Page 441 of 586 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,820 of 11714

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    World Train Royale looks interesting, jrpg meets economic strategy (I'm thinking Recettear) not tried it yet, will update you shortly.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    World Train Royale looks interesting, jrpg meets economic strategy (I'm thinking Recettear) not tried it yet, will update you shortly.
    Some of the reviews are textbook examples of how little clue some people have of what a 'review' should actually be.

Also great examples of why we should stop asking everyone for their 10p on everything because, 99% of the time, they have no fucking clue.

One day I'll read a review of a game which says "I do not like games 1/10" and then the universe can end...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Some of the reviews for those games are textbook examples of how little clue some people have of what a 'review' should actually be (and a sign of how GG rewards reviews of course)

Also great examples of why we should stop asking everyone for their 10p on everything because, 99% of the time, they have no fucking clue.

One day I'll read a review of a game which says "I do not like games 1/10" and then the universe can end...

Was it so good that it dragged you in and you won't stop playing, or did it suck so bad you actually gave up gaming?

FTR I snatched that (you know, trains) and Bloom (looked cool).
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Obscure Node
    Hi all, sorry, I don't want to go through 440 pages, but is there any trading thread (I did search but struggled to find it).

I have a few games I'm looking to trade :)

Thanks guys.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deanbtn View Post
    Hi all, sorry, I don't want to go through 440 pages, but is there any trading thread (I did search but struggled to find it).

I have a few games I'm looking to trade :)

Thanks guys.
    One popped up around the time of the last Steam summer sale, but there isn't an unofficially official trading thread to my knowledge. There's the kindness club, but that's really just giveaways.

Obscure Node
    Thanks for the info Fanbuoy, not a problem.

Will gift them to a friend, or strange, someone!

I'm interested in the $15 Dishonored+ deal, but I'm looking for advice on the second game. I've played the Elder Scrolls/Fallout and Doom/Rage games to death over the years, so they're out. From the perspective of single-player-only gameplay, which is better, Hunted or Brink (both seem to be multiplayer-focused)?
    Last edited by F. Lynx Pardinus; 26-06-2013 at 06:28 PM.

If you want another singleplayer game, and don't want to go for RAGE, I think the better option would be to wait for the next sale on Dishonoured, before getting Brink, which has a great world but no way to explore it in an interesting fashion. This wouldn't be a bargain, as you'd still effectively spend 12€ on Dishonoured, and get a game you won't like with it.

Do we do "hold off" recommendations in this thread? this is one.

Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    I think the better option would be to wait for the next sale on Dishonoured
    Thanks for the advice--do you think Dishonored will be any cheaper than $15 at the Steam Summer Sale?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    I'm interested in the $15 Dishonored+ deal, but I'm looking for advice on the second game. I've played the Elder Scrolls/Fallout and Doom/Rage games to death over the years, so they're out. From the perspective of single-player-only gameplay, which is better, Hunted or Brink (both seem to be multiplayer-focused)?
    Brink is a dead multiplayer game. Its very good, but it is very multiplayer-focused. Hunted is fun, its meant to be coop but in singleplayer you can swap between both characters at certain points. All the puzzles are designed with coop in mind but the bot does ok. Of the 2 I would choose Hunted, but you may be better at waiting for Dishonoured to be cheaper on its own.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thanks for the advice--do you think Dishonored will be any cheaper than $15 at the Steam Summer Sale?
    I say it will be cheaper somewhere during the summer sales.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Was it so good that it dragged you in and you won't stop playing, or did it suck so bad you actually gave up gaming?

FTR I snatched that (you know, trains) and Bloom (looked cool).
    I got a email turn of dominions 3 and sat staring obsessively at my battle reports until I passed out.

I'll try it soon I promise.

Activated Node
    I wish so hard that Brink had a single player campaign. Wonderful world and art direction. So much potential for a heck of a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    I say it will be cheaper somewhere during the summer sales.
    Thanks, guys, I will wait then. I am currently playing Lost Horizon so there's no rush.

Since the msrp of Dishonoured is down to 29.99 I think it will be cheaper in summer sale. Maybe not in steam but in GMG, Gamersgate or other digital store.

But then again, its Bethesda so who knows.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by Trelow View Post
    I wish so hard that Brink had a single player campaign. Wonderful world and art direction. So much potential for a heck of a story.
    I agree. I'm convinced that in a few years time they (who write history) will call these last five (or more) years "The Age Lost To The Multiplayer"...

Dark souls is on sale at Gamersgate for 11.99$, but you can pretend to be a British gentleman and get it for 5.99 BP (it's around 25% cheaper).

I'll try it soon I promise.
    It wont launch, trying some compatibility options.

www.amazon.com/dp/B00D8FUHFC/

Boarderlands GOTY Boarderlands 2+ Season Pass

$21.99 US dollars = 14.3444 British pounds sterling

Talk to me people, are these games worth bothering in single player.