Page 339 of 577 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,780 of 11523

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Like I said, he gets better. Really. I promise.
    The interesting thing is less him and his sister but his relationship with David (the marquis). With English voices it sounds like they're friends, BFFs, bros. With English subtitles it reads like they're "friends". Y'know, likes his toast done on three sides. Still picking up twigs in the springtime.

For reference (skip to 07:30):

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Decided to get it because I wanted to see a more modern take on a PC JRPG and there's a decided dearth around for the already stated reasons.

The main character reminds me of that Naruto kid in the limited time I've played it so far.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    The Last Remnant is a flawed gem and a very interesting game.

It is NOT, however, a modern take on a JRPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    The Last Remnant is a flawed gem and a very interesting game.

It is NOT, however, a modern take on a JRPG.
    I don't play too many JRPG's so I'll take your word for it but the graphics sure look a lot nicer than the ones I've played in the past.

I'm talking like the last time I owned a console which would've been a Sega Genesis.

The $5 coupon for editors list in Amazon is now live!

Editor's Choice 2012

Hotline Miami - $2.49 after coupon
    Dark Souls - $12.99 after coupon
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    I don't play too many JRPG's so I'll take your word for it but the graphics sure look a lot nicer than the ones I've played in the past.

I'm talking like the last time I owned a console which would've been a Sega Genesis.
    Excellent, I hope you enjoy it. Here's a link to the obligatory PC tweaks - http://lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/PC_Tweaking - and if you have screen tearing issues then just forcing v-sync through drivers has always worked for me (the in-game frame rate limited does nothing).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Heads up to everyone with a Best Buy (so... Americans :p), you can get CoD: Modern Warfare 3 for 20 dollars today. I did an online order and I'll in-store pick-up after work, but I imagine you can probably just walk in if you don't care (or get it delivered with free shipping if you trust them to use UPS).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    The $5 coupon for editors list in Amazon is now live!

Editor's Choice 2012

Hotline Miami - $2.49 after coupon
    Dark Souls - $12.99 after coupon
    Simply select one to purchase, click "Buy and Download", enter the promotional code that Amazon emailed to you, and your discount will be applied. Having trouble finding the email? Try searching for "Your Amazon Promotional Credit" in your email inbox.

Yeah, that doesn't solve much - I received dozens of them in the last few weeks.
    I like Amazon's deals but they can be very messy sometimes. Is it so hard to change the e-mail title based on the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Simply select one to purchase, click "Buy and Download", enter the promotional code that Amazon emailed to you, and your discount will be applied. Having trouble finding the email? Try searching for "Your Amazon Promotional Credit" in your email inbox.

Yeah, that doesn't solve much - I received dozens of them in the last few weeks.
    I like Amazon's deals but they can be very messy sometimes. Is it so hard to change the e-mail title based on the deal?
    As long as you are sure you qualify for the discount, it should apply it automatically to the purchase. I didn't need to enter any code.

And, yeah, this after wasting time looking for the email.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I bought ME3 Deluxe and The Secret World.

I just made a TSW account and the confirmation page says that I have the Initiate Pack, Blood Raven, weaponry set, and faction leather jackets. These were supposed to be available for free only for those that registered by 31/12.
    They have to be claimed from the item store after a character is created, hopefully they'll still be available!

Also Kingdom of Amalur Complete Bundle is 9.99 after coupon. For some reason its not in the Editor's choice list.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    With the coupon Battlefield 3: Spoilt Brat (premium) is 13ish.

Should I care? Does it add enough awesome?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    As long as you are sure you qualify for the discount, it should apply it automatically to the purchase. I didn't need to enter any code.

And, yeah, this after wasting time looking for the email.
    I'm pretty sure I should have the email but can't find it and I'm not getting the discount - which is a shame because it's the first chance of Dark Souls for under my benchmark 10

Hey ho - I counted-up my backlog today and it's 89 games (that I've either not touched or not gotten my money's-worth from yet) - so I can wait :)

What's Chester? Ooh, that looks interesting (if visually damaging!!) - 88... ;)

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post

The premium stuff itself is mostly silly things like weapon camos, but the expansions add great new maps and quite a few weapons, so I'd say it's completely worth it if you lack some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post

You've mentioned not liking the game and the premium stuff probably won't change that. It adds some tiny maps, some normal maps, some enormous maps, an AC130 gunship, a version of GunGame, and entirely too many weapons. I haven't booted up Aftermath yet, but I know it added a crossbow. You like crossbows?

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I'm pretty sure I should have the email but can't find it and I'm not getting the discount - which is a shame because it's the first chance of Dark Souls for under my benchmark 10
    While lurking over at the Amazon sale thread on CAG I noticed that it can take a while for everyone to find it active on their accounts. I experienced the same for the THQ discount.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post

Hey ho - I counted-up my backlog today and it's 89 games (that I've either not touched or not gotten my money's-worth from yet) - so I can wait :)

What's Chester? Ooh, that looks interesting (if visually damaging!!) - 88... ;)
    Can you buy the same game twice in Amazon? If yes, I can help you out if your interested.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    You like crossbows?
    I loved the one in BF2: Spec Forces, that shot zipwires... I'm guessing this is a boring regular one? I watched the video that said it had 3 ammo types (including a tracking beacon or some sort)... I am a huge battlefield head, but BF3 had some kind of fanboy re-pulser ray by stopping me cruising around in maps with my son with no other players and by adding swearing to the soldiers ambient chatter.

The gungame mode sounded quite fun, but unfortunately would get ruined by clanner types teaming up despite the reputed "free for all"-ness of it all.

I will need to think on this.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    I'm a total fanboy, but I agree that the excessive swearing is quite silly. It adds nothing to the game. The crossbow has 4 ammot types: Ordinary bolts that are a 1hk at closer ranges, an explosive bolt, a scan bolt (that works similar to the t-ugs) and a "balanced bolt" that has lower damage than the ordinary bolt but also less dropoff and higher velocity (don't think too much). The crossbow can be used by all classes and goes in one of the gadget slots, so it mixes things up a bit, giving recon a way to deal with vehicles and such. In the end though, it's mostly a toy and isn't used by the tryhards. The expansions don't fundamentally change the game (though they do shift the focus arounda bit, what with the close quarters maps vs the huge maps in armored kill), and if you don't already like it, chances are they won't change your mind. For someone like me though, who enjoys the game greatly, they add a lot of value.

Been looking at some of the upcoming Amazon deals for those with the 5$ coupon and beginning to regret not having one myself.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"