Page 41 of 586 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Bargains

I'm also looking for a kind smuggler from the US and some interested RPSers to collaborate on a very cheap 4-pack buy of Borderlands GotY. Info in the above Smuggling post. Thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Direct2Drive has 15% off with code RETAIL15 (maybe US only). Dragon Age 2 = 10 bucks with code.

Metro 2033: €2.50

http://store.steampowered.com/app/43110/

A stupidly ridiculously cheap price for a very atmospheric corridoresque shooter.

P.

Is showing as £5 in UK (rather than £2.20) so yeah for regional pricing bollocks.

Activated Node
    Spec Ops: The Line - £4.99 pre-order

It looks like a misprice, but worth a shot ... http://www.game.co.uk/en/spec-ops-th...erm=spec%20ops

Obscure Node

GreenManGaming

Some of you probably saw I posted this special in the weekend Bargain Bin thread comments on the website, but figured it's worth a repost here. It's a UK site but also works for the US. I've picked up Red Orchestra 2 and pre-ordered Renegade Ops so I can verify it's legit for Steam purchases.

GMG have Red Orchestra 2 at 15% off plus there's an additional 20% off coupon that stacks. This game activates on Steam.
    Deluxe Edition: $42.45 + 20% off w/ coupon, so ~$34.
    Regular Edition: $33.95 + 20% off w/ coupon, so ~$27.

I bought Deluxe and they sent me the key to activate it on Steam in about 2 minutes. It's already sitting in my Steam games list now, awaiting the pre-load date and the final beta.

And they have 15% off a number of other pre-orders that can stack with the 20% off coupon as well:

Game name : Price with 20% coupon stacked on top of 15% pre-order discount:
    HOMM VI Deluxe Edition $40.76
    Stronghold 3 $33.96
    Tropico 4 $27.20
    Renegade Ops $10.20
    Batman: Arkham City $33.96
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations $33.96.

From Dust $11.95 (no more 15% discount, just 20% coupon)

20% codes - any one of these should work:
    20PEC-FACEB-SAVER
    20PEC-TWEET-SAVER
    HAPPY-PAYDA-YSITE
    20SUM-MERSA-VINGS
    SUNNY-SAVER-20PEC

The other nice thing is if you sign up through my links above and get any of those items, you'll get an additional $5 credit to your account for your next purchase.

So it's 15% off pre-orders, plus 20% stackable coupon, plus $5 credit on your account after your first order. I can't find a better deal out there than that on these titles.
    Last edited by Jay35; 29-08-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 is available to pre-order on Steam for $99.99 USD. Might be an Australia-only offer, I'm not sure.

-.-

It's 59,99EUR here. Seems ridiculously much.

I have to be honest, though -- back when I was young and impressionable, and my local games rag insisted that CoD was the greatest game ever (quite literally, if I remember correctly -- it was #1 on their 'greatest PC games of all time' list for that year), I ended up shelling out $100 or so for the 'collectors edition' because it was the only copy my local EB had in stock.

The bonus content was, from memory, a soundtrack CD with some nondescript orchestral music, and a big cardboard box.

The game was fun, but inevitably disappointing after the hype I'd succumbed to, not to mention the money I'd paid (about 15 hours' wages). 'Twas the end of an age of innocence, but it also stops me from being too smug about the absurd prices they're charging 8 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by MD! View Post
    I have to be honest, though -- back when I was young and impressionable, and my local games rag insisted that CoD was the greatest game ever (quite literally, if I remember correctly -- it was #1 on their 'greatest PC games of all time' list for that year), I ended up shelling out $100 or so for the 'collectors edition' because it was the only copy my local EB had in stock.

The bonus content was, from memory, a soundtrack CD with some nondescript orchestral music, and a big cardboard box.
    Are you thinking of Call of Duty 2? I don't remember us working on a CE for Call of Duty 1 at all, but #2 came with a special CD with some special features and the soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Hensler View Post
    Are you thinking of Call of Duty 2? I don't remember us working on a CE for Call of Duty 1 at all, but #2 came with a special CD with some special features and the soundtrack.
    Nope, definitely the first! I'm not sure exactly what this edition was called, but it was extra expensive and came with a soundtrack CD. Wikipedia tells me there was a Collector's Edition with soundtrack and strategy guide, which is probably the one I'm thinking of -- the strategy guide might have been missing, or just superfluous and forgotten.

edit: I hope I'm not coming across as too much of a dickhead here. I'm still a tiny bit bitter, but not at you personally :p

This will be gone by Saturday:
    £15 off when you preorder any two selected games

Includes the likes of Rage & Skyrim, both for £38.60 delivered.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewie Procter View Post
    This will be gone by Saturday:
    £15 off when you preorder any two selected games

Includes the likes of Rage & Skyrim, both for £38.60 delivered.
    Uff... UK only. That is one sweet deal.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

For someone who's never played the CoD franchise (and isn't a huge fan of the genre), are there any in there that should be checked out at the current price? ...Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare seems to Metacritic favourite—worth $10?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    The CoD 1+2 pack or 4 are pretty good games as one-offs. CoD 1 was one of my favourite games for a long time because I played it when it was new and it was way ahead of anything else at the time in terms of action and atmosphere. Nowadays with the series getting yearly installments and everyone copying it's lost the appeal. But if you've never played it before it's worth a go.

Obscure Node
    GMG added Men of War: Vietnam pre-order with 15% discount. If 20% coupons are still valid, stack one on top of that to make it $23.76. Haven't used one since we entered September, but I'd imagine the facebook, twitter, or payday ones would be the most likely to still work. Codes are here.
    And, as always, if you're registering there for the first time through one of these links, you'll receive $5 credit towards your next purchase if you spend $5 or more on your first purchase.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    None of the codes work now, Steam is cheaper. And it's polite to tell people when you're posting referral links.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'm conflicted about posting this because of the vendor.

Fable 3 £8.74 on xbox marketplace, but it is the pc version.
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Pr...5-d8044d53090a

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Couple good Beamdog sales:

Alpha Polaris, that "oh shit terror in the arctic" adventure game, is 25% off = $15
    The Oil Blue, the "managing oil rigs through click click clicking oh god why is is this so compelling and atmospheric" game, is 75% off = $5

Any thoughts on the quality of Fable 3? I'd grab it for that price if it's any good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    http://www.gameshark.com/reviews/366...III-Review.htm
    Tom chick was quite impressed, you might not agree with him but that review is full fat.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 02-09-2011 at 02:40 PM.