Page 451 of 584 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,020 of 11666

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Ohh Mar Gawwwwd. Steam sale is almost here, I just remortgaged my home and transferred my life savings to my steam wallet, soon I will gift the entire world the travesty that is 'bad rats'.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    I'm going to be buying some gifts of this, too good to resist.

GG also have Euro Truck Simulator 2 as a daily deal for a tenner.

Is it really good? I mean properly fun to play, not "good" as in Farming Simulator good.

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    GG also have Euro Truck Simulator 2 as a daily deal for a tenner.

Is it really good? I mean properly fun to play, not "good" as in Farming Simulator good.
    It's ultimately just a pretty well realised truck driving game with some management simulation. Try the demo, it's beautiful in it's own way and isn't about clicking on things, most games are (ref http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...1277-Genre-2-0)

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    The demo is rather generous, too. Maybe even too generous - I think you can play for 3-5 hours straight without hitting any limitations whatsoever. I fear I might have seen everything the game has to offer in that timeframe. I'm probably still gonna get it at some point, just because it's that kind of relaxing experience not many games provide.

I believe the Euro Truck Simulator 2 key will activate on steam too.

Quote Originally Posted by alset85 View Post
    Even then the Steam version doesn't have CEG so it's movable and "backupable".
    I'd definitely recommend moving your CK2 folder outside to another area, so when the inevitable CK2 patch comes in it doesn't break all your previous save games. I've lost some epic multiplayer legacy games before now to this..

Also the excellent Game of Thrones mod is often left unworking for a bit after every patch whilst the modders valiantly fix it to work with the new vanilla version.
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    not sure if it's a real bargain, but compared to the other retailers it's pretty cheap. Civ V Brave new world is only just above 17 euro's on gamefly. It does say it can be sold to almost all of europe, so thats good. Anyone knows if gamefly is trustable?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    not sure if it's a real bargain, but compared to the other retailers it's pretty cheap. Civ V Brave new world is only just above 17 euro's on gamefly. It does say it can be sold to almost all of europe, so thats good. Anyone knows if gamefly is trustable?
    Gamefly are good. Its 17.99 for Brave New World, but the coupon code GFDJUL20UK will bring the price down to 14.39 - Its also a preorder. Key will be sent just after midnight, not sure if steam will unlock it then tho

Amazon have a 15% coupon, 1 use per account only. Just type "Gooncave"
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Anyone wants to split Omerta City of Gangsters 2 pack with me?

Its on sale in gamersgate right now, with my 20% off discount it will be $6 each.

Add me on steam so that I can respond faster.

Edit: already found someone
    Last edited by mnemnoch; 12-07-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Network Hub
    In relation to Brave New World, that is now 33% off on steam so is slightly cheaper than Gamefly. As much as I'm personally pleased because I want that product cheap I do think its a bit of an insult to people who pre-ordered it and actually paid more than what is effectively the actual price on release day in Europe.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Asokn View Post
    In relation to Brave New World, that is now 33% off on steam so is slightly cheaper than Gamefly. As much as I'm personally pleased because I want that product cheap I do think its a bit of an insult to people who pre-ordered it and actually paid more than what is effectively the actual price on release day in Europe.
    With the gamefly.co.uk code in EU, I got it for €16.78 (preorder) The EU price is 5 more than the base UK price, so getting it for a saving from any UK site will be cheaper for EU folk

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    With the gamefly.co.uk code in EU, I got it for €16.78 (preorder) The EU price is 5 more than the base UK price, so getting it for a saving from any UK site will be cheaper for EU folk
    That's fair enough, but for UK folk they could preorder for 10% off or buy now for 33% off which just feels a bit unfair. As I say, it's all good for people like me who didn't preorder.

Receiver is on sale for the same amount as it is on Steam but in Dollars from the devs via Humble widget. This way you get a DRM-free version as well as Steam and the developer gets more money. http://www.wolfire.com/receiver

In this case, I think the developer even gets ALL the money because Wolfire ARE the Humble guys, if I'm not mistaken...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    Receiver is on sale for the same amount as it is on Steam but in Dollars from the devs via Humble widget. This way you get a DRM-free version as well as Steam and the developer gets more money. http://www.wolfire.com/receiver

In this case, I think the developer even gets ALL the money because Wolfire ARE the Humble guys, if I'm not mistaken...
    I believe it split off and now has a separate organization running it, complete with VC funds.

It's probably worth repeating here too, that basically all of the current Spiderweb RPGs are on sale as a Humble Weekly deal. So: all the Avernum Games, Geneforge, Nethergate, and Avadon.

Nethergate and Escape from the Pit are BTA, or $4 and change now.

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    I believe it split off and now has a separate organization running it, complete with VC funds.
    Indeed, but I think many assume the Humble store's cut might be less than Steam's, although I wouldn't know where that belief stems from or if it has a factual basis. Still, it's true you usually get at least a DRM-free version, keys, sometimes more.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Phil Phish said as much when he released FEZ, but that guy says many things - even though I wouldn't suggest he's ingenuine, rather the opposite!

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Indeed, but I think many assume the Humble store's cut might be less than Steam's, although I wouldn't know where that belief stems from or if it has a factual basis. Still, it's true you usually get at least a DRM-free version, keys, sometimes more.
    As far as I know, Steam gets around the 30% whereas Humnle guys get around 15%. I might be wrong, though.