Page 428 of 594 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438478528 ... LastLast
Results 8,541 to 8,560 of 11863

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    I don't suppose anyone's interested in splitting one of those? I already got Max Payne 3 but would love to get L.A. Noire Complete for cheap.
    I might be. I have a huge backlog, but I'll add MP3 sooner or later anyway.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I might be. I have a huge backlog, but I'll add MP3 sooner or later anyway.
    If Fanbuoy changes his mind and is no game I would jump in on the MP3, so you know TechnoJellyfish. Considering my backlog I have no problems with Fanbuoy not changing his mind though :)

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Many thanks, but the matter has already been settled!

Obscure Node
    Yeah, guessed as much, all fine.

Since nobody posted it here already and it's a killer deal and all, even though I posted it in the bundle thread:

The current Telltale Humble Weekly is a steal. Includes Walking Dead plus a gazillion other games.

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Yours truly,
    the bundle hermit
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Tried the demo...the main character is unlikeable, some classic JRPG crybaby... the fighting system was interesting but I couldn't suffer this jerk...
    He's starts off as your typical Jerpegre crybaby but actually gets better as the game goes on. Plus, unlike most in the genre, the story:gameplay ratio in TLR is massively unbalanced towards gameplay. For those of us in the thread saying we have 100+ hours in the game, about 1/20 of that is story, and even less is cut-scene story. So if you like the gameplay it's easy to get oen with.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphyd View Post
    I have a similar time investment on Steam. Didn't find the story particularly exciting, but hunting the rares gave me endless entertainment. A few of them were really rewarding to finish; right up there with my attempts on Omega Weapon in FF8.

The battle system introduced some... interesting large group mechanics.
    Some of those final-level guild mission rare monsters were just insane. I beat The Fallen and the Eldritch Dragon. After a 90min slugfest the Jhana Royals took me down. The Fiery Gates' damn minions killed me before it even appeared. And the Enlightened Seven and The Lost can go fuck themselves; I wasn't even going to try.

TLR would definitely be a desert island game for me, as there is just so much content and progression. The game feeds you just enough knowledge to make things interesting without letting you see exactly how things will turn out.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Since nobody posted it here already and it's a killer deal and all, even though I posted it in the bundle thread:

The current Telltale Humble Weekly is a steal. Includes Walking Dead plus a gazillion other games.

Yours truly,
    the bundle hermit
    Oh wow that's brilliant - Walking Dead was one of the best experiences of last year, and I do have a soft spot for Telltale's other output. Good spot, sir, good spot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post

Yours truly,
    the bundle hermit
    This may be a new value record - you get

BTTF
    Hector
    Puzzle Agent
    Poker Night 1
    Sam and Max Devils Playhouse
    Wallace and Grommit's Grand Adventures
    for anything you like and you an add
    Walking Dead
    For BTA - currently a bit over $4

which is a MASSIVE steal.

Everything cept W&G is Mac as well as Windows - everything except Walking Dead appears to have a DRM-free option too (WD needs Steam)

I think this is a new layer we've scraped off the PC game pricing barrel

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    BTTF
    Hector
    Puzzle Agent
    Poker Night 1
    Sam and Max Devils Playhouse
    Wallace and Grommit's Grand Adventures
    for anything you like and you an add
    Walking Dead
    For BTA - currently a bit over $4
    Emboldened all the good bits of this bundle, still worth it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I think you've done the Puzzle Agent series a grievous harm there Heliocentric, I've found the two of them to be quite underrated and well worth a playthrough (or two).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    I think you've done the Puzzle Agent series a grievous harm there Heliocentric, I've found the two of them to be quite underrated and well worth a playthrough (or two).
    Ya? I Enjoyed the trailer not that it had anything to do with the game, but I already played the first Prof Layton game and I gave up an hour into the second because it was the same puzzles again.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Were the Sam & Max games no good then? I loved Hit The Road and wasn't expecting anything as good as that, but I was hoping they'd at least be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Ya? I Enjoyed the trailer not that it had anything to do with the game, but I already played the first Prof Layton game and I gave up an hour into the second because it was the same puzzles again.
    It is actually quite similar (I've only played one Professor Layton game), I like the story in Puzzle Agent 2 in particular. I finished it in one session on a tedious flight and it was pretty good. But yeah, if you've played all the Layton games and a lot of other puzzle games, its gameplay can be repetitive.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Puzzle Agent 1's puzzles seemed very, very samey to me. In particular, there were far too many sliding tiles. Is this true of the second? I liked the humor and animation in PA1, but was so worn down by the puzzle repetition I never looked at the second one. The Layton games are much better about changing things up.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I posted this in the space 4x thread, but will reproduce it here on the off chance anyone is interested. The entire Distant Worlds franchise is $70 (including the new expansioN) until July 5th over on Matrix. Granted, by modern game sales standard that's not much of a bargain, but it is a pretty amazing game.

http://www.matrixgames.com/store/379/Distant.Worlds

That's still too rich for many folk's blood, I'm sure, but I figured I'd mention it.

Oh dear god above... no-one told me there was an expansion! With Pirates! And Boarding Actions!
    Downloading now...

(Damn.. there goes my Friday...)
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Seems to me that GreenManGaming has, apparently permanently, reduced the price of Far Cry 3 to €29.99. Anyone know of any discount vouchers that are active right now?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Seems to me that GreenManGaming has, apparently permanently, reduced the price of Far Cry 3 to €29.99. Anyone know of any discount vouchers that are active right now?
    Check their Blog (top bar menu) - pretty sure there's an "applies to most things" 20% at least

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Emboldened all the good bits of this bundle, still worth it.
    I've played the first two Walace & Gromit episodes and they were pretty fun, partly because of good old nostalgia.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    It seems that GameFly has some sort of summer sale going. There's Dungeonland for 1.99, Fallout: NV for 3.99 and BInfinite for 16.99 among others.

I haven't heard much about Dungeonland lately, is anyone playing this? The concept seemed somewhat interesting.

Drat, GoG has Quest for Glory on sale (and several other nice-looking things) when I've decided not to succumb to sales for a while. Ah, well.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.