Page 399 of 589 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449499 ... LastLast
Results 7,961 to 7,980 of 11772

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Steam and uPlay games have a weird relationship.

Steam usually launches a version of uPlay which ONLY supports that game (this is certainly true for Trials and PoP: TFS) - you then have to launch the game from uPlay - e.g. Steam is a launcher for a launcher.

Those games DON'T appear in normal uPlay either - so you have to run them from Steam to then run them from uPlay!

Steam still does the updates for those games tho and not uPlay - which is even weirder.

On that basis I'd avoid UBI games on Steam entirely - it's not like EA/Origin games which just appear in both Steam and Origin!?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Steam and uPlay games have a weird relationship.

Steam usually launches a version of uPlay which ONLY supports that game (this is certainly true for Trials and PoP: TFS) - you then have to launch the game from uPlay - e.g. Steam is a launcher for a launcher.
    This is also true of Driver:San Fran, the Assassins Creed games and the tom clancy ones. So I assume its all of them. Your uplay points and account works across all of the games, steam or non-steam which just makes it odd.

GoG has Strike Suit Zero for $11.99 http://www.gog.com/gamecard/strike_suit_zero
    Last edited by Kiril; 03-04-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is it just from Steam tho?

I bought AC2 and SC:C from Gamersgate and Driver: SF from GetGamesGo and they're all registered in uPlay - I can download them again from there too!?

Someone raised this on the UPlay forum and UBI confirmed that they wouldn't include Steam games in UPlay - that you have to launch from from Steam and update them via Steam and it really is a bit stupid - it's a launcher for a launcher!

The Prince of Persia games are the daily deal on steam, all 75 % off.

I wonder, is Forgotten Sands worth getting for this cheap?

If you liked the previous PoPs you'll enjoy it. It's nothing new. Some nice puzzles, crappy controls and some nice setpieces. For that money is worth a try.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I loved Pop:SoT but didn't like the 2 which came after because they played to the dumb bits of the audience.

I loved Pop: 2008/The Scarf but TFS isn't anything like as much fun.

TFS is a linear game which alternates between meh combat and meh platforming. The odd moment of clever is drowned by lots and lots of samey/low-challenge nonsense.

I'm also tired of playing a clearly middle-eastern prince who talks like he comes from downtown LA - it breaks what little bit of immersion - that tiny chance you'll believe you're playing a middle-eastern magical adventure/action game and turns it into a Universal Studios ride...

If they bring it back ever again - could they perhaps use a voice actor from east of Paris at least? :)

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    The Prince of Persia games are the daily deal on steam, all 75 % off.
    Price of individual games: 11,20
    Bundle cost: 12,48
    What happened to you, Steam, you used to be cool ...

Thanks, Tikey and trjp.
    Since our views seem to align I'm gonna go with trjp, and not buy it.

What happened to you, Steam, you used to be cool ...
    We used to be friends, a long time ago... *sings*

For some reason, even the undiscounted PoP-Pack is more expensive than the games it contains, so that's where that comes from. Which of course explains nothing. Dreadful swindling of unsuspecting customers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I loved Pop:SoT but didn't like the 2 which came after because they played to the dumb bits of the audience.

I loved Pop: 2008/The Scarf but TFS isn't anything like as much fun.

TFS is a linear game which alternates between meh combat and meh platforming. The odd moment of clever is drowned by lots and lots of samey/low-challenge nonsense.

I'm also tired of playing a clearly middle-eastern prince who talks like he comes from downtown LA - it breaks what little bit of immersion - that tiny chance you'll believe you're playing a middle-eastern magical adventure/action game and turns it into a Universal Studios ride...

If they bring it back ever again - could they perhaps use a voice actor from east of Paris at least? :)
    Basically this. The graphics are quite good, AC engine.

You can play as Ezio though.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

The elemental powers are nice though. I still wish there was a sequel to Prince of Persia (2008) or at least we got the console exclusive epilogue DLC.

Hard Reset is really cheap over at Green Man Gaming (less than 5 Euroweeniedollars). Is it any good? It has the buzzword 'Old School' in it and 'Shooter'...

Hard Reset is well-designed, looks exceptionally pretty, and is very challenging. It's a bit like Serious Sam in corridors with robots, plus a really nice weapon upgrade system. I'd highly recommend it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    When I was playing the demo of Hard Reset, I found that all of what you described above is accurate, but that the movement speed was way off where I felt it should be (too slow). Was that still true in the full game, or the same? I'm constantly interested when it goes on sale, but I'm reminded of that fact and then pushed right off.