Page 386 of 594 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,720 of 11875

Thread: PC Bargains

Network Hub
    Steam is having a Ubisoft weekend sale starting with Anno 2070 at 66% off. I really enjoyed the previous entries in the series. I'm curious though, are all the DLC packages essential? Do they substantially improve the base game or is it worth it on it's own?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Steam is having a Ubisoft weekend sale starting with Anno 2070 at 66% off. I really enjoyed the previous entries in the series. I'm curious though, are all the DLC packages essential? Do they substantially improve the base game or is it worth it on it's own?
    Post #6977 contained the same question, to which the following answers were posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Most of the Anno 2070 DLC is pretty superfluous, but that doesn't mean its useless or bad. Check out the Anno 2070 Wikia DLC article for details and an idea of which ones might be worth getting.

I bought it all in one go on Steam, so I'm not really up to speed on each individual DLC, but the following are probably worth checking out: The "Nordamark Series" package includes the Lighthouse building, which allows you to toggle the time of day between dawn, noon, dusk and night. The "Central Statistics" package includes the Central Statistics building, which gives you a comprehensive global overview of income, production, costs, energy usage etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    The expansion's pretty meaty, the other DLC is pretty much fluff from what I can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    The expansion .. well, expands the Tech faction by adding more buildings and more needs. To satisfy the needs of their highest level residents ( the Geniuses ) you need both of the factions at the top level. It also adds quite a few less important things, gives you 3 more island upgrade slots at certain milestones, allows for energy transfer between islands with an expensive set of buildings and gives you the opportunity to buy shares in islands to take over other people's land with sheer economic power.

Overall it's neat but unless you plan to use the new stuff ( and especially the geniuses since their needs are huge chains requiring a lot of work ) it's not all that important. But it's a huge amount of late-game content.

The other DLC add new missions,versions of buildings you might have missed on the world events and decorative options.
    Hope that helps.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

There are some games on sale on Steam which aren't in the normal advertised places. If you like ARPG's, there is the Gothic Universe package for $5, which has the first 3 games. I highly recommend it. You could get the larger bundle with the Arcania games, but why bother?

Also there is Sacred 2 Gold for $6.79. I'm still on the fence about this one, haven't gotten a satisfactory comparison of its respawn rate to that of Sacred 1, which I thought was a bit much.

Network Hub
    Which one is recommended, forsaken gods or the original Gothic 3 ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood is weirdly/cleverly reduced to about six quid on Steam, secretly (shhh). Anyone ever played it/recommend it at that price? The one announced yesterday looks a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood is weirdly/cleverly reduced to about six quid on Steam, secretly (shhh). Anyone ever played it/recommend it at that price? The one announced yesterday looks a lot of fun.
    I thought it was fun and well worth the 10 euroweeniedollars I paid for it at the time...

Quote Originally Posted by AshEnke View Post
    Which one is recommended, forsaken gods or the original Gothic 3 ?
    Definitely original G3. FG removed a lot of content, and what it added wasn't any good.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    This seems to be valve's (or the greek's) new sales experiment. They seem to be having weekly sales - longer than usual - that are barely advertised apart from a simple news announcement.

It's part of the very-much-advertised Ubisoft sale.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus View Post
    I thought it was fun and well worth the 10 euroweeniedollars I paid for it at the time...
    Is it just a Cowboy skinned FPS? Or does it have soul?

GMG is having an Indie Game weekend. At least half seem to require Capsule, but there are some decent 50/75% off deals on Steam keys, e.g. 10,000,000, Krater, Frozen Synapse, QUBE, AirBuccaneers, PID, Tiny & Big, SPAZ, The Journey Down, Patterns, and more.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Gamersgate is having an XCOM/X-Com weekend. In other words, XCOM is 60% off ($20). All of X-Com can be had for $7.50, but the same pack is routinely saled for $3 on Amazon, so who cares. The e-mail I received said up to 75% off, but I'm not seeing anything like that. Maybe they haven't gotten to marking the DLC down. GG and math, peas and carrots.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    All of X-Com can be had for $7.50, but the same pack is routinely saled for $3 on Amazon, so who cares.
    Lack of Steam is always added value. That said, I'm still waiting for GOG to get these games (can't fathom why they haven't got them already). I'd happily pay 5x what Steam charges for a DRM-free copy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Not 100% on topic, but does anyone know of a blog like Savy Gamer but for the US? Not so much for the DD (that is as global as it gets) but for stuff like retailers having a deal. Currently I just subscribe to the gaming deals subforum at CheapAssGamers but I only get updates the day after, so I miss a lot of flash sales and the like.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Not 100% on topic, but does anyone know of a blog like Savy Gamer but for the US? Not so much for the DD (that is as global as it gets) but for stuff like retailers having a deal. Currently I just subscribe to the gaming deals subforum at CheapAssGamers but I only get updates the day after, so I miss a lot of flash sales and the like.
    CAG's twitter @videogamedeals is pretty good - the best that I've found so far. There's also Steam's twitter @steam_games which covers many (though not all) Steam sales.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    That said, I'm still waiting for GOG to get these games (can't fathom why they haven't got them already).
    They haven't signed 2K as a publisher yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    They haven't signed 2K as a publisher yet.
    Yup. It would be awfully nice if something could be worked out, there, and not just because of X-COM.

Well they're supposedly close to a deal with one of the remaining 'big 3' (2K, Lucasarts, Microsoft) publishers that they want, so ... maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Well they're supposedly close to a deal with one of the remaining 'big 3' (2K, Lucasarts, Microsoft) publishers that they want, so ... maybe?
    Yup, fingers crossed. I'd love to see a deal with MS, as well. Lucasarts is really the only one I don't personally care about, though I know a lot of people really value their back catalog.

Nuuvem has a Squenix weekend, Just Cause 2 and Dungeon Siege III are 5.99 R$ which is less than 2.5 € if google isn't lying. Full list here:

https://www.nuuvem.com.br/produtos?editora=18&promo=1
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"