Page 277 of 594 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,540 of 11863

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    @Jellyfish GameFly emailed me a keycode, and I used it to install the game on Steam. No GF client required.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    It's not needed to launch the games, and steamworks games don't need it obviously.
    One would think so. But IIRC, there was at least one DD service which required you to install the client just to get the activation key, hence the question.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    That is ... really not that bad a deal. Do GF require you to install their (presumably) crappy client or can you just grab the key and head off in the direction of this steamy competitor?

Edit:

Well, crap.
    Indeed, too bad.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    IIRC, there was at least one DD service which required you to install the client just to get the activation key, hence the question.
    Gamestop requires you to install their client just to get the Steam code. In Gamefly I could copy the code out of the web interface, without having to install the app.
    Last edited by Revisor; 05-10-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Corrected GMG to Gamestop

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    Greenmangaming requires you to install their client just to get the Steam code. In Gamefly I could copy the code out of the web interface, without having to install the app.
    i believe you have that backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    "Ppa eht llatsni ot gnivah tuohtiw, ecafretni bew eht fo tuo edoc eht ypoc dluoc I Yflemage ni. Edoc Maets eht teg ot tsuj tneilc rieht llatsni ot seriuqer Gnimagnamneerg"? Perhaps, but I'm not quite able to decipher that...

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    GOG has 30 old Activision games 60 % off. I'm wondering whether Vampire: the Masquerade - Redemption is anywhere near as good as Bloodlines? Also, Legend of Grimrock is reduced as well.
    IMHO, no, the two games are very different. I love bloodlines, but gave up about 2 hours into redemption; it's really more of a hack&slash with fairly poor battle mechanics, lack of proper party control, and too much reliance on luck. Can't comment on story as I didn't get too far into it.
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    Oops, you're right, it was Gamestop/ImpulseDriven that forced me to install their client to get the Steam code. GMG is friendly in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    GMG is friendly in this regard.
    I've been really impressed with Greenmangaming in many respects - regularly the cheapest place for pre-release Steam games due to their frequent voucher codes, along with cash back for old games they give you for free, plus they have always got me Steam keys in time for pre-loading where it's supported. Usually one of the first places I check for Steam games.

All of which makes me a little surprised that I have never seen their deals in the Bargain Bucket.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    They instantly replied to my support ticket and solved the issue on a Saturday night, it was almost midnight in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Koobazaur View Post
    but gave up about 2 hours into redemption
    Same here. I really wanted to like Redemption because of the setting, but I found the gameplay obnoxious/boring enough that I gave up a few hours in. Also, I remember character/upgrade customization being somewhat opaque. An "recommended build" option would have been welcome.

Amazon digital deals:

Darksiders 2 - $18.75
    Sleeping Dags - $22.49

Use coupon code OCTOFUN1 to get that price. One use per account, both games are Steamworks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    "Ppa eht llatsni ot gnivah tuohtiw, ecafretni bew eht fo tuo edoc eht ypoc dluoc I Yflemage ni. Edoc Maets eht teg ot tsuj tneilc rieht llatsni ot seriuqer Gnimagnamneerg"? Perhaps, but I'm not quite able to decipher that...
    Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    No! You must not read from the book!

More Amazon deals this weekend, pasted from Amazon's Tony:

OCTOFUN1 will work on all of these for an additional 25% off.
    Through Saturday:

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack - $9.99

Bulletstorm
    Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
    Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
    Mirror's Edge
    The Saboteur

Tomorrow:

Battlefield 3 - $9.99

Sunday-Saturday:

Both of these packs activate on Steam, you’ll get an individual Steam code per game in the pack.

F.E.A.R Ultimate Pack: $9.99

1. Fear

2. Fear 2

3. Fear 3

Batman Arkham Action Pack: $9.99

1. Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY

2. Batman Arkham City

Battlefield 3 for $7.50? That's a good deal, isn't it? I'm guessing it'll require Origin, though...

Yes and yes.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    personally i wouldn't spend a cent on bf3 (it was gifted on release to me), but it's a great price if you're the slightest bit interested.

GMG offers $10 credit to US folks who buy XCOM (available after launch).
    They also started distributing the US keys for the game.

Also remember that you can review games for store credit - 0.25 per review, or 1.00 if you're the first. You don't have to own the title to review it.

And finally, they have a shitload of games on sale. Has anyone paid attention to the trade-in amounts over time? I'm sure you can buy some of these and either get your money back later or sell them back for a (minor but still counts) profit.

The new Groupees Bundle 5 is out:

http://groupees.com/bm5
    Great Search Engine for Game bargains:
    http://isthereanydeal.com/?by=price:asc

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    GMG offers $10 credit to US folks who buy XCOM (available after launch).
    They also started distributing the US keys for the game.
    I m in France and I got mine this morning for pre-loading, so check your mails.