Page 400 of 569 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,000 of 11373

Thread: PC Bargains

Wicked Marketing Schemes Everywhere! :o

Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus View Post
    I bought Hard Reset (it better be good, LTK! ;)). Actually only paid 3.60 EUR after using that 20% voucher (weird system, GMG).
    I paid probably three times that, so there's a good chance I'm biased! Anyway, SirKicksalot is right about the checkpoints, I forgot about those. They can be really annoying, as checkpoints always are.

I think I'm going to reinstall it, see how it performs on my new graphics card.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I loved Pop:SoT but didn't like the 2 which came after because they played to the dumb bits of the audience.

I loved Pop: 2008/The Scarf but TFS isn't anything like as much fun.

TFS is a linear game which alternates between meh combat and meh platforming. The odd moment of clever is drowned by lots and lots of samey/low-challenge nonsense.

I'm also tired of playing a clearly middle-eastern prince who talks like he comes from downtown LA - it breaks what little bit of immersion - that tiny chance you'll believe you're playing a middle-eastern magical adventure/action game and turns it into a Universal Studios ride...

If they bring it back ever again - could they perhaps use a voice actor from east of Paris at least? :)
    Disney have been doing that for years, Alladin, Mulan etc.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I paid probably three times that, so there's a good chance I'm biased! Anyway, SirKicksalot is right about the checkpoints, I forgot about those. They can be really annoying, as checkpoints always are.

I think I'm going to reinstall it, see how it performs on my new graphics card.
    And for all of those who can't stand the rubbish checkpoint system: It's possible to bind quickload / -save to the F keys:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2803768

Saved me some cursing and pointless demolition of my keyboard....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Divinity games cheap on Steam today

Can anyone remind me how Divinity 2's various versions actually work in terms of content/changes/DLC etc.

I played the original Divinity 2 on 360 only - what's changed? :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Divinity games cheap on Steam today

Can anyone remind me how Divinity 2's various versions actually work in terms of content/changes/DLC etc.

I played the original Divinity 2 on 360 only - what's changed? :)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divinity_2

Flames of Vengenace (or Dragon Knight Saga for the bundle) is an expansion and rebalancing. Director's Cut mostly adds extras and a dev console.

I know Steam has Dragon Knight Saga, and I think they free-upgraded to Director's Cut. I don't know if GoG's version has the "DLC" in Steam, but that is just some equipment that isn't even unbalanced (which should tell you how useless it is :p).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ah - thanks for that - seems a good deal then!

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Look at that, putting previous games in a series on sale while a Kickstarter campaign is in progress. Rocket science.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Look at that, putting previous games in a series on sale while a Kickstarter campaign is in progress. Rocket science.
    There have been a few Divinity sales recently - it makes sense to some degree although I think sometimes it's just coincidence than sales and Kickstarters etc. coincide.

Esp as I believe Steam Sales are agreed WAY in advance!?

Red Orchestra 2 is on a Free Weekend (again) so may be worth dipping ye toes in to see if its to your likes.
    If you want to buy it, go to Humble Bundle as it can be cheaper.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Whenever I think of Divinity 2 that old joke always comes to mind:

1st prize: 10 hours playing Divinity 2
    2nd prize: 20 hours playing Divinity 2
    3rd prize: 50 hours playing Divinity 2
    consolation prize: 100 hours playing Divinity 2

It's definitely one of those games I enjoyed while playing, but, once I was finished, realized that I enjoyed it much less than I thought I did. The first half is quite good, really good actually. But once you get to the floating islands it gets pretty tedious and the expansion pack is kind of awful, I thought. I'm the rare person who thinks it works best with its original ending (which was a bold "fuck you" to both convention and the player of the sort you see quite often in movies, but never in video games).

Borderlands 2 season pass: 9.99 in amazon
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Might I add that RO2 has had quite the overhaul and I have been playing it quite a lot lately, and as such I heartily recommend it for new players (and old). In fact, you would be mad not to pick it up for $1-5 which is what it cost in the humblebundle.

* New MP campaign mode, which has ticket systems that carry over from battle to battle, capturing and defending territories based on previous engagements and assaults.
    * 4 community built maps have been officially implemented.
    * New expansion soon(Rising Storm), which adds the Pacific theatre + America and Japan as playable factions.
    (bonus *: no gamebreaking bugs, AFAIK)

My community (MBS) are even setting up a dedicated server so we can run the campaign mode ourself, because we enjoy it so much and there are currently a lack of servers that run it.

GOG has a sale on D&D Games running presently: http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stac...d_promo_050413

The discount increases (40% - 80%) the more games you purchase. Just be aware that if you aren't buying the full pack, it's possible to pay the same or more for less games, e.g.

10 Games - $21.10
    9 Games - $21.03 (removing Forgotten Realms)
    8 Games - $21.52 (removing Forgotten Realms and Temple of Elemental Evil)

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divinity_2

Flames of Vengenace (or Dragon Knight Saga for the bundle) is an expansion and rebalancing. Director's Cut mostly adds extras and a dev console.

I know Steam has Dragon Knight Saga, and I think they free-upgraded to Director's Cut. I don't know if GoG's version has the "DLC" in Steam, but that is just some equipment that isn't even unbalanced (which should tell you how useless it is :p).
    So the Director's Cut has all DLC included, no? Or did I just buy the wrong version...

Quote Originally Posted by Thermal Ions View Post
    GOG has a sale on D&D Games running presently: http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stac...d_promo_050413

The discount increases (40% - 80%) the more games you purchase. Just be aware that if you aren't buying the full pack, it's possible to pay the same or more for less games, e.g.

10 Games - $21.10
    9 Games - $21.03 (removing Forgotten Realms)
    8 Games - $21.52 (removing Forgotten Realms and Temple of Elemental Evil)
    I love GOG. I had all the others, so I got NWN 2 for $4. Steam wouldn't do that in a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus View Post
    So the Director's Cut has all DLC included, no? Or did I just buy the wrong version...
    Director's Cut has the expansion. At this point, there is no reason to buy anything other than the Director's Cut (hell, I think the oiriginal release of 2 might even have had funky DRM).

As for the "DLC" that was, at one point, exclusive to Steam: They are a few sets of armor that you either spawn with or find in a treasure chest. And they aren't even all that good.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Director's Cut has the expansion. At this point, there is no reason to buy anything other than the Director's Cut (hell, I think the oiriginal release of 2 might even have had funky DRM).

As for the "DLC" that was, at one point, exclusive to Steam: They are a few sets of armor that you either spawn with or find in a treasure chest. And they aren't even all that good.
    Pfew... got me worried for a sec... I'm Old School so I get mightily Confused by add-ons, DLC and expansions... Especially since what Ubisoft pulled of with Assassins Creed...

What happened to just numbering them 1 to 5?

Well, Assassin's Creed actually makes a lot of sense. Each number corresponds to an ancestor. Altair is 1, Ezio is 2, Boring McBoring Douche (and his hilariously awesome father) is 3. Not sure how the Henry Rollins one will work though, since that seems to be breaking the convention. Although, 3 is funky to begin with since it had two ancestors, so maybe we can argue the numbers roughly correspond to time periods.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I love GOG. I had all the others, so I got NWN 2 for $4. Steam wouldn't do that in a million years.
    Same feelings here. It's great they adjust things if you already own them. I too just got NWN2 for $4 jsut for the convenience and bonus stuff.