Page 383 of 594 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393433483 ... LastLast
Results 7,641 to 7,660 of 11871

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    and that's just £6.99 in Empire money :)

Limited keys tho so get in there

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    DS2 is 9.99 € (vs 16.99 € on Steam/EU2) on GetGames

http://getgamesgo.com/product/darksiders-ii
    10$ for non-Europeans!

My guess is that DS2 is going to be on sale at other sites (GMG or Gamersgate), so it might worth waiting a bit before jumping on the Getgames deal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Yeah, only get DS2 or any THQ game at a price you are willing to pay.

But keep in mind that with the death of THQ and the buying of IPs, there might be some issues with sales in the future. DD services have contracts with THQ and THQ's distributors, but they might not have contracts with whoever buys the IPs and the rights to the games. Or, even better: Company A might own the IP but Company B owns the dev team who has some of the rights to the title (sort of like what happened with Operation Flashpoint where Codemasters still owned the name but BiS owned the game). Most likely they'll get dealt with eventually and past experience shows that games won't be taken out of your accounts, but you might not be able to buy the games for an indefinite period of time.

In fact, it is 99% likely that this is the reason we are seeing so many sales. The DD services want to get rid of their stock while they still can.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Yeah, only get DS2 or any THQ game at a price you are willing to pay.

But keep in mind that with the death of THQ and the buying of IPs, there might be some issues with sales in the future. DD services have contracts with THQ and THQ's distributors, but they might not have contracts with whoever buys the IPs and the rights to the games. Or, even better: Company A might own the IP but Company B owns the dev team who has some of the rights to the title (sort of like what happened with Operation Flashpoint where Codemasters still owned the name but BiS owned the game). Most likely they'll get dealt with eventually and past experience shows that games won't be taken out of your accounts, but you might not be able to buy the games for an indefinite period of time.

In fact, it is 99% likely that this is the reason we are seeing so many sales. The DD services want to get rid of their stock while they still can.
    It registers on Steam and you can redownload games on Steam even after their companies take them off.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    For the two or three people who like sports games, NBA2k13 is Steam's daily deal, 50% off. I had never seen it discounted on Steam until now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    It registers on Steam and you can redownload games on Steam even after their companies take them off.
    Yeah, to my knowledge, the only game that has ever been removed from Steam accounts was one of the Alien Shooters and that was just because the dev through a hissy fit and insisted people only play his re-release. And even that got overturned after just about everyone had a conniption.

My main point is that this might be a "Buy now because you won't be able to buy it for a while" scenario.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SSEGAAS...ng-transformed

Sonic all stars racing transformed: $14.98 ($11.98 on 20% discount)

This is the lowest it has been right?
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post

£9.98 in the UK. Not seen it that cheap anywhere else before.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post

How does one get the 20% discount?

It was given to some of those affected by their earlier pricing incidents, as far as I'm aware.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    I was thinking of getting the Sword of the Stars complete collection (1 & 2) on GG, wondering why it was $4.99 while SotS 2 was $4.98 when suddenly the collection price changed to $6.23. Good old GG. Anyway, it's 75% off this weekend, now with a list price of $24.95 instead of $19.95. I need to learn to jump on these mistakes faster.

GOG is offering Waking Mars for 50% off. It's a delightful little game, you should really get it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    GOG is offering Waking Mars for 50% off. It's a delightful little game, you should really get it.
    It's actually a gardening game, you need to harvest seeds, balance the ecology and understand the nature of the various interactions.

It's really quite wonderful and unlike some I found Art (the advisor AI) pretty funny.

I recommend it, but it's over quite fast.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    £9.98 in the UK. Not seen it that cheap anywhere else before.
    There is also a four pack that cost $45 or $36 with discount. That's $9 a piece. I can host one if there is enough interest.

-------------------

Also in amazon: Ticket to ride Complete pack $6.49

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BNGNDOK
    Last edited by mnemnoch; 07-03-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

GOG is having a Superb Strategy Weekend with lots of old strategy titles on sale. I picked up King of Dragon Pass, a title I wasn't even aware existed since I wasn't doing much gaming in the late 90's due to a messy divorce.

Glorantha is possibly my most favorite RPG setting and I was a huge fan of Runequest so this was a no-brainer for me.

http://www.gog.com/promo/strategy_weekend_promo_080313

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Pretty much everything in that sale is worth playing.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    I've been pining after an awful lot of stuff in that promo.

I backed Dreamfall Chapters to secure an early-bird spot, assuming Funcom would capitalize on the hoopla/help create potential backers for Red Thread by putting the first two games on sale, but it never happened. Fuck it, that $20 would buy most of the GOG games I'm after.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    King of Dragon Pass is joy, pure joy. And cattle raids. That being said, the iOS version is prettier, has a few extra (not very good) events and is reportedly easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    King of Dragon Pass is joy, pure joy. And cattle raids. That being said, the iOS version is prettier, has a few extra (not very good) events and is reportedly easier.
    Android user here so going to have to wait on that (hopefully).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Tropico 4, the expansion and all DLC on sale for 7 Euros on Steam. Some of the DLC sounds hilarious.