Page 345 of 609 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395445 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,900 of 12161

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Yes, it has a decent campaign and the graphics and atmosphere are spectacular.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    Is it decent singleplayer-wise?
    Probably, if you like RTS campaigns in general. It's quite a fresh take on the genre and, as SirKicksalot said, presentation-wise it's ace. It's slower paced than Blizzard-style RTS games and is more about deception than APM. The story and especially the cutscenes are incredibly generic, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I just got Spec Ops: The Line for $2.50, I know my bank charges me to convert currency but it's not much... So that's like 1.54 plus their charge. Amazon US has it on sale at $7.50 and I had $5 credit from when I bought Scribblenauts Unlimited.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    sorry to hit this point again, which DLCs are those?
    For example Mission Mojave (one of the best fixes for the game) requires Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road and Gun Runners' Arsenal DLCs.

Network Hub
    Heroes of Might and Magic 6 is on sale on gamersgate for 12 euros: link but I'd like to check a few things first.

Do I get a steam key? Is the game on the level of HMM5? What is the "gold" version?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    Heroes of Might and Magic 6 is on sale on gamersgate for 12 euros: link but I'd like to check a few things first.

Do I get a steam key? Is the game on the level of HMM5? What is the "gold" version?
    No steam key. I haven't played 6 yet, but I've heard some good things about it. I believe it's considered to be better, but I don't know for sure. Gold version seems to be two "adventure packs" and a new map.

Network Hub
    Thanks!

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post

The game registers on Uplay, but you can't activate it the same way you activate a game on Stem. You'll need to install it first and than activate it (you can download it later from there though).

Also worth mentioning is the the game don't have an always on-line DRM, but some features are only available if you are connected. But IIRC it's "fixed" in one of the patches, which brings me to another issue - the patching! I think the game's version these days is 1.9, but uPlay won't patch straight away to the latest version. It only patches to the "next" version, which means you need to start the game like 20 times (give and take) untill you reach the current versions.

Other than those technical issues it's a very got HOMM game.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    RUSE is 2,5 on Steam. Buy it.
    i would if the DLC's were included. seems i'm gonna hold out a little longer :)

Quote Originally Posted by cptgone View Post
    i would if the DLC's were included. seems i'm gonna hold out a little longer :)
    They are not really needed to enjoy the game, and they are quite cheap, but yes, I understand your position. :-/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    RUSE also had free DLC that added maps, game modes and units.

If you hurry, you can get Sleeping Dogs at 91% off for $4.49 on Steam. Just bought it for my girlfriend. It works!

I have this feeling that it's not supposed to be. So again, do hurry.

Wow. Cheers for that heads up johnki.

Sleeping Dogs for a fiver, not bad at all!

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    If you hurry, you can get Sleeping Dogs at 91% off for $4.49 on Steam. Just bought it for my girlfriend. It works!

THANK YOU! Bought it and am processing the cheap DLC:s now. Never seen Steam pull a Gamersgate before. I wonder how they'll handle it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    if you hurry, you can get sleeping dogs at 91% off for $4.49 on steam. Just bought it for my girlfriend. It works!

-66%
    add to cart

:'(
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    I got it for 91% off. I'm prepared for them to take it away as it was clearly a big mistake. In the UK at least there are laws that protect retailers from people taking advantage of pricing errors. It's up to Valve how they handle it. I can't imagine Square Enix will be too pleased.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DickSocrates View Post
    I got it for 91% off. I'm prepared for them to take it away as it was clearly a big mistake. In the UK at least there are laws that protect retailers from people taking advantage of pricing errors. It's up to Valve how they handle it. I can't imagine Square Enix will be too pleased.
    As far as UK law is concerned, I'm unaware of any law which protects a retailer against their own mistakes.

if an item is offered at set price and a retailer accepts money (e.g. charges your card/takes money from PayPal or whatever) then the item is yours.

It's upto the retailer to ensure that sale prices are correct BEFORE accepting money from you - advertising an item at a price means nothing (e.g. pricing mistakes are not legally enforceable) but once money changes hands (I believe the legal term is proferring) then a contract is in place and they have an obligation to provide the goods.

The exact moment of 'proffer' is probably not that well defined when it comes to online/mail-order shopping tho - I know that when a UK retailer sold TVs for 25 each they took a lot of orders and then refunded everyone - someone tried to take them to court and the court said "Honest mistake" (on the basis the buyer would have KNOWN it was one) - I'm not sure that applies here tho!?

Of course they could claim "no stock" but if they're still offering the item at a higher price that's clearly a lie

All that said - you'd have to take them to court which isn't likely to be worthwhile in most cases - but if Steam took money, gave you a game and then refunded money and took back the game, you'd have a case for UK Trading Standards at least because that's dishonest and probably illegal.
    Last edited by trjp; 05-01-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DickSocrates View Post
    I purchased the Borderlands 2 season pass while it was mispriced on Steam - They didn't take it away (and I haven't heard of others who purchased during that period losing it), so chances are you'll get to keep it.

Gamersgate did force refunds on BL2 4-packs and the Bethesda new years bundle, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Gamersgate did force refunds on BL2 4-packs and the Bethesda new years bundle, though.
    To my understanding: Only if the transaction had not completed. As in, you did not get issued a serial key.

Steam automatically issues the serial. ALthough, I guess they can mandatory refund any gift purchases that haven't been redeemed.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.