by its lore and genuinely the only strategy game in years to try and solve the attrition problem (also: age of empires riegicide and sacrifice) sure it has flaws but it's notable that an indie studio has managed what no AAA has and generate a player vs player diplomacy which works.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Ah, Cryptic Comet deal is good till October 1. That's great. :)

Edit: Re. Outcast, I have it but have really only played the tutorial, so I can't offer much of an opinion. The graphics are nice, the movement maybe a little clunky. It's one of those games I end up saving for a night of uninterrupted gaming, for some reason, and I don't get many of those. I'm looking at Darklands and Master of Magic from the GOG sale, although I haven't made up my mind yet.
    Last edited by Pertusaria; 22-09-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Darklands != Darksiders
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Some of Atari's better games are off 60% on GOG this weekend: http://www.gog.com/en/promo/atari_weekend_promo

I picked up the second and third Rollercoaster Tycoon games since I had some trouble getting their disc versions working on Windows 7. They seem to work just fine now and are still great games. Look on the forums for a 'hack' that opens up windowed mode for RCT2.

Perhaps others can highlight some of the other games that might be worth picking up as well.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 22-09-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I'd pick up I-War 2 if I hadn't placed a moratorium on video game-related spending. I'm assuming that Outcast and Total Annihilation are $2.39 as well, so that's a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I simultaneously suggest that you don't want 2 of the titles and you need the third. The latter being Solium Infernum of course.

Elegant in its game flow, complemented by its lore and genuinely the only strategy game in years to try and solve the attrition problem (also: age of empires riegicide and sacrifice) sure it has flaws but it's notable that an indie studio has managed what no AAA has and generate a player vs player diplomacy which works.
    I actually agree that people shouldn't buy Armageddon Empires, since it will undoubtedly prove too much of a timesink, eating into what is, for many, an already hectic late-year gaming schedule. Blinding players to new releases with the white light of its brilliance. Avoid at all costs.

On a more serious note, everything (except new stuff and preorders) in the Rise of Flight store is 50% off.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I'd pick up I-War 2 if I hadn't placed a moratorium on video game-related spending. I'm assuming that Outcast and Total Annihilation are $2.39 as well, so that's a good price.
    I bought it for the soundtrack (which is quite good, won some awards) despite owning the original game. So think of the game as an extra :)

Total Annihilation was largely obsoleted by Supreme Commander.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Armageddon Empires and Six Gun Saga are both brilliant. Solium Infernum is completely useless unless you happen to have a regular gaming group (that enjoys this type of game) to play it with, as the AI can't play the game at all.
    Last edited by vinraith; 22-09-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Some of Atari's better games are off 60% on GOG this weekend: http://www.gog.com/en/promo/atari_weekend_promo

I picked up the second and third Rollercoaster Tycoon games since I had some trouble getting their disc versions working on Windows 7. They seem to work just fine now and are still great games. Look on the forums for a 'hack' that opens up windowed mode for RCT2.

Perhaps others can highlight some of the other games that might be worth picking up as well.
    Some nice deals here, and it's good to see a flat 60% off for a change.

Master of Orion 1+2 and Master of Magic are top quality strategy games, though I'm sure everyone knows this by now. Master of Orion 2 is probably the best out of the three as it's more in depth than the others, but Master of Magic is definitely far more unique and may be more interesting to play.

Darklands is a good open world sandbox RPG, with a text-based interface for all non-combat interactions. Combat is real-time with pause before it became famous, but with a lack of spell casting due to being historical fantasy (set in medieval Germany).

Colonization is a classic, being somewhere between the first two Civilization games but with a greater focus on resource gathering and manufacturing rather than diplomacy and conquest.

Alone in the Dark 1+2+3 for $2.39 is a pretty good deal if you can handle the terribly dated polygonal graphics and suddenly changing camera angles. They tend to be classed as "survival horror", but to me they are just horror themed action adventure games.

Star Control 1+2 is also a good deal for the second game alone. It may not be the most hardcore of games but it's still quite fun meeting all the different alien races and exploring space.

Hey, everyone: Outcast and Desperados 2. That is all.