Page 437 of 578 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487537 ... LastLast
Results 8,721 to 8,740 of 11551

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Anno 1404: Gold is to be had on GMG as well for € 3.74 / 3.24; the voucher code GMG20-6WUSQ-LBC4U cuts off another 20 %. It's the pinnacle of the series, hands down, and it contains the expansion "Venice" (which introduced multiplayer into the game). Bear in mind that the download requires GMG's own "Capsule" client.
    Capsule? Eww. Would've bought instantly if it gave a Steam key.

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Heh, pretty much what I thought as well.

It's not on Steam IIRC. I bought it yesterday. I doesn't seem to come without the baggage of some unlikeable service or other, so I just chose a cheap alternative. I've been eyeing it for a good while now.

New summer dailies on GOG. Don't bother with Crusaders or Might & Magic 9.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by AshEnke View Post
    I really urge everyone to buy King of Dragon Pass for $3 on GoG.
    Does it work well with 7, out of the box?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Does it work well with 7, out of the box?
    Yes, with the slight proviso that this is one of those old games that doesn't like being tabbed in and out of. There's a work-around to make windowed play possible, but it was annoying for some reason or other when I tried it. Otherwise it is very smooth on my Win 7 system.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Cities in Motion 2, is cheap on Steam for today. Is it any use though? It looks like SimCity, but it also looks like you don't plan anything other than transportation routes?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Cities in Motion 2, is cheap on Steam for today. Is it any use though? It looks like SimCity, but it also looks like you don't plan anything other than transportation routes?
    That's the meat of it, but you can affect the city in comically significant ways, like demolishing buildings and laying entirely new roads wherever you please. It'll also grow on its own based on the traffic you bring to certain areas.

It's fun. It's fun to set all the little vehicles on their routes and watch them go pick people up. I don't have anything more articulate to say about it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    It's going cheap enough that I reckon I can at least get a weekend or two out of it. I'll give it a shot. Cheers!
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Well, I think I'm right in saying that you only use Capsule to download it. Once that's done you'll not need to use Capsule for it again.

Might be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Anno 1404: Gold is to be had on GMG... "Capsule" client.
    For those who can't stand Capsule (of which I have no experience), the game is also available on Gamersgate, and does go on sale from time to time. It's a good game, although I think I made a mistake by downloading Venice when I'd barely touched the base game, as the expansion seems to change a lot without an easy way of changing it back.

I think it may have been on Steam once, but that it was a casualty of the row between Valve and Ubisoft a few years ago - anyway, it's not on Steam.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The entire superbundle of M&M 6 is 9.99 at GreenManGaming

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/e...plete-edition/

and there's a code to knock another 20% off that

GMG20-6WUSQ-LBC4U

So that's the whole schmole for less than the price of the expansion!!

Obvious downsides are that it's a UBI game and that it had until recently (and perhaps still has?) issues with newer GPUs which led to it's crashing quite a lot - check the support list and if you're not on there (esp if you have SLI/Crossfire or a laptop) - TRY THE DEMO FIRST (Steam has it?)

The real downside is that you now own HoMM6, a game so terrible it made me stop playing video games for weeks. HoMM6 perfectly encapsulates what is wrong with modern design sensibilities, outsourcing, Ubisoft and the world as a whole, really.
    The previous HoMM games are all on sale on GOG at the moment and buying any of those is an infinitely better decision.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Should all check out GOG's 'Longest day of gaming,' there's quite a few fab deals to be had!

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Yes, with the slight proviso that this is one of those old games that doesn't like being tabbed in and out of. There's a work-around to make windowed play possible, but it was annoying for some reason or other when I tried it. Otherwise it is very smooth on my Win 7 system.
    Cool, thanks. In the meanwhile, it has dropped to $1.49.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/king_of_dragon_pass
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

FTL is now 75% off ($2.49)

http://www.ftlgame.com/

You'll get the drm free version and a steam key.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    The real downside is that you now own HoMM6, a game so terrible it made me stop playing video games for weeks. HoMM6 perfectly encapsulates what is wrong with modern design sensibilities, outsourcing, Ubisoft and the world as a whole, really.
    The previous HoMM games are all on sale on GOG at the moment and buying any of those is an infinitely better decision.
    Why did you hate it so much? I found it a little too grindy, but other than that I didn't think it was horrible. I didn't have any of the technical problems some people did.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainwinters View Post
    Should all check out GOG's 'Longest day of gaming,' there's quite a few fab deals to be had!
    This is actually a brilliant sale, and it's kind of annoying me because I had made a pact with myself not to buy any more games until I had finished my backlog. There are a lot of games that I had been looking at for great prices here though...Planescape, Baldurs Gate/Baldurs Gate 2, To The Moon, Fez, Thief, Deus Ex. Damn it GOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    This is actually a brilliant sale, and it's kind of annoying me because I had made a pact with myself not to buy any more games until I had finished my backlog. There are a lot of games that I had been looking at for great prices here though...Planescape, Baldurs Gate/Baldurs Gate 2, To The Moon, Fez, Thief, Deus Ex. Damn it GOG.
    Same here. I'm getting Planescape: Torment, but I have no idea when I'm going to play it.

Banned
    Isn't planescape torment individually just at 50% off? So just the usual discount.