Page 390 of 544 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,800 of 10861

Thread: PC Bargains

Humble Bundle has started doing weekly, single game sales. First up is Bastion, for as low as $1 (beating the average gets you goodies).

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Oh very nice, thanks for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Humble Bundle has started doing weekly, single game sales. First up is Bastion, for as low as $1 (beating the average gets you goodies).

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
    This is not a good day for IndieGameStand :|
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Depends, I guess. So far the only game for sale at the HIB is Bastion, if they're gonna base their weekly offerings on games that have already been part of a previous HIB, I doubt IGS will care much. Time will tell, I guess.

They don't seem to agree with you. Have you looked at the list of top contributors?

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    They don't seem to agree with you. Have you looked at the list of top contributors?
    It's fair play, a smart move and probably it will pay dividends in term of publicity, but there's not much else they can do, right?

Oh BTW I wrote a reply to Rauten that got eaten, it went about like this:

I see where you're coming from but Humble is the 400 pound gorilla, it might look like they're not direct competitors, but by replicating IGS's model they've basically taken away from them a potential area for development. OTOH if you were a less known indie dev, would you like your game to go on Humble weekly or IGS?

In other words, it's now harder for IGS to expand their business, while it's easy for Humble to eat into IGS's pie.

BTW to put this in perspective, IGS might make a few grands every 3 days, but they have to pay devs, donate to charity and have bandwidth / payment processor fees to front. With two people running the site I don't know how well that pays at the end of the day.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    In other words, it's now harder for IGS to expand their business, while it's easy for Humble to eat into IGS's pie.

BTW to put this in perspective, IGS might make a few grands every 3 days, but they have to pay devs, donate to charity and have bandwidth / payment processor fees to front. With two people running the site I don't know how well that pays at the end of the day.
    Thats true, but IGS are at PAX with some indies, and they appartenly have all the slots filled for the next couple of months. I think humble will get the big names, and IGS will get the little guys, it might stop them becoming huge, but one big game and your there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    EA are having a 50% off almost everything sale on Origin for the next week to celebrate some milestone of users.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Oh BTW I wrote a reply to Rauten that got eaten, it went about like this:
    That's what you get for eating dinner at the PC.

I see where you're coming from but Humble is the 400 pound gorilla, it might look like they're not direct competitors, but by replicating IGS's model they've basically taken away from them a potential area for development. OTOH if you were a less known indie dev, would you like your game to go on Humble weekly or IGS?
    Obviously HIB, but as I said, so far the only game on display is Bastion, which was already featured in a HIB. Hence me saying if, IF they are going to run games that have already been in one of their bundles, some sort of "single picks for cheap", then it's no big deal for IGS, since mostly any game that makes it to HIB is already pretty damn big (by indie standards) and wasn't likely to bother with IGS.
    On the other hand, if they start pulling in new games, and some not-so-known games, then yes, they'd be eating IGS' pie, cake and meatloaf. But we won't know for sure at least until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    EA are having a 50% off almost everything sale on Origin for the next week to celebrate some milestone of users.
    Hum. How much would I have to wait to get ME3 for less than 10,25€? Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Hum. How much would I have to wait to get ME3 for less than 10,25€? Any idea?
    I'm pretty sure GMG had it for about €7 a while ago.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    It only took about a year for Dead Space 2 to drop below €7.50 as the average on sale price, so I'd imagine somewhere around that.

I just did a quick check on GMG and you can actually get ME3 there for €13.87 if you use the code GMG20-NT7TS-SY2RT. That's easily the cheapest I've ever seen it go for. There's no big sale events coming up that I can think of, unless Amazon decides to throw one for Easter or something.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Don't buy ME3 unless it comes with that Prothean DLC. That's the best part of the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I'm quite tempted to get BF2142, I've played almost all of the others (I haven't played Battlefield: Vietnam) but I keep hearing that 2142 is the best of the lot... 5 on Origin. Should I? Shouldn't I? I can't really see myself playing it all that much, though, this is more out of curiosity. I do not know what to do. That probably means I should go to bed.

Edit: This new Humble weekly thing is quite nice, I like that you can get physical merchandise too.
    Last edited by neema_t; 20-03-2013 at 12:00 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    2142 is awesome, as long as you like having to unlock grenades, shock paddles, body armour, deployable spawn points, flying auto turrets, vehicles alt fire, land mines, [...] before you stand a fair chance.

Also, the player base all have everything, the Titan game mode is badass but BF2 was the last Battlefield game they made they didn't ruin with unlocks.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Meh, 2142 isn't ruined by unlocks, but there's not much left player-wise. Maybe 2-3 decent Titan servers.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Anno 2070

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-Anno-2070/
    are there any coupon codes to take it lower?

The Secret World™
    12.49 VAT
    In the Origin APP, something about free cash if you sign up before the 25th of march.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 20-03-2013 at 01:04 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    That's what you get for eating dinner at the PC.
    Don't look at me, I think it was eaten by a grue.

...echoes of keyclicks slowly die out in the darkness of alms' cave

edit:

will you look at this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009SPZ11Q

John will hate us all, but hey! this is free XCOM + 30$ credit + goodies.
    Last edited by alms; 20-03-2013 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Don't buy ME3 unless it comes with that Prothean DLC. That's the best part of the game.
    Aye, but the Deluxe Edition is always at least /€ 10 more when both are on discount. Unless you really want the other extra nonsense, buy the cheapest version of ME3 and get From Ashes with Origin with Bioware points. Think I paid 6 for ME3 from a GMG sale with a 20% code plus 6 for the DLC.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Hm, it's 19.99 for me. Has this already expired, are there region restrictions at work or was it simply a mistake on GF's part?

I probably would've caved in at this price point.