Page 388 of 576 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398438488 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,760 of 11517

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Whereas I would say FarCry 3 was my GOTY for 2012. So different strokes etc

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur is finally on sale on Steam. The price was permanently dropped to 28 Euros and it's on sale for 14. The DLC (two mini-expansions and an item pack) is also on sale. A couple of weeks ago RPS suddenly realised it's a great game.

So far this is the only place where you can find the Steam version of the game. It has full Steamworks support. Amazon will get Steam keys in the near future but the discount won't be major according to a sale rep, so you might as well buy it now.
    WoW! I'm just complaining a day ago to PeteC that KoA steam doesn't get a sale.

Bought!!
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just an FYI, Gamersgate do NOT refund the crusader kings 2 DLC. So if you are buying it make sure you have the gamersgate version, it won't work for any other version of Crusader Kings 2. Not even the one from paradoxs own shop, its very odd

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Just an FYI, Gamersgate do NOT refund the crusader kings 2 DLC. So if you are buying it make sure you have the gamersgate version, it won't work for any other version of Crusader Kings 2. Not even the one from paradoxs own shop, its very odd
    Gamersgate isn't owned by Paradox anymore, so its understandable. No different from DLC on Steam, though Gamersgate really should stop you buying it if you don't have the base game there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Gamersgate isn't owned by Paradox anymore, so its understandable. No different from DLC on Steam, though Gamersgate really should stop you buying it if you don't have the base game there.
    The claim it's DRM free. Having a DRM free version that isn't compatible with other DRM free versions is lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    They gave me a blue coin refund when I accidentally bought the Sword of Islam expansion on there last year without realizing it wouldn't work with the Steam version. I think that was before they had a specific warning about it in the description of the game though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    The claim it's DRM free. Having a DRM free version that isn't compatible with other DRM free versions is lunacy.
    The Steamworks version is, by definition, not DRM free.

Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    They gave me a blue coin refund when I accidentally bought the Sword of Islam expansion on there last year without realizing it wouldn't work with the Steam version. I think that was before they had a specific warning about it in the description of the game though.
    Same happened for me about 6 months ago and I got a blue coin refund within an hour, I remember being impressed as this was on a Saturday evening. There certainly was a warning in the game description then too, I remember going to look and reading it after the fact.

Disappointing if they are not still doing this, their customer service has been one of the best in my experience.

Obscure Node
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I couldn't find anywhere else. I'm gonna pre-order Bioshock infinite of GMG but I already have all the free games. If anyone wants one of these let me know by the end of the day and I'll grab that bundle and send you the key, no point in letting the extras go to waste.

Edit: Now taken
    Last edited by auxout; 17-03-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by auxout View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I couldn't find anywhere else. I'm gonna pre-order Bioshock infinite of GMG but I already have all the free games. If anyone wants one of these let me know by the end of the day and I'll grab that bundle and send you the key, no point in letting the extras go to waste.
    Sir, a key for Mafia 2 would be greatly appreciated if you don't have a taker already!

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Yes, it is. You can run it without having Steam running in the background. You can uninstall Steam after installation and run the game just fine. You can even move the game folder on a flash drive and play on another machine. It is, by definition, DRM-free.

In the case of CK2, Steam acts solely as a download manager and is not tied to the game executable in any way, shape or form.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    You can even move the game folder on a flash drive and play on another machine.
    Well, I'm officially never going to get anything done at work ever again.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur is finally on sale on Steam. The price was permanently dropped to 28 Euros and it's on sale for 14. The DLC (two mini-expansions and an item pack) is also on sale. A couple of weeks ago RPS suddenly realised it's a great game.

So far this is the only place where you can find the Steam version of the game. It has full Steamworks support. Amazon will get Steam keys in the near future but the discount won't be major according to a sale rep, so you might as well buy it now.

It's $7.50 on GreenManGaming

Activated Node
    Can anyone advise me on the Assassin's Creed III deluxe edition? (I'm assuming it comes with the season pass, or doesn't it?) I'm doubting between it and the core game. They are in the Steam Sale now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Can anyone advise me on the Assassin's Creed III deluxe edition? (I'm assuming it comes with the season pass, or doesn't it?) I'm doubting between it and the core game. They are in the Steam Sale now.
    From Amazon

Assassin’s Creed III Deluxe Edition includes:
    Assassin’s Creed III Season Pass: gives you access to all five upcoming downloadable content packs which are slated for release within six months after launch. Deluxe Edition owners will get exclusive early access to the first downloadable content pack.
    4 bonus single-player missions, adding over an hour of additional gameplay.
    The official Assassin’s Creed III soundtrack (mp3 files).
    George Washington’s notebook (pdf file).
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Looks like it comes with all the DLC currently released and a season pass, no idea if it's worth it but my hoarder mentality won out

I was talking about the allegedly DRM free GG version and any other versions of the game, except Steam (although, as TechnoJellyfish correctly states, the Steam version is indeed DRM free). Claiming that the game is DRM free and not having it be compatible with other DRM free versions is lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by goatmonkey View Post
    Looks like it comes with all the DLC currently released and a season pass, no idea if it's worth it but my hoarder mentality won out
    Yeah, it's the whole package. Having only heard bad things about the small DLCs and not totally digging the first Tyranny DLC, I'd say it isn't really worth it. Depends on your love for the game, I suppose.
    Last edited by Fanbuoy; 17-03-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I was talking about the allegedly DRM free GG version and any other versions of the game, except Steam (although, as TechnoJellyfish correctly states, the Steam version is indeed DRM free). Claiming that the game is DRM free and not having it be compatible with other DRM free versions is lunacy.
    One could as easily say the same thing about the Steam version not working with the GG version, of course. Neither one is DRM-free, they're both tied to their respective content-handling platforms. I'm pleased that Paradox at least gave us a choice on that, unlike so many other developers lately, but I certainly wish they really had released a platform-independent version.

I don't know if it's a mistake or not, but Bioshock Infinite is available at gamersgate UK for 29.99 (in gamersgate.com it's still 60$) + the usual 2 games bonus + 16,000 blue coins (16$. 10.5).

Looks like the best BI deal so far (for me, at least).

One could as easily say the same thing about the Steam version not working with the GG version, of course. Neither one is DRM-free, they're both tied to their respective content-handling platforms. I'm pleased that Paradox at least gave us a choice on that, unlike so many other developers lately, but I certainly wish they really had released a platform-independent version.
    Yes, that's my point. If it isn't DRM free, it's pretty ugly of GG to claim that it is. Steam makes no such claim.