Page 299 of 603 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,980 of 12045

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    The Season Pass isn't a Season Pass - it's a pre-order of 2 bits of DLC unavailable as yet.

The DLC already out there is NOT included in it...
    How is this thing called a Season Pass then? Blarghh...there seem to be more items/DLC NOT included in the Season Pass than included.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by renhoelder View Post
    How is this thing called a Season Pass then? Blarghh...there seem to be more items/DLC NOT included in the Season Pass than included.
    There are 3 "proper" bits of DLC out now - one of those "Abyssal Forge" is part of the Season Pass I think.

The rest of the DLCs are armour and weapons and animations and shit - all pointless set dressing and bollocks.

Of the other 2 - "Death Rides" was a freebie if you ordered from THQ and adds content into the story so if you're a completist, you need that upfront. The other one, "Argul's Tomb" was a preorder bonus and adds endgame stuff.

I really do despise this 'bits and pieces' approach to DLC tho - worst offenders being JC2, SR3 and this. Stop trying to nickel-and-dime people - it actively deters me from buying and playing you game, knowing that I might end-up with only 80% of the game or having to spend silly amounts on extras.

See also Dirt3 and it's GFWL exclusive hugely-overpriced DLC which is included in your progress stats even if you don't own it (e.g. you cannot "complete" the game unless you buy it - err - fuck off).

p.s. I noticed GG sell the other DLC but haven't discounted it for some reason? The SP may well be worth having at this price tho - it's 2/3rds the price of Abyssal Forge in Steam alone...
    Last edited by trjp; 13-11-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    and....

Darksiders II is the Steam Midweek deal - a bit cheaper than GG too (tho the same discount - 66%)

DLC NOT on sale tho - at least not yet (perhaps it will update)!?

Amusingly it offers over 35's worth of DLC for a game with RRP of 29.99 but which is just 10.20 today - erm...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I wouldn't be jumping on buying any season pass for Darksiders 2 with THQs future hanging in the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    and....

Darksiders II is the Steam Midweek deal - a bit cheaper than GG too (tho the same discount - 66%)
    Same price in the US for both sites, 66% off of $50 for a price of $17. Sounds like one of those stores is having fun with regional pricing for you guys.

GMG have Battlefield 3 Premium Edition for 37% off at 24.99.

That's over 10 cheaper than the premium upgrade by itself.. I wonder how Origin would deal with registering the Premium Edition if I already have the regular edition on my account. Anyone tried it?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by clorax View Post
    GMG have Battlefield 3 Premium Edition for 37% off at 24.99.

That's over 10 cheaper than the premium upgrade by itself.. I wonder how Origin would deal with registering the Premium Edition if I already have the regular edition on my account. Anyone tried it?
    Also note that the 25% off code works with this, so its down to about 19. I'm sorely tempted by this, has anyone tried Armored Kill?

The 25% off code:
    GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S

Quote Originally Posted by Firewhisper View Post
    Also note that the 25% off code works with this, so its down to about 19. I'm sorely tempted by this, has anyone tried Armored Kill?

The 25% off code:
    GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S
    Rush mode was broken when Armoured Kill launched due to the AC-130 being hilariously overpowered. They tried to fix it, but I haven't played in a while so I can't comment on that. Conquest is immense fun though.

Ok well I went ahead and bought it, it actually gives you two keys to register on Origin, one for vanilla Battlefield 3 and one for the premium upgrade.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clorax View Post
    Ok well I went ahead and bought it, it actually gives you two keys to register on Origin, one for vanilla Battlefield 3 and one for the premium upgrade.
    OOOH, I might do this and sell on the spare key for a trade, good catch.... Now to see if i can wash off the shame of being "premium".
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I wouldn't be jumping on buying any season pass for Darksiders 2 with THQs future hanging in the balance.
    GG's price for the Season Pass was cheaper than Steam's price for the 1 bit of DLC that pass gives you (at least I think it does) which is out already tho

Unless they remove 'released' DLC from the Season Pass once it's out - I wouldn't put it past them...

The whole DLC thing puts-me-off buying DSII despite the fact I LOVED DS to bits...

Obscure Node
    All the Crusader Kings II dlc is 75% off at gamersgate (not the new one though). Nice!

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/offers (This is for Gamersgate version only)
    Last edited by Kingmarzo; 15-11-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingmarzo View Post
    All the Crusader Kings II dlc is 75% off at gamersgate (not the new one though). Nice!

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/offers
    I almost bought Sword of Islam and Legacy of Rome yesterday, good job I waited.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    I almost bought Sword of Islam and Legacy of Rome yesterday, good job I waited.
    Same here but I decided to wait for the new dlc in case they did some sort of deal.

Green man gaming offers the same deal + 25% coupon (GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S).

Obscure Node
    When I checked and posted earlier it wasn't on there :(

Network Hub
    I had to buy each of the DLC individually in order to get the 25% off each.

And then my credit card started declining GMG after the second transaction :(

Network Hub

The dlc is for gamersegate version only, mind you. Well, it was just a couple of euros anyway :P

Awesomenauts is having a free Steam weekend and half off sale. The "click here" link on the Steam store page adds it to your game list but does not start the install or download as it suggests.

AirMech is also on Steam now, F2P, but apparently not out of beta yet.