Page 408 of 571 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508 ... LastLast
Results 8,141 to 8,160 of 11412

Thread: PC Bargains

Obscure Node
    This Eve starter pack looks good.
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/e...bounty-hunter/

Been meaning to try this game forever.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It should be noted that Eve does have a two week free trial - won't have the extras, but they're pretty negligible in the grand scheme of things. And obviously that's a pretty good price for a month's sub, while you'd be stuck with full price after a trial.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    You can use the codes from offers like that to upgrade a trial to full. Though of course that particular offer will have ended by the time you're done with the trial.

Activated Node
    The Witcher 2 for 8€ on steam for another 19 hours. I've cleared up my backlog somewhat recently, this will be my prize!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I know someone was looking at getting a Silent Hunter game, while SH5 is 2 quid from the Ubi Store:

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en...s_Edition.html
    steam: sketch

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So Gamersgate are doing a spring sale thingy for a couple of weeks. Some bundles, four daily deals, Nothing particularly notable so far, except maybe £4 for The Showdown Effect (or £12 for a four-pack), but other than that I think everything else has been cheaper and/or in a bundle.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    So Gamersgate are doing a spring sale thingy for a couple of weeks.
    The Cave for £3.40, cheapest I've seen it. Apparently it's a bit of a chore to play through it more than once, but this seems well worth it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    For those considering The Cave: IF you have a PS3 (and live in NA, not sure if the EU has the same deal), it is free on PlayStation Plus (not sure if it still is, but it was at some point during my Niering :p). So if you don't have PS+, it will cost more but you'll also get a LOT more free games. And if you do have PS+, it is "free".
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Obscure Node
    Can get Tomb Raider for 15 quid on Origin (registers on Steam don't worry) at the moment. Not a bargain, but a decent price for the game!

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    It's still 50 bucks for inhabitants of mainland Europe. I really wonder why EA keeps going with this regional pricing nonsense.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    I suspect it may be because EA already has distribution contracts for all those regions and can't easily negotiate.

Valve, Gamersgate, and GMG exist only as DD services (and developers in Valve's case), so they would be negotiating all deals fresh. They get the distribution rights and can say "piss off" to everyone else.

EA already HAS distribution deals with those regions. So if they want to tweak how they sell stuff to EU2 or NA, you can be damned sure the regional distributors are gonna raise a fuss and threaten to screw them in terms of distributing the physical copies.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Network Hub
    The Tomb Raider deal is actually part of Origin UK's 'St. George's Day' sale, which is probably the biggest significance the day has had in quite some time. It lasts until April 29th and also includes a few other games, nothing jaw-dropping in reductions, the list is here:

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea...le_2013_en_GB/

Have they fixed up Most Wanted? I heard it was awful on release but if any improvements have been made I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Two Worlds 2 is 3.99, probably less with a code at GMG

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/e...two-worlds-ii/

Any thoughts on the game? Worth a try or not?
    steam: sketch

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Two Worlds 2 is 3.99, probably less with a code at GMG

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/e...two-worlds-ii/

Any thoughts on the game? Worth a try or not?
    I actually really enjoyed it. I havent played the expansion but there is a lot to do and the combat/ leveling works quite well.

There are down sides though. The voice acting is pretty bad. I had finished leveling and got the highest gear about halfway through the game.

The horse riding controls, while workable, are a little daft.

The storyline is generic and easily ignored.

BUT, with its many flaws, the game seems to work. The open world is nothing short of stunning, levelling up a character (Mage especially) is a lot of fun and the gear is great (While it lasts)

Network Hub
    Have you played the coop? All I can seem to find out is the coop has 7 adventure quests that can be played by 2-8 people. Any idea if that's new quests from the single player, or can you do the full campaign in coop?

Edit: Never mind, found out, the single player and coop is completely separate. Boo.
    Last edited by Davkaus; 23-04-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The co-op is completely separate. It's a mini-campaign of linear-ish maps on which up to 8 players complete quests.

Once you have enough money you unlock another map where you build, maintain and defend a persistent village which funds your co-op and competitive adventures. Other players can buy and sell stuff in your village and help defend it.

The competitive part includes classics such as team deathmatch and capture the flag.
    I don't know how many people play this but it sold over 2 million copies. I bet Eastern Europeans still play.

It's worth it for the singleplayer anyway. It has a fantastic magic system, a unique world mixing African, Mediterranean and Asian settings, hilarious quests and writing, it looks very good and runs at over 9000 fps on any system.

Network Hub
    Hmm, you have yourself a sale, sir!

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Please bear in mind, though, that TW2 has a 3 machine activation limit and I think you were required to provide lots of private information on mandatory account creation.

Network Hub
    Fuck it.

I don't mind registering to play a game, it irks me, but I'll put up with it. I've spent an hour trying to get the damn thing to work, for some reason my username (just 'Davkaus') isn't valid. I've tried all lowercase, all uppercase, 3 characters, 5, 7, 9, some numbers, some symbols, all of the above with one foot raised, typing with my nose.

No help from the game, just 'your username contains invalid characters'. What, letters in the alphabet? One useful search result, with a registry change suggested by the developer, with the same problem. I wouldn't bother wasting your time with this.
    Last edited by Davkaus; 23-04-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Euro Truck Sim 2 is Steam's midweek. Well.

ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!! ETS!!