Page 414 of 577 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514 ... LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,280 of 11527

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I honestly advise everybody to not buy HoMM6. It's not a very good game. It has terrible DRM. It runs like shit. If you want a proper HoMM, go to GOG or wherever and get HoMM2-4.
    or just wait for HOMM7 - at which point HOMM6 will be praised to the heavens

Worked for 5 - and 4 ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Looks like they were selling too many Star Wars packs on Steam or something - the discount is now 50% off.
    Fucking Disney.

inb4 they remove all games from Steam

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    So now there's just $3.59 worth of motivation standing between buying the bundle and simply picking what you want--and with some of the crap in there, the choice seems obvious. I don't think the person who made that decision understands the finer points of bundles.

Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    So now there's just $3.59 worth of motivation standing between buying the bundle and simply picking what you want--and with some of the crap in there, the choice seems obvious. I don't think the person who made that decision understands the finer points of bundles.
    And it's still No.2 in the top sellers list. Maybe people are just too lazy to purchase each title separately or just don't care (many games for a low price! Hooray!).

Anyway.
    Borderlands 2 is 10$ on Gamersgate.
    Highly recommended, even as a single player game (and I found the first to be rather boring, playing solo).

Luckily I still have enough blue coins from pre-ordering Binfinite. Best purchase ever.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Looks like they were selling too many Star Wars packs on Steam or something - the discount is now 50% off.
    Fucking Disney.

inb4 they remove all games from Steam
    The individual games are 66% off, the pack is 50% off. Which seems to be the reverse of what it should actually be.

Pick up Star Wars: Republic Commando for <$4 if you don't already have it. It's one of my favorite FPS's due to just being silly squad-based fun--I think I've played through like 3 times at this point.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    Pick up Star Wars: Republic Commando for <$4 if you don't already have it. It's one of my favorite FPS's due to just being silly squad-based fun--I think I've played through like 3 times at this point.
    This. Republic Commando is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I've a feeling that 'DRM free' versions of this gen Uni games will never happen - dismantling the UPlay nonsense will probably be more work than anyone cares to do for the likely reward.
    The cracked versions work offline, so they can just sell that. It has already happened.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Xcom: EU is €9.99 on GG. That makes it about €8 for those of us with an extra 20 % off (and a few blue coins). Cheapest yet?

Link (Swedish, but English): http://se.gamersgate.com/DD-XCOMEU/xcom-enemy-unknown

EDIT: According to IsThereAnyDeal, it has indeed never been below €9.99 before. May be $9.99 for US:ians.

EDIT 2: It's €15 now.
    Last edited by Fanbuoy; 05-05-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Banned
    Where does the 20% discount come from?

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Where does the 20% discount come from?
    It's a 1 year compensation discount for people who bought the Bethesda New Year's bundle or the Borderlands 2 4-pack (perhaps others, they mess up quite often), after which GG cancelled the purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    Agreed. Daft as a brush, tons of fun.

Is the AI any good in SP, or is it only worthwhile in co-op?
    Sometimes I write things

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    For Republic Commando? I wasn't even aware it supported co-op.

And it has some of the best squadmate AI I have ever seen. When you are downed, you can order your squad to finish the fight or rescue you (yes, getting downed is not game over. That right there is enough reason to buy). During combat, they tend to stand in the open unless you tell them otherwise, but the contexual commands are smart, plentfiul, and VERY useful. Stuff like "Sev, go deploy your sniper configuration from that balcony. Scorch, start lobbing grenades from that bush. Third guy (Fixer? Or was that from Traviss's books), suppressing fire from the other ledge" and so forth.

It is VERY easy to set up effective and flexible defenses/assaults and it never feels like you are micromanaging. In fact, I would compare it to how I tend to deploy friends when we are doing co-op in something like R6: Vegas, just with a much easier interface and less "no, the other ledge"
    Last edited by gundato; 06-05-2013 at 08:40 PM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    Yes. Gundato explains it well.

I played it long ago, so I'm vague on the specifics, but I remember the fluid feeling of the game.
    I hope it aged well though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Fixer's the third guy. His special skill was being a stick-in-the-mud.

Hitman: Ablution is 70 % off on GG. €7.49 for regular and €8.99 for prof. It's the cheapest price recorded. As with Xcom before, they may increase the price later on.

Link to prof: http://se.gamersgate.com/DD-HMAPE/hi...sional-edition

EDIT: AAAAHH!!! It's over 25 GB! How big is this game?
    Last edited by Fanbuoy; 07-05-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Hitman is coming up as 6 to me right now on the UK site (slightly cheaper still) : http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-HMA/hitman-absolution
    Last edited by sinomatic; 07-05-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Hitman: Ablution is 70 % off on GG. 7.49 for regular and 8.99 for prof. It's the cheapest price recorded.
    Was it not on sale for 6.24 on the Square Enix Store for the last two weeks or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Hitman: Ablution ...
    EDIT: AAAAHH!!! It's over 25 GB! How big is this game?
    You didn't crap yourself when you saw the download size did you?

Sorry couldn't resist. Tempting at that price though.