Page 275 of 604 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,500 of 12065

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    Just came here to ask about Alpha Protocol. I've never been quite able to get past the screenshots. Really not keen on playing as Generic Secret Agent Bro to go Save The Amurrcan Guvmint, but I've heard the game spoken of highly here. What makes it worth it?
    The story, the character, the dialog, the fact the behind every flaw, there is something innovative or just something cool to back it up.

Just came here to ask about Alpha Protocol. I've never been quite able to get past the screenshots. Really not keen on playing as Generic Secret Agent Bro to go Save The Amurrcan Guvmint, but I've heard the game spoken of highly here. What makes it worth it?
    It's really not entirely about that ( bro saving the amrican gov). It's more about doing what you believe to be the right thing, as a secret agent, in order to save the day. Or not (at some points you can choose not to save the day for the greater good or just for yourself).

You can also customize your look, to a certain degree, to look less like a CoD generic character and even choose game style (stealth, martial expert, shoot everything in you path, etc...).

The biggest downside of this game are bugs and some balance issues, but for 4$ I believe it's well worth the risk.

For four dollars don't even doubt it, buy it. It's an amazing game regardless its flaws.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Anyone know if it goes on Steam or not?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Alpha protcols hacking mini game is like a magic eye puzzle... Horriblething in an otherwise excellent game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    not
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    As it says on the store page, it's DRM free, so no.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Alpha protcols hacking mini game is like a magic eye puzzle... Horriblething in an otherwise excellent game.
    I must say I quite liked it. Hated the wonky mouse control in it though. Hated the wonky mouse control in the game in general of course, but especially in the hacking mini games. For me, the real horror was the lockpicking near the end. Terrific game though, in spite of its semi-severe flaws.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm not a huge fan of Alpha Protocol, but it has some good ideas. You can make your agent look like a disgruntled Montana fly fisherman, which helps with the whole generic agent bit:

The best thing about Alpha Protocol is definitely how the game changes to follow your decisions (even decisions you didn't know you'd made). You can't really change the story, but you can see different sides of it depending on what you do and how you treat people. The in-mission gameplay is pretty bad, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    If you can handle Deus Ex you can handle Alpha Protocol because it's just as awkward. The electronic minigames can be bypassed if you dump three points in... one of the skill trees.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The new X-Com for 23.39 from GetGames, with free soldier decoration pack and copy of Civ 5. Not quite as cheap as GMG was but eh.

Time to cancel the slightly more expensive preorder from Amazon, then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I must say I quite liked it. Hated the wonky mouse control in it though. Hated the wonky mouse control in the game in general of course, but especially in the hacking mini games. For me, the real horror was the lockpicking near the end. Terrific game though, in spite of its semi-severe flaws.
    I'm the same: after initially disliking the minigame I now enjoy it as it can make for some tense situations. Shame about the mouse control though. If only there were some keys, some sort of 'arrow' keys on the right-hand side of the keyboard that could have been used to control thing...

EDIT: Should also have actually said that it's a great game and for that price a no-brainer. The pros far outweigh the cons and there is an imperial fucktonne of replay value.

Both Steam and GamersGate are offering a free copy of Civ V with preorder of XCom, as well

Nice of Gamersgate to give the free Civ V to all pre-orders not just the latest ones. I pre-ordered a month ago and it appeared on my account today I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    If you're from the US, Toys R Us are emptying their PC stock. Skyrim, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, MW3 etc for 9.98. Apparently this started almost two days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    If you're from the US, Toys R Us are emptying their PC stock. Skyrim, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, MW3 etc for 9.98. Apparently this started almost two days ago.
    Interesting. I'll have to go check that out tomorrow. Of course that means I'll have to deal with the nightmare of the traffic around the shopping mall, but so be it for Skyrim for $10.

Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: Oh, it's on their website. Even better.
    Last edited by Kodeen; 04-10-2012 at 03:05 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I'm the same: after initially disliking the minigame I now enjoy it as it can make for some tense situations. Shame about the mouse control though. If only there were some keys, some sort of 'arrow' keys on the right-hand side of the keyboard that could have been used to control thing...
    Wait... Are you saying that you can use the arrow keys or that you should be able to? I'm way too tired to comprehend such nuances. If it works it'll be a godsend for my next playthrough. I've done the "everyone must like me" Thorton and the aggro "I don't give a shit" Thorton, but I'm looking forward to provocative douchebag Thorton.

Now it's back to sleep for me. Shogun 2 and X3: AP keep invading my dreams and somehow wake me up. At least Football Manager leaves me alone at night.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Wait... Are you saying that you can use the arrow keys or that you should be able to? I'm way too tired to comprehend such nuances. If it works it'll be a godsend for my next playthrough. I've done the "everyone must like me" Thorton and the aggro "I don't give a shit" Thorton, but I'm looking forward to provocative douchebag Thorton.

Now it's back to sleep for me. Shogun 2 and X3: AP keep invading my dreams and somehow wake me up. At least Football Manager leaves me alone at night.
    Sorry, that was a little ambiguous and I might have gone and gotten your hopes up. Unless I've missed something (as I don't know if I've ever tried using them) the arrow keys do nothing. It's WASD and Mouse all the way baby!

What about "Kill Everyone" and "Spare (Almost) Everyone" Thorton?

So... Gonomoria is the current deal at https://indiegamestand.com/, being a pay-what-you-want for the next 93 hours. Enjoy! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    So... Gonomoria is the current deal at https://indiegamestand.com/, being a pay-what-you-want for the next 93 hours. Enjoy! ^^
    How is the game? Never heard of this before.