Page 416 of 587 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426466516 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,320 of 11724

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Welp...Skyrim finally went down to a price I was willing to pay for it. Grabbed Dishonored too because why not.

And I was doing so well chipping at my mountain of unfinished Steam games. :(
    Due to high demand we are currently out of serial keys for Dishonored™

Well, that sure went quick.

Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Welp...Skyrim finally went down to a price I was willing to pay for it. Grabbed Dishonored too because why not.(
    Appears they've just dropped the list price of Dishono(u)red to 14.99 on GG, also on Steam. That didn't take long.

Ditto Skyrim.

I want Dishonored, but not feeling any rush to get it in this sale if that's the case.

On the Dishonored sale, the GG site says that if you order, they'll send you a key in a few days. I've never used GamersGate before, are they reliable on this issue? Is there any coupon codes or tricks I should know about?

Network Hub
    Use "elder-geek.com" for 5% off the order, and they'll restock the keys for sure. Gamersgate really mess up sales, like the Borderlands 2 4-pack and Bethesda pack, but that occurs anytime a good sale happens.
    Last edited by Firewhisper; 09-05-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Yeah. And if, for some reason, Gamersgate can't restock the keys they'll give you a refund AND probably a discount on a future purchase.
    They tend to underestimate demand and have a lot of screw-ups, but none have yet penalized the customer.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Please buy Rogue Warrior.
    My thoughts from another thread:

It's FUCKING HILARIOUS. 107 minutes of non-stop violence and Mickey Rourke telling cock-breath commie motherfuckers to suck his hairy balls and wrap them around their fucking mouths.*

On a more serious note, this isn't a bad bargain bin purchase (I paid two quid and one for transport). To put it in perspective, the action is better than Alpha Protocol's. Out of those 107 minutes I spent about three in menus. The dialogue is amazing, the finishing moves are cool and I liked the music. It looks bad but this adds to the hilarity; you can destroy most lights and sometimes it manages to have a pretty cool atmosphere. It's like a shitty action movie that you can't help but enjoy because stuff blows up, communists die and the protagonist is an awesome motherfucker.
    I actually might replay it a couple of months from now because it's so funny and violent, plus it's short... and has many achievements.
    It seriously made my day. As a full-price game it's highway roberry, but as a bargain bin title and if you know what you're in for it's awesome. There are many worse ways to spend two quid, that's for sure.

*actual quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Hiphat View Post
    Anyone had a good poke at Hunted: The Demon's Forge? I think it was a console game first, anyone know if the PC port is anygood? 5 on Gamersgate now.
    It's OK. Looks good and the combat is fun. Bow chick plays like a fantasy cover shooter. With bows. It's dark as hell which can be often annoying. I lost interest after a couple of hours because I couldn't see shit and it's full of long, unexciting dungeons. There aren't many 3rd person action games and this is one of the better.

Thanks for the info!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Just as an FYI: with the standalone expansion less than two weeks from release, there seems to be little point - unless I'm missing something - in jumping on Steam's daily deal, Fallen Enchantress.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Please buy Rogue Warrior.
    My thoughts from another thread:

It's FUCKING HILARIOUS. 107 minutes of non-stop violence and Mickey Rourke telling cock-breath commie motherfuckers to suck his hairy balls and wrap them around their fucking mouths.
    to better illustrate your point, here are the credits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouzh_63p618

it's a pretty crappy game, but mickey rourke swears so much that it's hard to dislike. alternatively, you could just put the above video on repeat for a couple of hours and save yourselves a couple of bucks, you commie motherfuckers.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Just as an FYI: with the standalone expansion less than two weeks from release, there seems to be little point - unless I'm missing something - in jumping on Steam's daily deal, Fallen Enchantress.
    A point might be to get both for $30 instead of just LE for $40.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    It seems the yet to be released expansion is now also 50% off, which I don't think was the case when I looked at it before. In any case: it seems I did miss something. Thanks for the correction!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphat View Post
    Anyone had a good poke at Hunted: The Demon's Forge? I think it was a console game first, anyone know if the PC port is anygood? 5 on Gamersgate now.
    I HATE that game with a vengence.

It's Diablo with super-limited loot, played as if it's Gears of War

or

It's Gears of War 'fantasy edition'

or

Gears of War with a Bow and Arrow and melee weapons

or

Diablo from a silly perspective

and so on

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Has anyone confirmed that this path works - the Stardock site says that existing customers 'may be entitled to an upgrade' and you have to login to their site to see the price you will pay??

or does FE:LH jsut appear cheaper in Steam if you own FE?
    Last edited by trjp; 09-05-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Due to high demand we are currently out of serial keys for Dishonored™

Well, that sure went quick.

As I said about 4 posts earlier - Gamersgate and Bethesda, what could go wrong eh...

In before the 20% discount to apologize? :)

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    In before the 20% discount to apologize? :)
    What does this mean? Is there going to be some further discount? (I'm unfamiliar with GG's practices)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    What does this mean? Is there going to be some further discount? (I'm unfamiliar with GG's practices)
    The last time they offered a good deal on Bethesda items (a massive missprice) they ended-up offering a 20% discount to the people who didn't get what they ordered (after the website melted-down for 24h)

Gamersgate and sales just don't seem to get on - they misprice things, they put full-priced items into their 'sales' and so on.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Has anyone confirmed that this path works - the Stardock site says that existing customers 'may be entitled to an upgrade' and you have to login to their site to see the price you will pay??

or does FE:LH jsut appear cheaper in Steam if you own FE?
    If I recall the language correctly, I think Stardock was trying to steer people toward their store.

I own FE. This is how it appears for me in Steam:

I can confirm I bought the original Fallen Enchantress on sale tonight and was able to buy the expansion for $20 on Steam.

Network Hub
    Thanks to all your reply's regarding Hunted: The Demon Forge. I'll think i'll give that one a miss. I don't like Gears and after digging around a little I certainly don't have anyone to play co-op with being that co-op is the main pinch for it.