Page 349 of 569 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399449 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,980 of 11364

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    The Steam version of KoA never goes on sale because it was self-published. The Origin version is on sale all the time.
    Ah right, fair enough! I saw some talk in this winter's Steam sale thread about KoA never going on sale - I suppose that explains it. All is well then!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Network Hub
    25% off preorder games at Green Man Gaming.

The above is a referral link. Follow it and register to get us both free money.

Not a referral link

Use this voucher:GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1

Last edited by Wengart; 11-01-2013 at 12:18 AM.

what's going on on GMG BTW?

I was almost going to buy Blood Money for 1.60 € (1.99 € + discount code), and then all exploded, when it started working again Blood Money had been increased to 4.99 € and Deus Ex (which was 1.99 € too), to 2.99 €.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by Fredie007 View Post
    Yeah, normally you can only register a game to your Uplay-account after you download and install it. Turns out there is a way to do it without the downloading part though.

Open up the Windows command line and move into the directory where Uplay is installed, the command to do it should look something like this:
    Code:
    cd "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft Game Launcher"
    Once you're inside that directory, run the following command:
    Code:
    Uplay.exe -upc_uplay_id 93
    That command will start Uplay and show you a screen with a big button in the upper left corner (I can't quite remember what it said) that, once clicked, will allow you to input your key for I Am Alive and link the game to your account. The number 93 can be changed for any other number on this list to start the same procedure for all other Uplay titles.
    Doesn't seem to work for me, just regularly opens uPlay. :-S Thanks, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by byteCrunch View Post
    perhaps I have overly fond memories of Imperialism after playing it a lot in my youth.
    Is that a Queen Elizabeth II quote?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Doesn't seem to work for me, just regularly opens uPlay. :-S Thanks, anyway!
    You can add -upc_uplay_id XX as a parameter to a Uplay shortcut. That's how it worked for me today. In W7, right-click a shortcut and in the target field add a space, paste that command and add the number from the list linked earlier. My target field looked like this in order to add GRFS:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Bearing in mind the above 25% discount at GMG, the new Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed is obtainable for 13.50 from GMG with 35% off (25% + 10% pre-order). This is cheaper than Steam's current pre-order pricing (just 10% off), although 5p more expensive than the Steam 4-pack.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    You can add -upc_uplay_id XX as a parameter to a Uplay shortcut. That's how it worked for me today. In W7, right-click a shortcut and in the target field add a space, paste that command and add the number from the list linked earlier. My target field looked like this in order to add GRFS:
    Tried that too, but... No luck. :-/ Still, thanks! ^^

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Tried that too, but... No luck. :-/ Still, thanks! ^^
    Only works for some games (and even those don't seem to activate correctly).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Dragon Age Pack (1 Complete + 2) for $13 on Amazon
    If you bought a downloadable game on Amazon in the last months, you'll get a $5 discount in the checkout.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Only works for some games (and even those don't seem to activate correctly).
    I tried with Assassin's Creed II (Steam), but that button didn't appear anywhere. :-(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    I tried with Assassin's Creed II (Steam), but that button didn't appear anywhere. :-(
    Yeah. I am pretty sure those app IDs are, just that, the app IDs. So none of the Steam ones work, but most of the non-steam ones pop up. But those seem to only accept certain versions of the keys, so yeah...
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Yeah. I am pretty sure those app IDs are, just that, the app IDs. So none of the Steam ones work, but most of the non-steam ones pop up. But those seem to only accept certain versions of the keys, so yeah...
    Oh, OK, thanks... That explains it. ^^

Activated Node
    Yeah, this method will obviously only work for keys you are supposed to activate through Uplay, so no keys obtained through Steam or boxed copies of for example Far Cry 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Morrowind with expansions, Oblivion GoTY and Skyrim with Dawnguard and Hearthfire is 20.61 from GAME.co.uk. Download, that is which you can find here.

Also Darksiders 1 + 2 + DLC is available at Amazon for 8.18 here.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Also Darksiders 1 + 2 + DLC is available at Amazon for 8.18
    Or 5ish if you have an editors choice voucher I think.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

So, get games is having a Ubisoft sale, stars include Anno 2070 for 7.99 and TOM CAPITAL’S SPLINTER LETTERS CONVICTION for 2.71, a word on Anno 2070 if you will, is any of the DLC/Expansion content worthwhile/essential?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Most of the Anno 2070 DLC is pretty superfluous, but that doesn't mean its useless or bad. Check out the Anno 2070 Wikia DLC article for details and an idea of which ones might be worth getting.

I bought it all in one go on Steam, so I'm not really up to speed on each individual DLC, but the following are probably worth checking out: The "Nordamark Series" package includes the Lighthouse building, which allows you to toggle the time of day between dawn, noon, dusk and night. The "Central Statistics" package includes the Central Statistics building, which gives you a comprehensive global overview of income, production, costs, energy usage etc.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Most of the Anno 2070 DLC is pretty superfluous, but that doesn't mean its useless or bad. Check out the Anno 2070 Wikia DLC article for details and an idea of which ones might be worth getting.
    Hur.... I'll download the 2070 demo, not sure any of the dlc floats my boat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Hur.... I'll download the 2070 demo, not sure any of the dlc floats my boat.
    The expansion's pretty meaty, the other DLC is pretty much fluff from what I can tell.