Page 282 of 543 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,640 of 10841

Thread: PC Bargains

Activated Node
    I'm going to echo Alms post from a few pages back, because the deal is live now and it really is quite the deal...

This is going to be available next Sunday on Amazon:

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition + DLC
    Supreme Commander 2
    Hitman Blood Money
    The Last Remnant
    Just Cause
    Just Cause 2
    Quantum Conundrum

+10% off Hitman Absolution for people who buy this bundle, or who have purchased those games from us in the past.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Wow. I imagine there's a good chance these keys will be revoked, but it's fairly simple to get every game on that list for free without much effort. I just got five, well, because. Origin should probably get around to correcting this. As for now, it's a bonanza over there.
    It was a hell of a lot worse yesterday morning. It applied to an entire cartful of games under $20 rather than just a single one, for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwout View Post
    I'm going to echo Alms post from a few pages back, because the deal is live now and it really is quite the deal...
    And this is the link http://www.amazon.com/Absolutely-Gre.../dp/B009PNLAAW
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    To celebrate it's 4th year, World of Goo is 80% off on Steam. The price is now a meagre €1,79. Definitely recommended if you're at all interested in physics-based puzzle games.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Wow. I imagine there's a good chance these keys will be revoked, but it's fairly simple to get every game on that list for free without much effort. I just got five, well, because. Origin should probably get around to correcting this. As for now, it's a bonanza over there.
    I was worried that they might do that, so I only got the one game. If they revoke that I'll be pissed.

I picked up the Square Pack because I figured it was a great deal, but there are some games I'm not interested in. I currently have steam codes for Just Cause 1 and Supreme Commander 2. If anyone wants them send me a pm through the forum. It would be nice if anyone has other codes to offer me, but if not I'll just give them out for free.

Edit: Codes already given away to 2 lucky guys.
    Last edited by SirDavies; 16-10-2012 at 01:42 PM.

I picked up the Square Pack because I figured it was a great deal, but there are some games I'm not interested in. I currently have steam codes for Just Cause 1 and Supreme Commander 2.
    I've already got it.. but I thought that SupCom2 was actually pretty decent... are you just not a fan of RTS? or just didn't like that particular game as much?

I've got SupCom2 from an earlier Squeenix bundle, but I haven't even touched it yet. How would you say it suits someone whose only experience with RTS is Age of Empires 2?

Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    [/COLOR]I've already got it.. but I thought that SupCom2 was actually pretty decent... are you just not a fan of RTS? or just didn't like that particular game as much?
    I'm just not much of a fan of RTS games. There are exceptions, but they are very few.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I've got SupCom2 from an earlier Squeenix bundle, but I haven't even touched it yet. How would you say it suits someone whose only experience with RTS is Age of Empires 2?
    It gets a lot of flak from players of the original, because despite a lot of common mechanics the games have very different feel to them.

That said, I think SupCom2 stands on its own as a very good, and quite clever RTS. If you don't have much RTS experience there are a few big draws:

-The research tree gives you a decent idea as to what you should be building- if you invest in the air tree, you should be mostly building air. If you're investing in your Commander unit, use it more aggressively. If you want to turtle buy defensive buildings from the building tree.
    - The interface is very nice, in that you can hold down shift and queue up any number of buildings and unit orders. Production can be organised easily into looping queues. It reduces the stress of micromanagement.
    - You get very large death robots with enormous lasers- the Experimental class of unit are very large, very powerful, and the game doesn't hold you back from getting some out in a reasonable time. Huge robots. Huge guns. Very big explosions.
    - It's one of the best skirmish games in town. Big maps with large player counts lead to massive battles. The AI is very solid at higher levels, and customises well. Make yourself a team with a bunch of AIs against another bunch of AIs- heaps of fun.

Why you might not want it:
    - The campaign is not that great. They try to do a whole character driven story and you'll end up wishing they wouldn't. The missions themselves are fine, but nothing to write home about. Best to stick to skirmish.
    - In many ways it's a classic base building RTS in that there's a lot going on, and there's always something you should be doing. Not everyone likes that non-stop style of play.

I would go for it. There's a lot to be said for booting up a skirmish against some easy AIs and building an impregnable base behind which you produce an army of giant death robots to scour the map, and there's a pretty deep game to learn if you decide you really like it.

The Bard's Tale is 75% off on Steam, and now includes the original games.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41900/

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDavies View Post
    I picked up the Square Pack because I figured it was a great deal, but there are some games I'm not interested in. I currently have steam codes for Just Cause 1 and Supreme Commander 2. If anyone wants them send me a pm through the forum. It would be nice if anyone has other codes to offer me, but if not I'll just give them out for free.
    On the note of this deal, those that missed it can use a 25% coupon towards something else in their store. No Borderlands 2, or XCOM though. The code is: SQRLUVOC

US amazon only, I presume?

I just noticed that a boxed copy of Dishonored is a whopping $20 more expensive in the US store than in the UK store. $60 versus 25. How did the Brits get such a great deal?

A new Indie Royale is up. Currently under 3 for that game that made John Cry 'To The Moon' and the latest in the Blackwell series plus AVSEQ, Oil Rush and Reprisal. Looks worth it for To The Moon alone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Grabbed the indie royal straight away. Awesome mix of things.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I wanted "To The Moon" and "Reprisal", and the last game of the Blackwell series was the only one I was missing. So... Yay! ^^

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradePenguin View Post
    Currently under 3 for that game that made John Cry 'To The Moon' and the latest in the Blackwell series plus AVSEQ, Oil Rush and Reprisal. Looks worth it for To The Moon alone.
    But To The Moon is an un-game!

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    But To The Moon is an un-game!
    Un-game is such a stupid word. People need to accept that a lot of words don't have strict definitions, but are just containers for a number of historically linked objects.

Anyone heard of Dawn of Fantasy (or better yet... played it?)

It's currently 5.99 on Desura, and I'm intrigued enough to take a punt
    (http://www.desura.com/games/dawn-of-fantasy)
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Activated Node
    Dawn of Fantasy is in the second Greenlight bundle and can be had with a bunch of other games for anything over $5. No idea if it's any good though.