Page 401 of 585 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,020 of 11699

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Towns is $7.80 on GMG with GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD.

I think I've been waiting a year now for some sign that this is going to make it out of dev hell. Every time I check up on it I find people still complaining about bugs and the slow crawl toward some semblance of being feature-complete. Is it worth a punt yet?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    *nevermind*
    Last edited by Fumarole; 05-04-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Towns is fun once you understand it, but SCREW YOU GHOSTS.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24860/

Battlefield 2 (aka the most modern one free of complete BS unlocks) only £3.74
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I love GOG. I had all the others, so I got NWN 2 for $4. Steam wouldn't do that in a million years.
    I was about to rant, how much I dislike these stacking discounts and so on, but ... this is kinda nice. Didn't know it worked like that. Already had three of the games on offer in my collection which got me PS:T for about 4 bucks. Hooray.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    So HOMM VI is (comparitively) cheap on Gamersgate. I adored 3 and 5, but recall there being some DRM problems with 6 and I think I vaguely recall some concerns about the design as well. Anyone want to fill me in on the current status? It seems to have a lot of DLC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    So HOMM VI is (comparitively) cheap on Gamersgate. I adored 3 and 5, but recall there being some DRM problems with 6 and I think I vaguely recall some concerns about the design as well. Anyone want to fill me in on the current status? It seems to have a lot of DLC.
    As I understand it (and I don't own it), HOMM6 always had an offline option and they backed-off the DRM which applied to the online part of it but it still imposes limitations on totally offline play (e.g. it's just like the earlier games - nothing new there!)

As for DLC, there are 2 current ones (included in the Gold Pack if you go that route tho the Deluxe + the 2 part DLC pack is 50p cheaper!) and there's another due next month?

I can't comment on the essentiality of them - they appear to be additional campaigns (Pirates and Lich?)

p.s. this

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...VI-DRM-Changed
    Last edited by trjp; 06-04-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    In Heroes 6, some quests and progression depend on being online.
    There are less resources, less factions and you don't have to go back to town to replenish your troops. It's pretty and quite addictive for a while. I'm sure it's better than Heroes 4, at least.
    We had a thread about how poorly Ubisoft handled the development, leading to the developer's bankruptcy.

Does anyone happen to know if the Batman: Arkham City Steam key in the recent Get Loaded deal is for the GotY Edition? I don't think the regular version is even sold on Steam anymore.

Seems its regular edition.

concerning the Batman Arkham City deal on get loaded:

As I said before, the Harley Quinn DLC is completely superfluous, apart from a short stint playing as Robin, but it's not long or open enough to be any fun. I have not bothered with the challenges/campaigns, and a lot of DLC is centered around those, adding the Batcave and Nightwing as one-off challenges.

So apart from some enjoyable alternate skins for batman and catwoman, I can not see the huge advantage of getting the Goty over the standard edition, as long as both are on steam. I had a rather bad GFWL-experience with my B:AC copy on GMG's Capsule, but bought the goty for cheap during christmas and found it a lot less obnoxious.

The game itself remains absolutely stunning!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    As someone's already said tho - you can't buy the DLC on Steam individually anymore - if you select it, you get taken to the GOTY page and offered that instead...

It may just be because it's on-sale (£6.80 atm) - but I'd certainly say the vanilla version is worth "not a lot" right now.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    As someone's already said tho - you can't buy the DLC on Steam individually anymore - if you select it, you get taken to the GOTY page and offered that instead...
    That is why I asked in the first place. I got the retail version of B:AC as a gift around release and played it to completion. The thing is ... I cannot be arsed to go through the process of disc installation/GfWL updating again, which - I swear it - took the better part of 1 1/2 hours.

So I thought it'd be a smart move to get the GotY edition on Steam for convenience and all of the DLC's at the same time. Buuuut ... with the DLC's not even being sold separately on Steam anymore, the regular version is pretty much useless for me.

Ah, well, probably not worth it anyway as I wasn't much into the challenges initially.

Thanks!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post

As I said before, the Harley Quinn DLC is completely superfluous, apart from a short stint playing as Robin, but it's not long or open enough to be any fun.

I agree completely. The DLC isn't even the same game, other than sharing a combat system. You just get lead by the nose down a corridor and fight bad guys. It's not worth anything... just play more of the main game.

Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post

As I said before, the Harley Quinn DLC is completely superfluous, apart from a short stint playing as Robin, but it's not long or open enough to be any fun. I have not bothered with the challenges/campaigns, and a lot of DLC is centered around those, adding the Batcave and Nightwing as one-off challenges.

So apart from some enjoyable alternate skins for batman and catwoman, I can not see the huge advantage of getting the Goty over the standard edition, as long as both are on steam. I had a rather bad GFWL-experience with my B:AC copy on GMG's Capsule, but bought the goty for cheap during christmas and found it a lot less obnoxious.

But but... 70's Batman!

"The right Batman is the only batman that punches sharks."-Me
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 06-04-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Does it have the costume from the animated series?
    New! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Not so new anymore! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Yes it does.

not in the get loaded deal though. I think the consensus was, that it is the standard version. And yes, the skins are the best and only reason for DLC/GotY

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I woke it's thread here

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...Spaceship-ARPG

but I'll repeat it here too

Zigfrak is a space ARPG with 'ridiculous loot' and it's cheap-as-chips here

http://fireflowergames.com/shop/zigfrak/

It's Mac,PC (all on one licence) and I believe a Linux version is in testing now too??

I bought it - I've posted initial thoughts in it's thread - I'm heading back in now because in 30 mins I've seen some lovely, lovely things...

p.s. it has a proper manual - I think this may tip some folks over in itself? :)
    Last edited by trjp; 07-04-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Yes, a Linux version is in testing. :)