Page 281 of 570 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,620 of 11393

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Really big sky is pay what you want on https://indiegamestand.com/

Its a twin stick shooter where you smash through planets. Its fast, fun and it changes based on how you play and what unlocks you choose. TBs WTF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJp1S74xwmo

Ubisoft weekend promo on gog.com:

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/ubisoft_...romo_12_10_12/

I succumbed and bought Might and Magic 7. Happy times!

Network Hub
    Sherlock holmes is cheap on Steam in the Focus sale. Any recommendations from RPS? How do they play? Are they hidden object affairs or more story driven like say, Syberia or Dreamfall? Most reviews seem to say "they're a bit meh".

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TomxJ View Post
    Sherlock holmes is cheap on Steam in the Focus sale. Any recommendations from RPS? How do they play? Are they hidden object affairs or more story driven like say, Syberia or Dreamfall? Most reviews seem to say "they're a bit meh".
    This is worth a read if you haven't already:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...erlock-holmes/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Worth remembering that The Settlers 2 is also in the GOG Ubisoft sale ($4), if you want to have some glorious, happy-feeling, older gaming - http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/the_settlers_2_gold_edition

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Worth remembering that The Settlers 2 is also in the GOG Ubisoft sale ($4), if you want to have some glorious, happy-feeling, older gaming - http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/the_settlers_2_gold_edition
    10th anniversary replaces the game entirely in my mind, but then that's not on gog drm free.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    10th anniversary replaces the game entirely in my mind, but then that's not on gog drm free.
    There is that, and I wish GOG had the tenth anniversary edition. But for $4 I don't mind buying one now and getting the other one if the planets happen to align and it appears in the future. I mean, I now own 4 copies of FarCry 2 (although techincally I've given away the one that came with my graphics card) so I'd have no problem buying the remake of a game I already own.

USians and Canadians can get a free game of $20 or less on Origin if you use the code OS3874XVC at checkout.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    USians and Canadians can get a free game of $20 or less on Origin if you use the code OS3874XVC at checkout.
    Seems to be destroying the Origin store. Pity, I was just about to use it on Orcs Must Die 2. Also of note: Arkham City, Bastion, Alan Wake 1.5
    Last edited by sabrage; 13-10-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Seems to be destroying the Origin store. Pity, I was just about to use it on Orcs Must Die 2. Also of note: Arkham City, Bastion, Alan Wake 1.5
    I just used it a few minutes ago, so it's being a little spotty. Note, I think it might be restricted to EA games.

Blur is 4 pounds on Gamefly right now. Others like Driver SF are also pretty cheap

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDavies View Post
    Blur is 4 pounds on Gamefly right now. Others like Driver SF are also pretty cheap
    Both are brilliant games - Blur is a bit better with other people (and there are seldom other people to play against) but I found it's single-player campaign to be pretty decent too.

Driver:SF is the best arcade driving games since Burnout 2 or the original NFS:MW - it's THAT good.

Network Hub
    Any other suggestions for the Origin deal? The site is being a serious PITA to actually find anything due to the traffic.

Shame they don't have Torchlight 2 (if the deal would work on that).

Edit: I'm actually kind of shocked. Apparently they only have 293 games on the service, including DLC, about 50 of which are packs for Ultima Online.
    Last edited by arccos; 13-10-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by arccos View Post
    Any other suggestions for the Origin deal?
    See this list

http://slickdeals.net/f/5325376-Stil...tore-EA-Store?

So mad at the Gamefly site right now, because it isn't saving my card's number properly so I can't buy the game. It was pretty hard to get it to buy Spec Ops last week and I am not going through that again now. Oh well.

Any other suggestions for the Origin deal? The site is being a serious PITA to actually find anything due to the traffic.
    I used it to get DA2. Somehow I think the claims of that game raping the mothers of all who play it may not actually be true. Worth a gamble for no monies, anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I got the first Crysis and made a second Origin account to get the BC2 Vietnam DLC, as it's just a 16-digit code.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I got the first Crysis and made a second Origin account to get the BC2 Vietnam DLC, as it's just a 16-digit code.
    And I ganked Mass Effect the first. Not sure if or when I will ever play it. Pretty much everything I have on Origin I've received for free somehow. The first several games were bought using a similar discount code that I got for answering surveys on environmentalism, or something. So much for not devaluing your brands, EA!

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Wow. I imagine there's a good chance these keys will be revoked, but it's fairly simple to get every game on that list for free without much effort. I just got five, well, because. Origin should probably get around to correcting this. As for now, it's a bonanza over there.