Page 313 of 541 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363413 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 10816

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space is pay-what-you-want from Indie Games Stand tomorrow, and for a few days after. Has anyone played it - any opinions beyond "looks a bit like FTL"?
    There's a demo, as I recall. I also recall it not making much of an impression on me, seemed like fluff. As others have said, it's nothing like FTL.
    Last edited by vinraith; 03-12-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space is fun. It's meant to be a casual version of the 'Epic Space Game', and succeeds. You fly around and have adventures and collect stuff and random encounterize until your time runs out. There are mods for it which are also fun, and one in particular that I enjoyed that added a 'Major Quest' for those that need more direction in their lives. I don't remember the name of the mod at the moment.
    It's usually a lot more than a dollar. It also has perty music.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    If you buy the bonuses on Indiegamestand at just under $2 you get a pack of fan favourite mods too plus some extra stuff like music and art

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    OK, seriously: What's the reasoning behind EA's ridiculous regional pricing policy?

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    There's a demo, as I recall. I also recall it not making much of an impression on me, seemed like fluff. As others have said, it's nothing like FTL.
    There's a demo indeed (strangely not on Desura): http://www.infinitespacegames.com/weirdworlds/

PS:

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    If you buy the bonuses on Indiegamestand at just under $2 you get a pack of fan favourite mods too plus some extra stuff like music and art
    I suppose existing customers get the update too. I have them on my desura page.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    As an alternative to the demo, the first game, Strange Adventures in Infinite Space, is available for free download. It delivers less content than the sequel, but if you find yourself enjoying it at all then you'd probably like Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I suppose existing customers get the update too. I have them on my desura page.
    Correction, the update Digital Eel talks about (v1.3) is not new at all - so, it seems we're not getting the extras.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Gamersgate has their second week of holiday deals up. Of particular note is their indie "space suit" bundle, whose $4 price tag is more than justified solely by the presence of the outstanding Hegemony: Gold.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Big sale on Steam (again) for their Big Picture feature. Supposedly these games are selected due to being 'fantastic with a controller'. Anyway, there's quite a large variety of games to be found: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/big_picture_release

Not sure how this works; I'm guessing the games will remain on sale through December 10th as there doesn't seem to be any daily specials involved.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

apart from geometry wars, about which I was wondering why I hadn't bought it already, what jumps out at me in that steam big picture sale is Sine Mora. I heard good things about it, what's the opinion of the RPS community on it?

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    apart from geometry wars, about which I was wondering why I hadn't bought it already, what jumps out at me in that steam big picture sale is Sine Mora. I heard good things about it, what's the opinion of the RPS community on it?
    Seems like a perfect candidate for the Big Picture feature IMO. There's a demo available on Steam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sine Mora is really great if you like tough arcade-ish games. I really like it.

Network Hub
    Anybody fancy splitting the two pack of Orcs Must Die 2 Complete? that would make it about 3.50 each in the UK.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I had no idea Retro Evolved had a PC port. That's a fantastic little game, provided you're not already burnt out on twin-sticks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I had no idea Retro Evolved had a PC port. That's a fantastic little game, provided you're not already burnt out on twin-sticks.
    It's not the most brilliant PC port ever made and that's all I'm saying...

Also - Big Picture and Train Simulator - that's another sort of controller they have in mind then :)

Gamersgate... the outstanding Hegemony: Gold.
    Hmm. I've never played anything like this, but Armchair General says it's got a good tutorial system. Sold, I think; will see how I feel in the morning.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Hmm. I've never played anything like this, but Armchair General says it's got a good tutorial system. Sold, I think; will see how I feel in the morning.
    I remember playing the demo on Steam ...just sayin'.

Thanks, should have time for that tonight.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

It's a good game, but ultimately too stressful for me. I wish there was more possibility for static defenses and your units' AI was a bit cleverer. As it is, you have to micromanage your stuff all the time and if I want that, I can just play some Starcraft (I don't play Starcraft anymore).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    It's a good game, but ultimately too stressful for me. I wish there was more possibility for static defenses and your units' AI was a bit cleverer. As it is, you have to micromanage your stuff all the time and if I want that, I can just play some Starcraft (I don't play Starcraft anymore).
    Yeah, you can pause it so it's not a twitch game in that sense but the amount of harrasment that occurs ensures it would be if you wern't able to pause it. There's rarely a moment to breathe and consolidate, it's pretty much just endless challenge, it's not about the more sedate pleasures of empire building. I feel like there are games which require as much investment which give a far greater reward, it's pretty hardcore. It's also symptomatic of the "me" agaisnt the world stategy game variety which I find a lot less appealiing to a one with good diplomacy and relational mechanics.

Has some really good ideas though, it's defintiley worth it for the asking price if you're into serious strategy.