Page 397 of 577 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407447497 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,940 of 11524

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    Awesome! I don't think I have ever seen that game discounted so much.
    I don't know if I'm a 4.75 custo-... No, scratch that, I am. Now to go clog up the support forums with 4.75 questions.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    I remember somewhere back in some thread, people were talking about Fuel after a major mod was released. Its on sale now, thats great timing!

Its 3.05 from GmG at the moment - http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/e...s/racing/fuel/
    This is awesome, I read that thing about the mod, too, and was again eyeing the game for a sale just the other day.
    Now if I could only find the page where the mod was mentioned.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    This is awesome, I read that thing about the mod, too, and was again eyeing the game for a sale just the other day.
    Now if I could only find the page where the mod was mentioned.
    I am pretty sure that it was this mod - Fuel Refuelded - http://www.moddb.com/mods/fuel-refueled

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    For the next ~22 hours: http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DOM3A...-the-awakening at 4.75

( http://lparchive.org/Dominions-3/ if you want to know why someone would post about a game with sprites that have only two frames of animation )
    Saw that in my feedly (damn you google!) and am tempted. Although, what "other DRM" does it mean? I assume this is not the steam version?
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    I am pretty sure that it was this mod - Fuel Refuelded - http://www.moddb.com/mods/fuel-refueled
    right, wasn't more than a google away.
    be sure to also get the unofficial patch listed here. [edit - is included in Refueled anyway]
    Last edited by elephant god; 29-03-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Saw that in my feedly (damn you google!) and am tempted. Although, what "other DRM" does it mean? I assume this is not the steam version?
    The CD version's DRM is just entering a serial key on installation. I can't immediately find out whether the Gamersgate version is the same but I would assume it would be.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I don't know if I'm a 4.75 custo-... No, scratch that, I am. Now to go clog up the support forums with 4.75 questions.
    "So I just installed your game, and it is nothing like Age of Empires. How do I tell my units to build something?"

Activated Node
    I just upgraded to a GTX 670 (holy balls, maxed out modded Skryim is smooth) and got a free code for $50 in-game currency in each of Planetside 2, World of Tanks and Hawken.

Not much use to me, but if any ya'll want the code for free then first dibs gets it.

Edit: Dibs all gone, sorry!
    Last edited by Aphyd; 30-03-2013 at 02:42 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I have a ridiculous urge to buy Anodyne, should I? It is only 33% off but it makes me miss my Gameboy Colour quite a lot, and 5 isn't exactly asking much. I think the deal is ending soon... I never did get round to researching it.

Edit: Oh yeah, Fuel is 1.90 with this code: GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD.
    Last edited by neema_t; 29-03-2013 at 02:42 PM.

It's not clear, but from what I get from this thread is that I should buy fuel? Is it good? Does it have split screen multi? Does it even have multiplayer?

According to GMG site:
    Initial activation requires internet connection; Online play requires log-in to Games for Windows - LIVE; software installations required including Sony DADC SecuROM, Games for Windows - LIVE. Broadband internet connection required for online play (512kbps+ recommended).

It has securom AND GFWL. Is it good enough that I should buy it anyway?

So many questions...

The racing game Fuel is not very good, tbh. the vehicles behave a bit too erratic, and respawns and restarts are annoyingly slow.
    Also, GFWL usually makes MP impossibly annoying, and I doubt there's any local MP.

However, it is a beautiful post-apocalyptic exploration game, if you can imagine yourself into the world. Utterly stunning.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    According to GMG site:
    Initial activation requires internet connection; Online play requires log-in to Games for Windows - LIVE; software installations required including Sony DADC SecuROM, Games for Windows - LIVE. Broadband internet connection required for online play (512kbps+ recommended).
    On top of all that you have to register it on steam, and steam and other DRM do not play nicely together at times.

I agree with what the elephant god said about the state of the game, but some people really like it. Its fun to drive around in, and the mod, which I haven't tried is meant to make it decent.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    There's a demo. I tried it, wasn't thrilled, but for 1.90 I'd like to try out the mods that apparently fix it up all good like. Can't answer any of your questions about split screen or multiplayer though, I think Codemasters turned Grid's off so I imagine Fuel was switched off a long time ago.

I guess I'll give it a pass then.
    Thanks for the info.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Fuel had the basics of an post-apoc exploration racer but it had issues in terms of game balance, handling and some other issues.

The mod fixes EVERY SINGLE ONE of the problems - it improves EVERY SINGLE BIT of the game.

I'd say the only issue with the modded game is that it still requires GFWL but the gamer who doesn't have that installed these days is a strange fruit indeed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    On the Dominions 3 deal - I'm not sure I can read enough of the manual to decide if it's my cuppa before the deal expires

That's not your usual PC DD Sale issue is it? :)

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    On the Dominions 3 deal - I'm not sure I can read enough of the manual to decide if it's my cuppa before the deal expires

That's not your usual PC DD Sale issue is it? :)
    Read a let's play, or watch the series linked on the greenlight page (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4erpr0d4G20) instead maybe? Still have eight hours to decide.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Yeah, I know I'll love Dom3 (even if it is definitely a product of the early to mid 00s in terms of indie gaming), but I think I'll wait for a Steam copy and probably a bundle.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Arkham City is 5 on Steam. I'm really tempted but I've got such a backlog :/ has it ever been cheaper?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Not been significantly cheaper, but it'll be the same price again, have no doubt.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/