Page 418 of 570 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468518 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,360 of 11396

Thread: PC Bargains

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Is the slingshot DLC actually worth getting? It looked pretty subpar.
    For the price it might be, but you'll have to restart the game if I remember correctly. You're given a ranked solider so you can help speed up the officer training progress, but can't change him at all. The missions are very annoying however, introducing aliens well before they should appear in the game, as in you'll be taking on Ravagers and Mutons with low ranked soldiers still using assault rifles, no lasers. I'd advise not starting it until you're ready as such.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    I think this was already brought up, but I tried buying Hitman Ablution on Amazon.com and they rejected my card. I sent them a support ticket and they said "A U.S. credit card with a U.S. billing address must be used to purchase Game/Software Downloads."
    Looks like faking the address is no longer enough.
    Everything worked for me (US address/German credit card). We might have to watch out for this problem. Would be a shame if Amazon.com couldn't be used anymore, considering the frequency of decent discounts.

Perhaps others could comment if they encountered the same problem with this or any other Amazon download games?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by zephalopod View Post
    Would be a shame if Amazon.com couldn't be used anymore, considering the frequency of decent discounts.
    Though it seems to have fallen by the wayside somewhat, there is a thread of people willing to buy download codes with regional pricing. I'm not trying to advertise myself or anything, since it's pretty obvious from a quick look that I'm the latest person to volunteer my services, but there are some other people from NA that have expressed a willingness in the past to buy keys for others.

I'm sure it's been mentioned but Rome 2 pre-order for UK/Europe at a reasonable £25.99 inc delivery (within UK). Nearly fainted when I saw it on Steam for £45.
    http://www.base.com/buy/product/tota...dgc-twr2pc.htm

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmalice View Post
    I'm sure it's been mentioned but Rome 2 pre-order for UK/Europe at a reasonable £25.99 inc delivery (within UK). Nearly fainted when I saw it on Steam for £45.
    http://www.base.com/buy/product/tota...dgc-twr2pc.htm
    When Shogun 2 came out here in The Netherlands it was 30 euros in stores and cheaper than digital releases which was very odd.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Network Hub
    Shopto.net has a few games for downloads. Not sure what the downloads are like or if you just get a key for steam.

Test Drive unlimited 2 for £2.84. Not sure what you get, key or download link shizzle. I heard this was abit of a trainwreck when it came out, who knows now and its only £3
    http://shopto.net/video%20games/down...ve-unlimited-2

A bunch of those boring Assassin Creed games and From Dust all under £5, again I don't know what you get, being a key or some such, anyone had any experience?

http://shopto.net/product/search/pla...load/menu/sale

Small Edit:

Greenman gaming are having a 48 hour sale of Deepsilver stuff. I am on a roll!

http://www.greenmangaming.com/deep-silver-deals/
    Last edited by Hiphat; 13-05-2013 at 05:31 PM.

So... Orcs Must Die! 2 Complete Pack is 5.75€ at GG. Is it worth it? I've heard it is, just want to get sure before getting it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Ever play #1? If you did it's #1 perfected and expanded on, adding coop a wider range of items and types of items, more ways to succeed (and fail hilariously obviously).

If you didn't? It's a tower defencish third person action game. But it's not like Sanctum and it's sterile mazes and time management. Instead explosive decoys and charm spells team up with squads of dwarven bomb throwers and catapult floor traps to throw orcs into lava.

I think that's a good deal, but maybe you should play the demo first.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Thanks! Gonna try the demo first, but sounds pretty good. I loved Dungeon Defenders, but didn't really get into Sanctum. This sounds more like my thing, so... Yep. Gonna give it a try. ^^

P.S.: The link to the offer:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-OMD2CP...te-pack-bundle

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphat View Post
    Test Drive unlimited 2 for £2.84. Not sure what you get, key or download link shizzle. I heard this was abit of a trainwreck when it came out, who knows now and its only £3
    Eh, it's still a bit of a wrecked train even now. Always-on DRM, the developer has been shut down so the servers may follow soon, don't even think about playing it with a wheel... The physics are better than GRID/Shift but still a far cry from resembling real life. There's an abomination of a story attached to all the racing which honestly makes me feel sick and I genuinely laughed out loud when I was driving around and "Discovered a plastic surgeon!" so I could CHANGE MY FACE in a DRIVING GAME. I mean what?! It's bad enough that most of the shops are for clothes rather than tuning, but whatever.

On the other hand, it has an awesome selection of vehicles and it's fun to cruise around in, I've put about 24 hours into it. So... Yeah.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Yeah, I actually rather liked TDU2 as a car-collection game, not so much as a racing one. I never really finished "career mode", but the exploration was fun. Too bad the PC version suffered a bit with lack of support, and the always-online thing was very annoying (the server was always laggy).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    TDU2's handling was never close to Shift/Grid IMO - it's weird bordering on crap.

I notice that the Carcassone PC port mentioned here

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...assonne-on-pc/

Is £2 at GMG right now - probably worth a dive in if you like that sort of thing?

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/e...y/carcassonne/

Hell you may even have "free" games to trade-in for that price? :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphat View Post
    I don't recommend this, even though I enjoyed the first TDU. I found the handling in TDU2 to be rather terrible, but for just £3 it might still be fun if you're looking to have a go at a relatively large open-world driving game with a decent selection of cars.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Be Mine Bundle 8 includes Steam keys for Patrician 4 + expansion for 1 dollar.
    For 5 dollars you also get Steam keys for Blood Bowl Legendary and Drakensang.
    Some more or less obscure games and music are thrown in at both price tiers. Two games will be revealed later.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Be Mine Bundle 8 includes Steam keys for Patrician 4 + expansion for 1 dollar.
    For 5 dollars you also get Steam keys for Blood Bowl Legendary and Drakensang.
    Some more or less obscure games and music are thrown in at both price tiers. Two games will be revealed later.
    I don't know about others but I have not been able to get Patrician IV run stable. It crashes constantly and randomly to the point where I found it unplayable. Drakensang is.. eh.. curious? I found it charming in a way that freaks can be cool, and it's utterly merciless in that way that you can build a really shitty character who will be doomed to constant fail and halt your progress. Better read the darkeye rules a bit before committing those points.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    it's utterly merciless in that way that you can build a really shitty character who will be doomed to constant fail and halt your progress. Better read the darkeye rules a bit before committing those points.
    Hah, tell me about it. My character was pretty useless for reasons I never quite understood. In theory she should have been hard to hit but in practice... not so much. Still, I thought Drakensang was a reasonable game with a charming atmosphere and some pleasingly difficult battles. Probably not one for those who think that RPGs need to be gritty'n'realistic or about choice'n'consequence though. Also I was constantly annoyed that enemies could walk right through your characters, and that there was some sort of aggro system (hit the enemies with a big spell and see them all charge the wizard) but no way of controlling aggro. That combination never works well.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Can anyone confirm that you now need a US based address and a US based credit card to buy game codes off amazon.com?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Can anyone confirm that you now need a US based address and a US based credit card to buy game codes off amazon.com?
    So far I've only needed a US billing address.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Same, but I remember people as recently as last weekend claiming otherwise.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID